iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
So do any of you's race on Iracing ?? Or are you's just having a sook about it. Iv been on iracing for years and race online and never had a problem with it. Think you all need to upgrade your computers,iracing is the most realistic sim racing game around on PC,all the real race drivers use this for practice

So do any of you's race on Iracing ?? Or are you's just having a sook about it. Iv been on iracing for years and race online and never had a problem with it. Think you all need to upgrade your computers,iracing is the most realistic sim racing game around on PC,all the real race drivers use this for practice

I have a low setup but I don't have any major issue, I enjoy iRacing. Speaking of realism, @Kamuifanboy is a real life race driver and also plays iRacing, I think he can be trusted ;)

To run the Oculus they need to have DX11 fully supported, it won't run on 9

Fairly certain Vive has no DX11 requirement though. Really hope they decide to also support it, because I'm not really interested in the Rift anymore. This is being purchased for more than just sim racing for me.

12779175_10153928986686085_4177221436809984472_o.jpg

1:30-58:00

Whilst I would want to watch it due to the Tony Gardner interview I am not supporting inside sim racing and Gangi's constant rants/melt downs that saw the likes of Shaun Cole leave or his attempts to shut down other sim racing reviewers. His suppose to be an "elder" of the industry but acts like a child.

We as a sim racing community should always support all views of sim racing negative or positive and not be blind fanboys of any single game.

Whilst I would want to watch it due to the Tony Gardner interview I am not supporting inside sim racing and Gangi's constant rants/melt downs that saw the likes of Shaun Cole leave or his attempts to shut down other sim racing reviewers. His suppose to be an "elder" of the industry but acts like a child.

We as a sim racing community should always support all views of sim racing negative or positive and not be blind fanboys of any single game.

I suggest watching it, Darin has gotten much better than he was a few months ago and his new co-host seems to be bringing the show back in the right direction. They still have some improvements to make, but it's getting better with every episode. That being said..

I agree with this point.

What is MORE shocking is that no one has ever tried to step up. It is really sad for sim fans, whilst AC, PCars etc etc many have tried but every single one misses something still. If there was just a semi-intelligent studio, they can get it to work.

I mean the graphics on this game are shocking. If you can't see it, you don't run enough of a good computer. Look at the graphics on titles like Tomb Raider, pCars etc. This is 2016, not 1999.

But it is all relative, there simply isn't any good racing games out there. Especially on the multiplayer side, AC, Raceroom, all have dead multiplayer or poor systems (like no SR or IR).

Sure, my i5-6600k and 980ti suck :P

But really i somewhat agree but at the same time i don't. The gameplay far outweighs graphics for me and to be honest, i prefer this to the over saturated and over contrasted colours most games use because to me, that's not realistic.

Likewise, literally nothing about pcars was able to overcome the fact that the cars just don't drive like cars to me. The car list is great, weather is great, everything about it is great except for the actual driving which is just terrible.

Yes the website has been running notoriously slowly for a while now but at least this year the servers stayed up for the 500. To say that events are always cancelled is completely unfair, the last event which was cancelled was last years 500, everything else has ran since then. The only issue i've seen since was the problem with the daytona 24 where they setup another race to start the following hour to fix the problem.

I suggest watching it, Darin has gotten much better than he was a few months ago and his new co-host seems to be bringing the show back in the right direction. They still have some improvements to make, but it's getting better with every episode. That being said..

It actually has nothing to do with the show quality.

It is actually what Darin does in the background/not on the show that I don't tolerate.

His basically a bully. He bullied Shaun Cole leaving and made it like Shaun abandoned the show. His bullied Emptybox which produces great youtube videos and Emptybox, unlike Darin, does not get sponsored in anyway. He also bullied prc despite PRC being like the ONLY independent sim racing news around given they do not get paid for anything either, and they are the only one to point out flaws in each game.

Darin does way too much defending of iRacing and you can't take that guy seriously. His youtube channel is basically an off PR arm for iracing with all his polo iracing shirts, iracing adds, iracing hats. Don't get me wrong, I am all for him getting paid, but seriously makes it hard to take his iRacing views seriously.

Secondly, you shouldn't bully people. Full stop.

Do you mean from Real Life or from iRacing?

I've just recorded a race using a GoPro in the Blancpain Endurance Series at Phillip Island.

Both, but I'm always interested in watching real racers on sims, it makes things more "real" ;)

Anyway, I follow you on YouTube, looking forward to see your races.

I have all of the files saved, just have yet to really upload anything. I'd like to upload the race that I finished 2nd in, but I did something in that race that I'm not too terribly proud of to a Pro/WC GT driver that was driving like a complete wanker and would rather not people see me do that. Maybe I'll record some of the GT1 races that I did and then upload those instead. Much cleaner races.

The Star Mazda has more power, the Renault is slightly lighter but 20BHP down, its chassis is far better than the Mazda's. About the same pace overall

MX5 has always been fantastic but am I missing something with DX11? Still not on par with other current racing games like AC or pCars visually at least. iRacing still looks very outdated. I wonder if they will ever bother hauling the engine over

I read that as, "makes me wish I had $3k to spend on a wheel and pedals" :sly:
I know at least that's what I would wish for :lol:

I still haven't had a chance to try the update.

Back