iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
2022 Season 1 Release Notes [2021.12.06.03]

iRacing 2022 Season 1 has the green flag! This major season release adds a pair of new touring cars, the Honda Civic Type R and the Hyundai Elantra N TC, as well as the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance racing machine. The iRacing horizon has expanded to include Scotland’s Knockhill Racing Circuit, Watkins Glen International has been fully re-built with brand new 2021 scan data, and the Porsche Experience Center at the Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg is open for business with four new track configurations! iRacing also adds the ability to require the use of multiple tire compounds during a race, a new tire scuffing visual effect, and a “Ready to Race!” button to help everyone get back to the action even faster. Our AI Drivers have been busy training up on three new vehicles and NINETEEN new track configurations, and they’re ready to give you a run for the gold. Welcome to iRacing 2022 Season 1!

Season highlights include:

Honda Civic Type R

Hyundai Elantra N TC

Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance

Knockhill Racing Circuit

Watkins Glen International (Fully re-scanned and re-built for 2021)

Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg - 4 New Track Configurations for the Porsche Experience Center

Ability to Require the use of Multiple Tire Compounds

Tire Scuffing Visual Effect

New “Ready to Race!” Button in the Simulator

New Damage Model has been enabled on the Dirt Street Stock, Honda Civic Type R

Hyundai Elantra N TC, and the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance

AI Racing for THREE New Cars (Dallara IR18, Honda Civic Type R, Hyundai Elantra N TC)

AI Racing at NINETEEN New Track Configurations (Charlotte Motor Speedway - All 6 Non-Rallycross Road Configs, Homestead Miami Speedway - Indy Oval, Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Oval and IndyCar Oval, Knockhill Racing Circuit - All 4 Road Configs, Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway - Oval, Watkins Glen International - All 4 Configs, World Wide Technology Raceway - Oval)

The W12 is fun to drive, but you definitely can’t just jump in to it and take it for a spin. The amount of grip it has is insane.

Also I’ve been hearing that week 13 can be a divisive week but I’ve been loving it.

Hey all! I've set up a relaxed GT3/F3 sprint race league on iRacing. Relaxed so it's good for disabled people like myself but open to everyone who just wants a chilled out time. First race next Wednesday at 8pm UK Time. If you're interested search for Parability Sim Racing in iRacing or PM me for Facebook/Discord links.

2022 Season 2 Pre-Release Notes sind da:

iRacing 2022 Season 2 is here! Get ready to expand your garage - this Release features a whopping SIX brand new cars (Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Hyundai Veloster, iRacing Formula iR-04, NASCAR Buick LeSabre - 1987, Stock Car Pro Series Toyota Corolla, and the Stock Car Pro Series Chevrolet Cruze), two brand new tracks (Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55, and Winton Motor Raceway), and 10 new pieces of content for AI Racing. The New Damage Model is coming pre-enabled on all new content except for the Stock Car Pro Series Cars. The NetCode system has received a little TLC, and the Multiple Tire Compound system has been fully developed. We’ve applied some new aerodynamic and tire knowledge to the GT3 Class Cars. Also, the NASCAR Camping World Trucks have been updated to their 2022 NASCAR Season specs, including a top-to-bottom full art upgrade for the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. There should be something for everyone, welcome to iRacing 2022 Season 2!

Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Hyundai Veloster
iRacing Formula iR-04
NASCAR Buick LeSabre - 1987
Stock Car Pro Series Toyota Corolla
Stock Car Pro Series Chevrolet Cruze
Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55
Winton Motor Raceway
Netcode improvements
New and Updated Multiple Tire Compound Rules
New and Updated Spotter Calls for Fuel Usage, Tire Compound Rules, and pit box calls
GT3 Class Aerodynamic and Tires Updates
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series 2022 Season Updates
New Damage Model is already enabled on Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Hyundai Veloster, iRacing Formula iR-04, and NASCAR Buick LeSabre - 1987.
AI Racing for three New Cars (Aston Martin Vantage GT4, Hyundai Veloster, and the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance).
AI Racing at seven New Track Configurations (Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix, Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Silverstone Circuit - Grand Prix, Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix, Winton Motor Raceway [both configs]).

Last edited:
Season 2 Features:

2022 Season 2 Release Notes

Brazilian stock cars

Screenshot_51.jpg

😎

Just seen in a stream on Dan Suzuki's channel. Tony drives a Toyota he said i think. Great to see that he is involved for driver feedback in iR with his huge experience at so many different cars/series :)

But yea very hard to drive cars according to him and Felipe Massa. Was just looking up the series and found some interviews from Tony and Felipe from couple month ago where they mention that ^^

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of doing the 12 hours of Sebring over the weekend, one of the funnest experiences I’ve had in a racing game.

We had some offs, and one person had technical issues at one point. But despite all of that we managed to go from P18-P8. Time really flies when you’re putting those laps in.

2022 Season 3 Release Notes

Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020
Mercedes-AMG GT4
Radical SR10

Sandown International Motor Raceway
Fuji International Speedway
Port Royal Speedway

iRacing UI Enhancements:

• - Quick Join (Race Now & Test Drive)
  • - Guided Tours
  • - Profile Widget
  • - Streamlined Test Drive
  • - Custom Car Classes

Start Zones
Qualifying Tire Warming Fix
NASCAR NextGen Vehicle Parameter Updates
Tire Graining and Cording Visual Effects
GT3 IMSA Art Updates
Per-Vehicle UI Positioning

New Damage Model for 5 Cars (All 3 NASCAR NextGen Class Cars, Mercedes-AMG GT4, and Radical SR10)
AI Racing for 8 Cars (ARCA Menards Chevrolet Impala, Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT4, NASCAR SK Modified, NASCAR Whelen Tour Modified, and both Stock Car Pro Series Class Cars)
AI Racing at 4 Track Configurations (Fuji International Speedway (both configs),Sandown International Motor Raceway, and Stafford Motor Speedway - Full Course)
Over 600 new custom built setups

Looking forward to this

I've liked nothing at all about it from what I've seen from people comparing it to the SR8 on Youtube. Understeers all over the place and we've lost that great V8 growl of the SR8.

Radical series was dead until iRacing included the SR8 in the subscription. So now they make the genius decision to replace it with a paid car. I think one of my favourite series is about to die again.

I've liked nothing at all about it from what I've seen from people comparing it to the SR8 on Youtube. Understeers all over the place and we've lost that great V8 growl of the SR8.

Radical series was dead until iRacing included the SR8 in the subscription. So now they make the genius decision to replace it with a paid car. I think one of my favourite series is about to die again.
I don’t disagree with any of that, it’s definitely a downgrade over the previous. It’s still fun to driver, just a little more finicky. Hopefully the older Radical will return in the form of some kind of rookie series in the future.

Last edited:
So after testing the IndyCar during a test drive period, I decided I wanted to start working my way up to it. After testing out some of the Junior open wheel categories, I settled on the Indy Pro 2000 series. The series doesn’t have huge participation but on most week nights it has 1 to 2 races go official. Usually around 8pm and 10pm est. I’m in my 4th week of the season, and I absolutely love this car. Has the right balance between aero and mechanical grip, and has a nice manageable amount of power. Since I started iRacing a year and a half ago, this is by far my favorite car to drive after C class trucks.

Last edited:
Back