iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
The "first/outlap being quickest" trait still exists on some cars. I don't drive the GT3 cars or anything of the like all that often, so I can't comment on that but cars like the Jetta, MX-5, Mustang, etc. all seem to carry this trait. Granted, it's a step in the right direction compared to what it used to be..

The "first/outlap being quickest" trait still exists on some cars. I don't drive the GT3 cars or anything of the like all that often, so I can't comment on that but cars like the Jetta, MX-5, Mustang, etc. all seem to carry this trait. Granted, it's a step in the right direction compared to what it used to be..

100% agree it is an improvement and it is "getting there". All I am saying, rewind 2012 and felt similar.

I am replying too, is Tijee's comment, that it is a little broken at the moment. Simply highlighting it's been longer than a moment.

My comment is nothing derogatory against iRacing. I am a iRacer as well, but more importantly, I am a sim racer first :)

Well, now I understand the reason for my best times are on the first lap of two in qualifying session. But I would like to ask if is better to push hard the outlap or is preferable to do some conservative installation lap before the first timed lap. Thx.

I wonder why iRacing doesn't have a new tire work in period. They're brand new each time we enter the track right? Shouldn't they be like complete ice for a half lap, and then slowly begin to gain grip?

Not that I know of, maybe ATLAS but I'm not sure. Otherwise we can only rely on tire wear.

Dang, I need to re-evaluate my setups then. I should have been smart enough to ask about tire pressures as well.

I guess I still notice that trait a bit as well, but like you guys said, it's not as noticeable as before.

Well, now I understand the reason for my best times are on the first lap of two in qualifying session. But I would like to ask if is better to push hard the outlap or is preferable to do some conservative installation lap before the first timed lap. Thx.

I'm not sure with the current tire model, but awhile back I found that running the first few laps of a long stint around 96%, the tires would not fall off towards the end of the stint. It's probably the same for a few laps too.

Guys, how many drivers are you allowed to have in one of those 2016 endurance series that iRacing recently posted up?
I think it's 6 or 8 or something. I know a couple guys on GTP are looking for teammates if you're interested in doing Daytona.

On that note, I just finished a practice session that featured Continental Sportscar Challenge drivers Eric Foss and Justin Piscitell. Foss pipped me right before the chequered flag, but I got him back on my final lap :D. They were just having fun, but I followed Foss around for a lap or so and picked up a few things that helped me improve my times.

Attachments

• i beat foss and piscitell.PNG
    i beat foss and piscitell.PNG
    48.7 KB · Views: 31
I might but 3 hour kind of tough, i was hoping of joining a very large group so i only need to do about two hours?

two hours is kind of what I can do....I am also in an Aussie timezone which might help?

What are you guys using now to take screenshots? Ive always used fraps but looks like the version I had was a bootleg version from 2010 so its not working lol. I downloaded the free version off their website but doesn't seems to be working.

What are you guys using now to take screenshots? Ive always used fraps but looks like the version I had was a bootleg version from 2010 so its not working lol. I downloaded the free version off their website but doesn't seems to be working.

I've always used the stock "PRT SCRN" function as it works pretty well. MSI Afterburner also has a nice screenshot feature as well.

I'm no longer an iracing member as my system cant run it and I cant afford to update right now,

Just a couple of questions and I hope someone here can answer them,

I watched some bits and pieces of the Daytona 24h, why haven't they developed day to night transition yet? I know they are perfectionists so I can understand the rain, but day to night should be relatively simple compared to that,

And why haven't they changed the *five makes per lobby* thing yet? Their GT class car list is growing each time I see, plus the lack of the Riley chassis in Dp was a little upsetting,

I'm no longer an iracing member as my system cant run it and I cant afford to update right now,

Just a couple of questions and I hope someone here can answer them,

I watched some bits and pieces of the Daytona 24h, why haven't they developed day to night transition yet? I know they are perfectionists so I can understand the rain, but day to night should be relatively simple compared to that,

And why haven't they changed the *five makes per lobby* thing yet? Their GT class car list is growing each time I see, plus the lack of the Riley chassis in Dp was a little upsetting,

When they come out with the next build in March they are going to dx11 so from what I've read that will put them closer to day/night transitions.

I don't know anything about how coding or any of that stuff works but I would assume it's not as easy as clicking a button or two to add more GT3 cars to the same race. The Audi is coming out in the next build and the Mercedes will be the next GT3 after that. From what I understand is that they are going to remove the ruf and ford gt from gt3 making the bmw, Mclaren, Audi and Mercedes the 4 GT3 cars.

The reason the Riley was removed because it was replaced by the new corvette DP. Whenever they come out with the new model of a certain class of car the old one will be replaced. Been the same way on the oval side as well.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that earlier. Looks like the 3.5 version is not quite ready for the next build. Tony Gardner said on the iracing forums they are shooting for 4 cars to be released next build the formula renault 2.0, Audi GT3, Mercedes GT3 and the new MX5 Miata that will be a free car.

Edit: Looks like your post isnt up showing anymore. Here is the video again.

Is it just me or did the in car sounds in the sprint cup car change?

They changed the sound of each car to make them sound different, like they do in real life. Before they all sounded like they had the same engine even though they were from 3 different brands.

I hate to point this out, but, his feet aren't on the ground . . .

Good find. I'd also like to point out that the lollipop holder would not stand this close to the car. He'd be using the full reach of that stick, rather than "choking it." Also, he would not release the lollipop until the car was ready to go.

Honestly there should be better things to do than updating the lollipop holder haha...I mean things like web stability or the damage model of the DP that so stuffed up a number of people in the last Daytona 24 hour race would be a start!

Honestly there should be better things to do than updating the lollipop holder haha...I mean things like web stability or the damage model of the DP that so stuffed up a number of people in the last Daytona 24 hour race would be a start!

I doubt the pit guy will be the only improvement of the next build. BTW iRacing staff said on the forum that DX11 will be available as an option in March build, and will replace DX9 eventually when it's proven stable.

The guy who does animations won't have a clue about improving stability or damage models so best he sticks with animations.

I seem to remember they have someone, who has been working for some time, developing a new damage model - so it's coming.

BTW iRacing staff said on the forum that DX11 will be available as an option in March build, and will replace DX9 eventually when it's proven stable.
My guess is its so people can get a look for themselves just how far away they are to getting it working properly. Will help stop some questions as well to "hows it going with dx11".

My guess is its so people can get a look for themselves just how far away they are to getting it working properly. Will help stop some questions as well to "hows it going with dx11".

I see it as more of an opportunity for their customers to test it out on their system to see if their system is still capable of running the Sim, and for them to be able to gather data to find errors and areas to improve.

I see it as more of an opportunity for their customers to test it out on their system to see if their system is still capable of running the Sim, and for them to be able to gather data to find errors and areas to improve.

Indeed, it's been presented as a public alpha release. But still a step in the good direction.

Back