Is anyone still playing Dirt 3

I started playing Dirt 3 again and I'm hooked again it's awesome on wheel if somebody wants a race or something add me on PSN :D

I want to buy DIRT 3 for my PS3 but how many people are playing? like in one room how many is there in it? Is there a lot of people like in GT5 or MORE?

There is only eight players allowed in one lobby, I have recently bought the game for xbox and the only issue is that the online is pretty dead (you might find a lobby on the odd occasion) I don't know if it's the same for ps3 though.

I still think DiRT 2 was a better game too.

I stopped playing DIRT 3 months ago, mostly because my computer is old and overheats easily. I started playing COLIN McRAE RALLY 2.0 the other day - which I haven't played for several years - and had an absolute blast with it. It still blows my mind that a game on the original Playstation could have ninety-three stages (and only some repetition, mostly doing stages in reverse) whereas DIRT 3 shipped with less than half that, and almost every stage features repetition of at least one other stage. Some of the individual stages in McRAE 2.0 (most notably the fifth, ninth and tenth stages of the Rally UK; stages three, seven and ten in France; stages five, seven and ten in Italy; stages five and eight in Greece; and stage ten in Sweden) are better than every single stage in DIRT 3.

With respect, I really don't think a comparison between older-gen games and 'current' can be made without considering the different amount of graphical content contained. Newer games take up so much computational power to show off the tracks and environment.

The devs of newer games are also operating in a completely different era of business practice; one that affords less freedom to experiment with and they have more financial constraints. This is why stages tend to be shorter as well as being extensions of other stage sections I think. It's a technique they used in D2 too and that seemed to work just fine. WRC3 has longer stages but graphically the demands put on the system are far less.

I'm not defending all of CM's choices though, even if I do like all three DiRT games a lot. Some choices CM made I am not happy with, but accept in the long run. Some would say that by accepting, we are giving the devs a license to do what they want. Considering the amount of feedback and complaints I've seen on the CM forums since D2 plus the fact that nothing changed, I'm resting my case: they do what they can with what they have.

D3 online I think died because of the usual track cutters and rammers getting away with what they do, plus the 'any vehicle, any track thing'. Hardcore was a good mode but died first because those rammers and cutters couldn't do that in hardcore, except in the rallycross sections. I never worked out why that mode was included in hardcore, not without collisions disabled.

So, apparently, Dirt 3 was published by THQ. And since THQ no longer exists, finding Dirt 3 is HARD. And finding Dirt 3 Complete Edition is even worse. Most places are sold out of it, and people are already selling it on ebay for a bunch. So...if you can get your hands on a copy, keep it. The only way for there to be more copies is if Codemasters decides to release more. Which, with Grid 2 coming up, I doubt they will.

Finally bought this the other day, got the Complete Edition too.

It's an epic game, the range of cars is quality, I mean a 500bhp original Mini!! Hell yes!! Also the graphics are still amazing 2 years on and the physics are really good too.

My only niggle is with the tracks, they all seem pretty forgettable, apart from the Monte Carlo stages. I loved the tracks on Dirt 2, especially the rally cross track at Las Vegas.
Also I'm weirdly missing the truck, and the menu system and stuff, this one feels much more cold less welcoming.

So the perfect game would be Dirt 3s car selection and graphics with Dirt 2 tracks and menu system.

Heh, I've had Dirt 3 for almost a year, and play it now solely with the Goal of obtaining Driver Rep 30 and Online Level 50, otherwise I wouldn't play it anymore.

Currently Rep 30 & Level 43, another 500,000 fans to go... :indiff:

It literally got to the point after I had finished Dirt Tour, that even the Online Pro Tour got dull after 50 odd races, so I ventured into the Jam Sessions and ended up doing over 1000 races so far with about 500 wins, and even that has started to become dull, especially the people who do not understand how to drive in Trailblazer. Good God that's annoying. And 'campers', in Outbreak don't help either.

I just bought D3 a few weeks ago, and i am a little disapointed. Sure the career is fun, but those stages, it feels like i am driving the same 3 tracks just backwards, and they are way short.
Also why with the other controllerseups where X is the throttle, the X is not pressure sensitive :S

Yeah, the stage selection is really lacking - I bought DiRT 3 out of reminiscence for my old copy of Colin McRae Rally 3, but while CMR3 had something like 8 different environments with 6 different stages each, DiRT 3 only has 4 environments and 4 stages for each, and I'm fairly certain 2 of those stages are just reverse versions of the other 2.
Still, fun game - I like the selection of game modes, even though they all get old incredibly fast (especially when you get to the 5-lap Rallycross races at Monaco).

I'm still playing DiRT 3, the Complete Edition no less. My favorite things to do are Trailblazer, Rally (with Group B), and messing around at the Battersea Compound coming up with gymkhana routes. Sometimes I spend hours just taking the corkscrew jump just to see the car get destroyed.

I finally got around to winning the last single player race earlier today. Ironiacally, the race was not held on dirt.

Not a big fan of the rallycross, head2head, and gymkana. I prefer Rally, Land Rush, and Trailblazer. I miss pikes peak from Dirt 1. Don't have Dirt 2.

Was just playing this the other day for the first time in forever, and the Gymkhana is still insanely hard compared to the rest of the game.

Since I got my G27 wheel fixed, I've rediscovered Dirt 3. The great thing is there is still a large amount of people still playing it online.

I'm playing it daily now, trying to get every gold and platinum medal and gymkhana mission plus I never really completed the game on my first run.

Wondereing if people are still regualarly on Dirt 3 I am planing on getting the complete edition I need a break from GT5 and Need for speed. Something different so are people still playing ?
I was on it last night. Wasn't many people but it was late. Tbh I had so much fun on it. Hadn't played it in about 8 months so I was getting some big crashes lol

Holy thread revive, Batman!

I usually go to Dirt 3 when I get bored of other games. It's still so much fun to crash through a forest trail in a Lancia.

... If only GFWL wasn't still required for DiRT 3 on the PC. I figured out how to get GFWL working under Windows 8.1, but the list of ports to forward if you have an Apple Airport router without uPnP is just a little disturbing (port 80 inbound? really?) that I gave up.

Thankfully I reconnected with the joy that is Richard Burns Rally and am playing that instead. But I can't wait for DiRT 4 to finally turn up with Codemaster's next gen engine!

Back