iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Another big event, another big crash issue. Good luck to those still in it, for those out due to crashes, feel sorry for you :(

I think I'd rather have that than be racing in top split. The racing standards were an absolute joke. Every leader in GT3 was taken out by an impatient GTE car that ran into the back of the GT3 car on corner exit.

I think I'd rather have that than be racing in top split. The racing standards were an absolute joke. Every leader in GT3 was taken out by an impatient GTE car that ran into the back of the GT3 car on corner exit.

Well I am not that surprised. I quit the game a few years back and only sign up for the odd 1 or 3 months per year. The standard of racing is sometimes just terrible. Since I am a casual gamer this hurts when I get to only race one per week and some guy takes me out in T1 or later in th race. Feels like a whole week wasted. Now I just race against AI in AC. Save money. Have fun. More casual.

Add in the fact that my currency has fallen greatly against USD and they stopped having the sales makes it difficult.

impatient GTE

There's your problem. (ALL of the GTE drivers in my split [which was 7] were morons)

Also when is iRacing going to fix their broken tire and damage repair models and their servers?

We at Lone Wolf Motorsports were going to finish second, however an incident with a lapped car turning into us cost us 11 minutes of required repairs which in turn, cost us our second place. We managed to finish 7th in class though.

The Release notes for the new build Tuesday have been released. Aside from the three new cars and four new tracks/track updates. There is some really interesting stuff being changed. http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3596447.page

Here are some of the "under the radar" but still interesting bits imo;
Custom Car Classes
- You are now able to create and edit your own Custom Car Classes for Hosted Sessions!

Dirt
- Dirt heights across all areas of the track now allow for a greater possible range of dirt amounts.
- - This will allow for both a greater build-up of dirt on the track, and allow for deeper digging-down of the dirt surface.

- Dirt cushion modeling has been greatly improved.
- - This is a pretty big change to how dirt ovals behave as the tracks are worn in. With this update, the cornering force from the cushion and increased banking that naturally develops should be noticeably greater, and the outside should be faster as a result.

Controls
- Support for mapping actions to buttons that are permanently held down (for example a position switch that simulates pressing and holding a button), has been added.

Opponent Cars
- All opponent-controlled vehicles will now have their actual gear and RPMs displayed in their cockpits.

Crowds

- - - HIGH = Additional 3D characters are added around the track

Dallara DW12
- - The Dallara DW12 is now considered part of the iRacing default content.

Dirt Late Model
- (ALL) - Adjusted weight and inertia properties. Setups can now be more easily shared across all versions of the dirt late model.

Pocono Raceway
- Ownership of this track will be automatically granted to users who already owned the previous version, Pocono Raceway - 2011.

Pocono Raceway - 2011
- Ownership of this track will be automatically granted to all iRacing users, and it is now considered part of the default iRacing content.

I am in love. Usually, I'm a Ferrari guy, but that Porsche 911 RSR is sweet! I actually popped into here after seeing the video of the Subaru Impreza/WRX Rallycross Supercar earlier this morning. So quite a lot coming to iRacing June 5.

Well I am not that surprised. I quit the game a few years back and only sign up for the odd 1 or 3 months per year. The standard of racing is sometimes just terrible. Since I am a casual gamer this hurts when I get to only race one per week and some guy takes me out in T1 or later in th race. Feels like a whole week wasted. Now I just race against AI in AC. Save money. Have fun. More casual.

Add in the fact that my currency has fallen greatly against USD and they stopped having the sales makes it difficult.

Now there's a face I haven't seen around in sometime Willy :) I still do official races at iRacing, going on 8 years at the Service. I joined a couple leagues at iRacing and we race a couple times each week, so much fun in the league races, no BS to put up with. Hope to see you there again Willy.

iRacing | Ferrari 488 GT3 @ Brands Hatch

iRacing | Mercedes-AMG GT3 @ Mount Panorama Circuit Bathurst

Last edited:
When will there be an offline mode you can still use even when your subscription has ended? And keep using all the cars and tracks you purchased.

Offline with AI is going to be released some time this year. I was wondering if this is going to be a one-time-buy, such as other games, or on a subcription base as well.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/iracing-to-introduce-single-player-ai-in-2018.145952/

I know they are coming out with AI but I didn’t see anything talking about it being offline. It says in that old article in will be included in your membership so that would lead me to believe you still have to have your membership active in order to use it.

I haven’t looked much into how they are doing the whole ai thing since I won’t be using it anyway.

I hate and love the feeling of wanting to do like 6 series in a week but it's impossible to be competitive in all of those series without a lot of natural talent (that I don't have).

For the first time since I joined (prob like 7 years ago) my subscription has lapsed :(
I've kept it up this whole time even though I haven't done any competitive racing in about 4 years since starting a family. I had kept it going just in case I wanted to jump on and do some laps in a practice session or something.
Funds and time are a bit low at the moment....Thanks to Red Dead Redemption 2 (No complaints though, stunning and awesome game).

Seeing the news of Tsukuba coming though, I have to do some creative accounting to get my account up and running again :)

unknown-3.png

Well, it was a long time coming but...

WE WON THE 6 HOURS OF MONZA!!! (sunday timeslot)

6 prototypes started... only 2 finished.

I really enjoy iRacing. It truly is the best sim in the world. That being said I am getting tired of them adding useless content and not working on what they have. Watkins Glen has not been updated since 2008....

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3623430.page

Build Update from Tony Gardner. TLDR: Maybe time of day releases with the new build, but AI, NTMv7, New Damage Model, and New Sound Model will NOT be coming in the December update.

Good day,

We previously have discussed several significant projects that are in development as many people want to know for various reasons. As we draw near to the quarterly build the week of December 3rd, here is an update.

Time of Day, AI mode, the new Damage Model, V7 Tires, new Sound Engine and many other things for that matter, are all in alpha testing which means they are in advanced stages of development. However, they are still in active development which means it is decision time.

Time of Day/Moving Clouds/etc. We are still confident this makes the December build, just a couple little things still to do on both the web and sim side. The team has been working weekends to pull it into the build, it was a big project. A few more things we also still will do after it releases FYI. It is looking awesome, we think you will agree when you see it. It will come with a date and time picker in hosted. You will be able to speed up the day/night by up to 8X if you want. It will be great having this feature for the endurance races coming early next year and just overall adds significantly to the immersion, dynamics of the racing and realism. I’ll ask the guys to put out a video next week. HDR will be a follow-up and not part of this build. HDR is actually done but we ran out of time to test it in combination with Time of Day.

The new XAudio 2 sound engine is fully integrated into the sim in alpha, but we have not finished optimizing it and debugging it. We also want to take advantage of the improved capabilities now that we have it. Right now it is just playing the existing sounds which will not be a noticeable improvement to most, in fact, some cars will not sound as good since they were tweaked for a different system. Our engineers and sound engineer will now have the opportunity to improve and better remix many more sounds. There is frankly no reason to release it other than to say we did. Therefore, we will not put this in the December build, unfortunately. Once we get everything working as we want along with adding all the new sounds the sounds guys have been dying to implement, we think you all will be quite happy.

V7 tires are in alpha and the feedback is very promising. We have been working hard on this project, not that us working hard on them makes you feel any better, you want them released. I’m just noting we are doing all we can to speed progress along. However, there are still a couple of things we want to do. Rather than put out another version now, possibly requiring everyone to adjust their car setups and then another version in March, we are going to hold off releasing in this build. We also only have them on a few cars at this point and need to get them on a broader range of cars.

The new Damage Model, we have known this would not make this build for a long time, but we are making significant progress. This probably still has the longest way to go of the things mentioned here.

AI, this is not to the point we want to release in this build. We considered putting it out in a beta version but opted against that. It already is very fun by all accounts but there is still a few distracting issues that need to be cleaned up. It also just gives us more time to keep making it better overall.

We fully understand the desire to release all of these things and want nothing more to do just that. We could release just about all of them now and pronounce them beta versions, but we feel nothing is to be gained by that in all of these circumstances. After all the effort and how excited we are about these features, we would prefer to come out of the gate with our best foot forward.

We are making tremendous progress and you will get to experience some of it the build. Time of Day, two new free tracks (Tskuba and Roval), Formula 3 car, maybe another surprise car you might hear about soon , and some new things we have not discussed yet like a new crowd system at every track. We are also on pace to get the Chili bowl (our first enclosed track) released before the actual race in January but it will not be in the actual early December build. We are not trying to hype anything or make excuses, just trying to communicate. There is also much more in the works than I have touched on above and some exciting announcements are coming as well.

Happy Holidays and good racing!

I really enjoy iRacing. It truly is the best sim in the world. That being said I am getting tired of them adding useless content and not working on what they have. Watkins Glen has not been updated since 2008....

Lime Rock still has the old chicane. The Skip Barber shifts/drives differently compared to real life. The Radical is available in LHD, Centered drive, and RHD, yet we only get RHD (somewhat alleviated by moving the POV over to the middle - sacrilege I know). I fully agree that it is annoying to pay all this money and not get some realistic/accurate updates every once in a while. I've only been playing a year, but seeing certain details be of tracks and cars be years behind is upsetting.

Lime Rock still has the old chicane. The Skip Barber shifts/drives differently compared to real life. The Radical is available in LHD, Centered drive, and RHD, yet we only get RHD (somewhat alleviated by moving the POV over to the middle - sacrilege I know). I fully agree that it is annoying to pay all this money and not get some realistic/accurate updates every once in a while. I've only been playing a year, but seeing certain details be of tracks and cars be years behind is upsetting.

100% agree man. The oval racing is top notch but most of the tracks haven`t been updated in years. Texas for example has a wall sign that says "IRL tickets for sale". It hasn`t been the IRL for years. Im surprised they released the updated DW12.

100% agree man. The oval racing is top notch but most of the tracks haven`t been updated in years. Texas for example has a wall sign that says "IRL tickets for sale". It hasn`t been the IRL for years. Im surprised they released the updated DW12.

I still don't understand why they have 2 versions of Daytona - 2007 and whatever year they released the current version. Like why not just keep 1 version? I know it has something to do with repaving, but I doubt the layout changed drastically as well. The kerbing for many tracks have changed over the years. Kerbs don't drastically change the racing, but when I think about Laguna Seca and how they updated the [track sponsor] name and name banner to reflect that, yet didn't update the kerbs, I do scratch my head.

NHMS is the closest track to me out of any of my local tracks, so I know the road course layout really well having done trackdays there 4 times now. Kerbs are slightly off, which doesn't help with some reference points.
The Nurburgring seems to have yearly updates/changes in real life, although not too many drastically change the layout. So those kind of things can be a lower priority.
I just wish when there are significant changes to tracks (and cars), we would see updates to reflect that. Still no word on if the Global MX-5 will have an update to reflect the higher power from the 2019 cars for example. Also, why would they only model the Thompson (CT) speedway oval, but not the road course as well?

/rant

I still don't understand why they have 2 versions of Daytona - 2007 and whatever year they released the current version. Like why not just keep 1 version? I know it has something to do with repaving, but I doubt the layout changed drastically as well. The kerbing for many tracks have changed over the years. Kerbs don't drastically change the racing, but when I think about Laguna Seca and how they updated the [track sponsor] name and name banner to reflect that, yet didn't update the kerbs, I do scratch my head.

NHMS is the closest track to me out of any of my local tracks, so I know the road course layout really well having done trackdays there 4 times now. Kerbs are slightly off, which doesn't help with some reference points.
The Nurburgring seems to have yearly updates/changes in real life, although not too many drastically change the layout. So those kind of things can be a lower priority.
I just wish when there are significant changes to tracks (and cars), we would see updates to reflect that. Still no word on if the Global MX-5 will have an update to reflect the higher power from the 2019 cars for example. Also, why would they only model the Thompson (CT) speedway oval, but not the road course as well?

/rant

Trust me, I am with you. This is why I enjoy Pcars2 so much.

Formula Renault 3.5 coming to iRacing in the December build. Genuinely excited to have this car since it removes the gap from Formula Renault 2.0/Pro Mazada to Formula 1. Very close to 2018 Formula 2 car in lap times.

Back