iracing.com

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by red7, Dec 15, 2006.

1. swiftwilly

swiftwilly Premium

Another big event, another big crash issue. Good luck to those still in it, for those out due to crashes, feel sorry for you :(

2. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

I think I'd rather have that than be racing in top split. The racing standards were an absolute joke. Every leader in GT3 was taken out by an impatient GTE car that ran into the back of the GT3 car on corner exit.

3. swiftwilly

swiftwilly Premium

Well I am not that surprised. I quit the game a few years back and only sign up for the odd 1 or 3 months per year. The standard of racing is sometimes just terrible. Since I am a casual gamer this hurts when I get to only race one per week and some guy takes me out in T1 or later in th race. Feels like a whole week wasted. Now I just race against AI in AC. Save money. Have fun. More casual.

Add in the fact that my currency has fallen greatly against USD and they stopped having the sales makes it difficult.

4. Mike458

Mike458

There's your problem. (ALL of the GTE drivers in my split [which was 7] were morons)

Also when is iRacing going to fix their broken tire and damage repair models and their servers?

We at Lone Wolf Motorsports were going to finish second, however an incident with a lapped car turning into us cost us 11 minutes of required repairs which in turn, cost us our second place. We managed to finish 7th in class though.

5. swiftwilly

swiftwilly Premium

Yikes. Sorry to hear that!

6. Roush_fan_99

Roush_fan_99

Anybody running in the majors race this weekend? Good luck, just survive.

7. DexteR99

DexteR99

for me season 1 2018 is time trial :) with porsche 911 cup, ruf gt3, grandprix with mclaren mp-30, blancpain sprint series

8. Roush_fan_99

Roush_fan_99

The Release notes for the new build Tuesday have been released. Aside from the three new cars and four new tracks/track updates. There is some really interesting stuff being changed. http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3596447.page

Here are some of the "under the radar" but still interesting bits imo;

9. Mike458

Mike458

I cannot wait...

10. Ak1504

Ak1504

11. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I am in love. Usually, I'm a Ferrari guy, but that Porsche 911 RSR is sweet! I actually popped into here after seeing the video of the Subaru Impreza/WRX Rallycross Supercar earlier this morning. So quite a lot coming to iRacing June 5.

12. Ak1504

Ak1504

13. left888

left888 Premium

Now there's a face I haven't seen around in sometime Willy :) I still do official races at iRacing, going on 8 years at the Service. I joined a couple leagues at iRacing and we race a couple times each week, so much fun in the league races, no BS to put up with. Hope to see you there again Willy.

14. Ak1504

Ak1504

iRacing | Ferrari 488 GT3 @ Brands Hatch

iRacing | Mercedes-AMG GT3 @ Mount Panorama Circuit Bathurst

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  15. kikie

kikie Premium

When will there be an offline mode you can still use even when your subscription has ended? And keep using all the cars and tracks you purchased.

16. MadRR

MadRR

I wouldn’t think they would ever do anything like that.

17. kikie

kikie Premium

18. MadRR

MadRR

I know they are coming out with AI but I didn’t see anything talking about it being offline. It says in that old article in will be included in your membership so that would lead me to believe you still have to have your membership active in order to use it.

I haven’t looked much into how they are doing the whole ai thing since I won’t be using it anyway.

19. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

I hate and love the feeling of wanting to do like 6 series in a week but it's impossible to be competitive in all of those series without a lot of natural talent (that I don't have).

20. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

Roush_fan_99, MadRR and noshog like this.
  21. noshog

noshog

For the first time since I joined (prob like 7 years ago) my subscription has lapsed :(
    I've kept it up this whole time even though I haven't done any competitive racing in about 4 years since starting a family. I had kept it going just in case I wanted to jump on and do some laps in a practice session or something.
    Funds and time are a bit low at the moment....Thanks to Red Dead Redemption 2 (No complaints though, stunning and awesome game).

Seeing the news of Tsukuba coming though, I have to do some creative accounting to get my account up and running again :)

22. Mike458

Mike458

unknown-3.png

Well, it was a long time coming but...

WE WON THE 6 HOURS OF MONZA!!! (sunday timeslot)

6 prototypes started... only 2 finished.

iMikeTheKing and noshog like this.
  23. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

Coming in the December build the Formula 3..... :(

noshog likes this.
  24. Chad151515

Chad151515

I really enjoy iRacing. It truly is the best sim in the world. That being said I am getting tired of them adding useless content and not working on what they have. Watkins Glen has not been updated since 2008....

iMikeTheKing likes this.
  25. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3623430.page

Build Update from Tony Gardner. TLDR: Maybe time of day releases with the new build, but AI, NTMv7, New Damage Model, and New Sound Model will NOT be coming in the December update.

MadRR and noshog like this.
  26. Whodoyouthink

Whodoyouthink

Lime Rock still has the old chicane. The Skip Barber shifts/drives differently compared to real life. The Radical is available in LHD, Centered drive, and RHD, yet we only get RHD (somewhat alleviated by moving the POV over to the middle - sacrilege I know). I fully agree that it is annoying to pay all this money and not get some realistic/accurate updates every once in a while. I've only been playing a year, but seeing certain details be of tracks and cars be years behind is upsetting.

Chad151515 and iMikeTheKing like this.
  27. Chad151515

Chad151515

100% agree man. The oval racing is top notch but most of the tracks haven`t been updated in years. Texas for example has a wall sign that says "IRL tickets for sale". It hasn`t been the IRL for years. Im surprised they released the updated DW12.

28. Whodoyouthink

Whodoyouthink

I still don't understand why they have 2 versions of Daytona - 2007 and whatever year they released the current version. Like why not just keep 1 version? I know it has something to do with repaving, but I doubt the layout changed drastically as well. The kerbing for many tracks have changed over the years. Kerbs don't drastically change the racing, but when I think about Laguna Seca and how they updated the [track sponsor] name and name banner to reflect that, yet didn't update the kerbs, I do scratch my head.

NHMS is the closest track to me out of any of my local tracks, so I know the road course layout really well having done trackdays there 4 times now. Kerbs are slightly off, which doesn't help with some reference points.
    The Nurburgring seems to have yearly updates/changes in real life, although not too many drastically change the layout. So those kind of things can be a lower priority.
    I just wish when there are significant changes to tracks (and cars), we would see updates to reflect that. Still no word on if the Global MX-5 will have an update to reflect the higher power from the 2019 cars for example. Also, why would they only model the Thompson (CT) speedway oval, but not the road course as well?

/rant

Chad151515 likes this.
  29. Chad151515

Chad151515

Trust me, I am with you. This is why I enjoy Pcars2 so much.

30. iMikeTheKing

iMikeTheKing

Formula Renault 3.5 coming to iRacing in the December build. Genuinely excited to have this car since it removes the gap from Formula Renault 2.0/Pro Mazada to Formula 1. Very close to 2018 Formula 2 car in lap times.

Whodoyouthink and noshog like this.