iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments

2023 Season 1 Features

2023 Season 1 Release Notes

Last edited:
The GTP BMW looks great, just watched the video... Unfortunately I don't have the time to justify subbing to iRacing and buying the M Hybrid V8 but I envy you guys for it for sure :)

I love the GR86, this will replace the MX5 for me. A good amount of the tracks for season 1 aren’t the paid ones either.

341ED1FE-B9DA-4AFB-B2B5-91F1112B7BA6.png

Last edited:
Does weaving on the formation lap actually do anything? All it really does is tell me who to watch out for in the race, because usually those sweats are the ones who crash first.

Last edited:
Does weaving on the formation lap actually do anything? All it really does is tell me who to watch out for in the race, because usually those sweats are the ones to crash first.
Yes, but the gains are minimal, and you’re usually stuck in traffic on the opening lap so you can’t really utilize the extra tire temp to gain much anyway.

I warm up tires mainly to help keep the car on the track for the first couple of laps. The lmp2 & lmdh are horrible on cold tires. It doesn’t make a huge difference but it does help

I never used to weave around to warm the tyres, but instead would ride the brakes as much as possible so they were warmed up... kinda hoped that the brake heat would transfer to the tyres a little bit making everything good to go once the green flag dropped.
It's been a while since I've done any official racing but seem to remember my little system working OK.

Looks like we’re getting another LMDH

For those who may not be able to see it: an iRacing employee was spotted in the MSR tent at Sebring taking pictures of the Acura LMDH. In the thread the employee left a cheeky comment that pretty much confirms it.

Doing some digging, the turnaround time for a car seems to be 2-3 months. So we could see this as soon as season 3 2023.

It looks like on top of Jerez we’re getting a Formula Ford, which is likely to replace the Skippy or Formula Vee.

And it’s not confirmed yet, but there’s some evidence to support that we’re getting a Clio Cup, but might not be next season.

Last edited:
Looks like there’s a good chance we get all 4 LMDHs. First up, the Caddy:

Renger van der Zande, Cadillac driver offered to answer any questions on a sim day, which lead to the interaction below:

524BA0F0-62B8-4114-AC45-31F6A736E49F.png

Source:

For the Porsche: Antonio Felix Da Costa posted this earlier today:

While there isn’t much beyond that, Porsche does have a pretty good relationship with iRacing, so there’s a pretty good chance that it comes to iRacing based on that relationship alone. But that post only adds fuel to it.

On another note, the Jota livery that was launched today does look pretty good:
F9EF0CE9-02AB-4C05-A665-AAD6B017D071.jpeg

iRacing Season 02 2023

2023 Season 2 Release Notes

LMP3s coming next season:

If you’ve ever done an imsa race like me, you’re probably not excited by this. LMP3s cause enough chaos in real life

Last edited:
Back