iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
There's lots of complaints about the damage on the DP but honestly, it's actually one of the only cars in iracing which repairs well. I completely drove under another dp and destroyed the front clip on the car, sure i got the meatball but i came to pitroad and 30 seconds later the car was fixed and back to full speed with the nose replaced.

The meatball is annoying but it's been there since the car came out, it's only now that those who are just jumping into it for one race are complaining. Sure it needs to be fixed but at least the car repairs well.

The damage and repair model could really use some updating. The damage model is honestly fine in my opinion, it would be cool to have things like mirrors, five planes, wings, ect fly off and such, but that can be saved for the future. The repair model is the real issue to me. And I feel that it's something that should be really easy to fix. I could be wrong, but it should be really easy. It's the fact that replacement parts are practically non existent. If you crash and botch up your front nose, the team tries to re-shape the nose... Um what? I've never seen a real life team do that before. They either just rip off the messed up area (maybe difficult in iRacing), or they just take it off and put a brand new bumper on (easily do-able in iRacing). I'm having a hard time believing that is more difficult to model than a bent back together bumper.

The damage and repair model could really use some updating. The damage model is honestly fine in my opinion, it would be cool to have things like mirrors, five planes, wings, ect fly off and such, but that can be saved for the future. The repair model is the real issue to me. And I feel that it's something that should be really easy to fix. I could be wrong, but it should be really easy. It's the fact that replacement parts are practically non existent. If you crash and botch up your front nose, the team tries to re-shape the nose... Um what? I've never seen a real life team do that before. They either just rip off the messed up area (maybe difficult in iRacing), or they just take it off and put a brand new bumper on (easily do-able in iRacing). I'm having a hard time believing that is more difficult to model than a bent back together bumper.

Kamui, you probably haven't caught up with the news, but there is a repair bug with the DP that no matter how many times you try to fix it, you get a black flag.

Check out the iracing world event/DP 24 hour forums.

A few people were annoyed that iracing allowed this car to be used in the 24 hour race as well, how annoyed would you be if you got the bug on 23rd hour?

Good on them for making this more realistic, but surely I'm not the only one that wouldn't care either way? I guess it's just a start for animation improvements to come, but I could pass up on the "Lollipop" guy.

I just want to point out that at the end he did say that he was working on shifting, 900 degree, pit animations and ambiance. What I wish he said was how long it would take and how long lolly pop man took.

Also this guy was the lead animator on Red Dead Redemption

Last edited:
The new animations they are working on are pretty cool but I'm in the group that doesn't care either way. I know lot of people always ask about pit crews because they had them in the older nascar racing games which is where iracing comes from but I'm just as good without it. Most times its hard enough to see where your pit stall is with just the other cars in the pit so I could only imagine if there were crew members every where lol.

I do like how they are doing the dx11 update with it being an option for next season with dx9 still as primary then switching the season after to dx11 as primary and dx9 as option. Gives them time to work out the bugs and the sim still usable plus it gives people like me with an older pc time to upgrade. I was stressing that I needed to get another pc built by the next build in march, but now at least I have more time and I can see if what I got works on dx11 and if not just use dx9 until I'm able to build another pc.

What I wish he said was how long it would take and how long lolly pop man took.

"soon"

The new animations they are working on are pretty cool but I'm in the group that doesn't care either way. I know lot of people always ask about pit crews because they had them in the older nascar racing games which is where iracing comes from but I'm just as good without it. Most times its hard enough to see where your pit stall is with just the other cars in the pit so I could only imagine if there were crew members every where lol.

I do like how they are doing the dx11 update with it being an option for next season with dx9 still as primary then switching the season after to dx11 as primary and dx9 as option. Gives them time to work out the bugs and the sim still usable plus it gives people like me with an older pc time to upgrade. I was stressing that I needed to get another pc built by the next build in march, but now at least I have more time and I can see if what I got works on dx11 and if not just use dx9 until I'm able to build another pc.

I do see your point about the the pit stalls, but we have this same issue in real life. If iRacing could make a way where the pit crew would only come out during the car being stationary, then it wouldn't be so confusing. It's good practice, and like I said, we have the same issues in real life. So I think with the correct utilization, it has a lot of potential.

You'll actually find that your computer will run much smoother while running iRacing after DX11. The processor has to do less work to get the same finishing product. Someone on the iRacing forums explained it like this...

DX9 - 2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2=20
DX11 - 2*10=20

2e5d0cfeff.png

I made it at last!

I've still yet to go over 2000 iRating for ovals. Whenever I seem to be on the brink, I get put with a league of a bunch of different aliens all from a different planet each. :lol:

happens every year around as big of races like the 500. but We make the best out of it, it's not as bad as the Watkins glen race a year or 2 ago.

Although the DDoS excuse is somewhat believable, it's not the main issue. Seems like the site hits 3500 users online and then crashes. It's like that every night, and I'd highly doubt their provider gets attacked every 7-10 hours.

Although the DDoS excuse is somewhat believable, it's not the main issue. Seems like the site hits 3500 users online and then crashes. It's like that every night, and I'd highly doubt their provider gets attacked every 7-10 hours.
Hence why i let my subscription expire. Any event that is somewhat big always ends up getting cancelled due to server issues and its happened every single time for the 2 years i was on it. And also the fact that iRacing doesnt really know how tires work constantly changing it all the time. Dont get me wrong iRacing is the only go to place for online sim racing however the frustrations and issues dont justify the cost anymore, plus the road side is still severely outdated.

I've let my subscription lapse. Any one following the VR side? Have they made any recent announcements about the consumer VR support? Actually more interested in Vive support at this point. Have they made any announcements regarding supporting it?

Appreciate it!

I've let my subscription lapse. Any one following the VR side? Have they made any recent announcements about the consumer VR support? Actually more interested in Vive support at this point. Have they made any announcements regarding supporting it?

Appreciate it!

They plan to support Oculus Rift CV1 before the end of the year, no date but I think S3 or S4 most likely.

Not a word about supporting HTC Vive.

Hence why i let my subscription expire. Any event that is somewhat big always ends up getting cancelled due to server issues and its happened every single time for the 2 years i was on it. And also the fact that iRacing doesnt really know how tires work constantly changing it all the time. Dont get me wrong iRacing is the only go to place for online sim racing however the frustrations and issues dont justify the cost anymore, plus the road side is still severely outdated.

I agree with this point.

What is MORE shocking is that no one has ever tried to step up. It is really sad for sim fans, whilst AC, PCars etc etc many have tried but every single one misses something still. If there was just a semi-intelligent studio, they can get it to work.

I mean the graphics on this game are shocking. If you can't see it, you don't run enough of a good computer. Look at the graphics on titles like Tomb Raider, pCars etc. This is 2016, not 1999.

But it is all relative, there simply isn't any good racing games out there. Especially on the multiplayer side, AC, Raceroom, all have dead multiplayer or poor systems (like no SR or IR).

They plan to support Oculus Rift CV1 before the end of the year, no date but I think S3 or S4 most likely.

Not a word about supporting HTC Vive.

I got the impression from a forum post by the developer working on it that CV1 will probably come earlier than S3 but there is no promised date - basically, it's being worked on at the moment and will be released as soon as it's ready.

I got the impression from a forum post by the developer working on it that CV1 will probably come earlier than S3 but there is no promised date - basically, it's being worked on at the moment and will be released as soon as it's ready.

That's right, the staff is very careful to not put too high expectations on the support date of CV1. I suppose it could be ready before S3 but it may require some more work to make it work flawlessly.

Concerning DX11, it should be ready for S2 as an option, and will replace DX9 as the default choice as soon as it's proven to work fine.

Back