iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
I doubt the Indycar set date. It isn't as big as a priority as NASCAR content, but they've been working more than usual this year...

Hope it keeps up, but they seem to just keep adding content without knowing the car limit still exists. And that's my hugest gripe.

Oh and DPi is expected by end of the year or even earlier I heard. We'll wait and see I guess

Its really a content race. With FM7. GTS. And PC2 coming plus some other solid racing games coming next year they need to compete to keep the numbers up.

Forza's excuse is they take 2 years to aquire data. Build the product and get it to the shelf. iRacing can pump out a new car inside 4 months so why isnt the content closer to being within 12 months of release date of the actual car instead of 2 years or more.
I'm not sure it's being pumped out that fast, it would make more sense to me if that's the time frame in which they publicly notify the community that they have already begun work in the car.

Been thinking about getting back into Iracing.

It's been a few years. I think I was A-Class Road, and the last season might have been the first or second season with the RUF cars released. I was mainly a Skip Barber racer, and through trying to be clean driving worked my way up to A. I did enjoy the RUF races as well.

I've seen the new cars and tracks, and tried to keep somewhat up to date on patches, but few questions.

1. Since the Porsche is in there now, did they offer an option of a trade-out if you had bought the Rufs? Seems like a wasted car, even though it does have one series on Season 3.

2. I'm reading about the "Rubbering" in of the tracks. Does it make that much of a difference. Will drivers actively use a different line through the track over the course of a long race?

3. I'm East Coast US (GMT-5) and might be changing jobs soon to a 2on/2off 6pm--6:30am job, so I would usually play late into the night, maybe 2am/3am, but seemed to be fewer splits. Is that probably still the case? If I don't get that job, I probably won't play. If I do i'll have to find ways to humor myself from about 11pm---6am the days I'm off.

Thanks

Been thinking about getting back into Iracing.

It's been a few years. I think I was A-Class Road, and the last season might have been the first or second season with the RUF cars released. I was mainly a Skip Barber racer, and through trying to be clean driving worked my way up to A. I did enjoy the RUF races as well.

I've seen the new cars and tracks, and tried to keep somewhat up to date on patches, but few questions.

1. Since the Porsche is in there now, did they offer an option of a trade-out if you had bought the Rufs? Seems like a wasted car, even though it does have one series on Season 3.

2. I'm reading about the "Rubbering" in of the tracks. Does it make that much of a difference. Will drivers actively use a different line through the track over the course of a long race?

3. I'm East Coast US (GMT-5) and might be changing jobs soon to a 2on/2off 6pm--6:30am job, so I would usually play late into the night, maybe 2am/3am, but seemed to be fewer splits. Is that probably still the case? If I don't get that job, I probably won't play. If I do i'll have to find ways to humor myself from about 11pm---6am the days I'm off.

Thanks
No trade in option, they left the RUF as a Class D series but only the track version.
I feel like there's more grip after a while but maybe it me, it is visually there though

I used to run late nights sometimes you would get decent splits but not on every series. I'm GMT -5 aswell

It's official. I'll be coming back to Iracing. Probably in a couple of months as I have to train during the days.

Just have to dust of the DFGT & G27 pedals.

Do they still do a black friday deal?

Lastly, about the "rubbering" in of the track. Does that only apply in races, or in qualifying/tt/practice?

It's official. I'll be coming back to Iracing. Probably in a couple of months as I have to train during the days.

Just have to dust of the DFGT & G27 pedals.

Do they still do a black friday deal?

Lastly, about the "rubbering" in of the track. Does that only apply in races, or in qualifying/tt/practice?

I'm pretty sure they still do a Black Friday deal. The track evolution works in all sessions. In test mode and hosted races you can set it to the percentage you want it to start with and whether or not you want marbles cleaned.

I just made the jump to iRacing. I blame Project Cars. I tried PC for a month or so but kept having to mess with the force feedback settings to get the feel right instead of actually playing the game. I got fed up and went back to GT6 league racing for a bit but after being introduced to a better physics/handling model GT6 just felt too arcade like, and it drove me nuts that people with DS3 controllers could run circles around me with their whacky tunes.

So I installed iRacing and bought a 3 month subscription. I have only driven the spec miata so far and I'm in love. A few questions though...

I have the Logitech G29 and the game isn't recognizing the clutch pedal. I switched it to auto clutch but when I upshift the motor bounces off the rev limiter. Not sure if I'm supposed to lift when I shift. It doesn't seem to make a difference with the split times...but the sound is pretty annoying.

With only one monitor, there are blind spots I never had to worry about in GT6 that are causing me problems in iRacing. People come up the inside on some whacky line and when I turn in for the ideal line they just ram into me. Maybe this will go away as I move up the ladder, but right now I can't figure out how to race without just giving up positions before they are actually earned in fear of them ruining my race entirely.

Is tire squeal a good thing or a bad thing? If I brake hard, the car never slows down, if I brake and avoid all tire squeal it seems to work better. I can't really feel the difference between these two points. I read that the wheel is supposed to shake when the ABS kicks in, but that doesn't happen for me. Are there Force Feedback settings to tweak for the G29?

Chuyler1, didn't you used to host the 450pp in GT5?

I know I remember you from somewhere. Obviously here.

Not sure about the G29 settings.

Once you get out of the miata cup, drivers seem to behave a little better. Getting points of your SR for not doing anything can be a pain, but try and keep your nose clean, and usually you get out of people with kid-like behaviour.

"The motorsports rivalry continues," so says iRacing. A recent iRacing video shown that the LMP Hybrids of Audi and Porsche are in development for iRacing. Good grief. I bet it is going to be bonkers seeing these things in iRacing. And to be honest, I can't wait! Those things are going to be beasts to race.

Yeah, I know- tree'd, but I still think this is pretty awesome news.

"The motorsports rivalry continues," so says iRacing. A recent iRacing video shown that the LMP Hybrids of Audi and Porsche are in development for iRacing. Good grief. I bet it is going to be bonkers seeing these things in iRacing. And to be honest, I can't wait! Those things are going to be beasts to race.

Yeah, I know- tree'd, but I still think this is pretty awesome news.

It's good but it's 3 years way to late. Where's the modern LMP2 cars to match it?

I just made the jump to iRacing. I blame Project Cars. I tried PC for a month or so but kept having to mess with the force feedback settings to get the feel right instead of actually playing the game. I got fed up and went back to GT6 league racing for a bit but after being introduced to a better physics/handling model GT6 just felt too arcade like, and it drove me nuts that people with DS3 controllers could run circles around me with their whacky tunes.

So I installed iRacing and bought a 3 month subscription. I have only driven the spec miata so far and I'm in love. A few questions though...

I have the Logitech G29 and the game isn't recognizing the clutch pedal. I switched it to auto clutch but when I upshift the motor bounces off the rev limiter. Not sure if I'm supposed to lift when I shift. It doesn't seem to make a difference with the split times...but the sound is pretty annoying.

With only one monitor, there are blind spots I never had to worry about in GT6 that are causing me problems in iRacing. People come up the inside on some whacky line and when I turn in for the ideal line they just ram into me. Maybe this will go away as I move up the ladder, but right now I can't figure out how to race without just giving up positions before they are actually earned in fear of them ruining my race entirely.

Is tire squeal a good thing or a bad thing? If I brake hard, the car never slows down, if I brake and avoid all tire squeal it seems to work better. I can't really feel the difference between these two points. I read that the wheel is supposed to shake when the ABS kicks in, but that doesn't happen for me. Are there Force Feedback settings to tweak for the G29?

If you haven't already, you need to download the Logitech profiler from Logitech's website.

Yes you are supposed to drive the cars as they were intended, so for the mx5 you are supposed to lift, but that's up to you.

Go into the graphics settings and use the virtual mirror on single monitor.

iRacing intentionally made the tire sounds louder than they should be for users of a certain setup. Sound can be tweaked in options next to graphics.

Most of you may know I loathe the Nürburgring- especially any Nordschleife configuration. Earlier today, I saw a little iRacing stream from the Racespot channel with all of the Nordschleife being raced, or maybe the 24h course. The attention to detail with the massive 12.5-something Nordschleife course is done quite well in iRacing. I'm surprised a track that large and with a bunch of cars racing it would be handled so well.

I usually cringe at doing almost any event at the Nürburgring because I've been terrible playing that track in almost any game.

Haven't subbed for a year. Anyone let me know how:
1. the new UI is going
2. day night cycles here yet?
3. how is the time attack mode? I was really looking forward to this...anyone able to give me some details? format, how it works...is it popular?

The Pacific Majors has expanded to world wide with four regions; Pacific, Atlantic, European, and International. If you wanted to join but didn't fit the club requirement of past seasons, now's your chance.
League Page
Website

Good luck to all racing in the iRacing 24 Hours of Daytona this weekend. The action is going on right now as of this post among various iRacing drivers.

Back