Is anyone still playing Dirt 3

I plan on curating a TT event once the next DiRT title arrives unless someone else really wants to take over. Anyone interested in starting up a little activity on DiRT3 using that same format can go right ahead.

Unless you'd rather do live races? In which case I might join in on the PS3 if the time is right.

I'd be interested, though I'm skeptical about how it'll be with a wheel as so far, two codemasters games I tried with it have been rather funky.

I have complete edition codes for PAL edition unused if you would like them. Dont know if they are expired or not though.

Hi,hm not sure if it would work,but i would defenetly like to try it.

If you can send me the code in the privat chat that would be great.

ps3 vip pass code DIRT3

Hi,hm not sure if it would work,but i would defenetly like to try it.

If you can send me the code in the privat chat that would be great.

ps3 vip pass code DIRT3
Im at work at the moment so I will sort them out when I get home and send them to you via private message. I believe as long as you have a PAL version of the game they should work. only thing im not sure on is if they are expired or not.

I have no idea wat wersion i have ,sais esentials on the disc box ,dont know.I would like to try it thou.Thank you

Dirt 3 in my opinion is one of the most intense racing games i've ever played. The sounds are great and the handling physics aren't bad either.

Dirt 3 in my opinion is one of the most intense racing games i've ever played. The sounds are great and the handling physics aren't bad either.
Due to GFWL issues with DiRT 2/3 I spent some time figuring out how to get Richard Burns Rally installed on my Win8.1 PC recently. Even just running the basic unmodded game is astonishingly intense.

With a few tweaks for the FFB and the fixup app to get 1080p resolution set, it's perfectly playable on a modern PC with a modern wheel. In fact it's vastly more playable now that when the game was released back in 2004, due to the FFB only getting better with modern powerful wheels.

The stages are narrow, you need complete focus to judge speeds, force powerslides, miss potholes, land jumps, avoid bankings, etc... When you are thundering along through narrow gravel tracks between pixellated trees you don't really notice how dated the visuals are because of how intense it is to keep the car out of the trees. After you really get into RBR DiRT 2/3 feels wide, slightly mushy and less sophisticated in comparison, bizarre as that sounds.

I can't recommend it enough to rally fans.

Due to GFWL issues with DiRT 2/3 I spent some time figuring out how to get Richard Burns Rally installed on my Win8.1 PC recently. Even just running the basic unmodded game is astonishingly intense.

With a few tweaks for the FFB and the fixup app to get 1080p resolution set, it's perfectly playable on a modern PC with a modern wheel. In fact it's vastly more playable now that when the game was released back in 2004, due to the FFB only getting better with modern powerful wheels.

The stages are narrow, you need complete focus to judge speeds, force powerslides, miss potholes, land jumps, avoid bankings, etc... When you are thundering along through narrow gravel tracks between pixellated trees you don't really notice how dated the visuals are because of how intense it is to keep the car out of the trees. After you really get into RBR DiRT 2/3 feels wide, slightly mushy and less sophisticated in comparison, bizarre as that sounds.

I can't recommend it enough to rally fans.
I'm going to get back into RBR properly with my G27. I think I held back when I first set it up because I thought I might break my wheel. And I just sucked. I'll have to get a T300 for GT7 anyhow, so if I do actually break my wheel, oh well :lol:

Rally is my favorite form of motorsport, yet I can't handle doing it with a wheel and I cant for the life of me figure out pace notes. I will not stop until I can compute pace notes effectively and feel like I can drive 8/10ths reliably.

I do play it too. Is the best rallying game there is. Anyone who likes 60s,70s,80s,90s and Group B rallys,add me as friend. ;)

I'll bump this up the listings, anyone still online?

I picked up 3 and Showdown on the cheap in Game at the weekend, if anyone is still online or fancies helping me do the online trophies for either game, feel free to add me: Senzsation

Bought this on 360 ages ago for a few bucks. Thought it was a pile of undriveable crap for a long time.

Later found out it drives ok with just stability control on.

I still find it to be one of the twitchiest driving games out but its strangely quite fun for short bursts.

The GFX is obviously a generation old, hell I think it looks bad even for mid 360 game like its VGA or something but it has its charms.

ABSOLUTELY. This is a perfect game, but you need a wheel or it is a waste. Make sure you check the tapes and you'll be pants flyin in no time. There is no engine sounds that compare to this master.

Maybe we will see an increase in numbers playing this game this week as Dirt3 will be one of the first backwards compatible releases on the Xbox One and is one of the free games with gold until the 15th November.

I still play it. Rally racing is how I started virtual racing to begin with so I have a soft spot for it.

Wow, I'm really impressed by how well this has held up, now it's BC on the One. Just wish my save game had carried over. Can I sync it to the cloud on the 360 I wonder and grab it off here?

One thing I will say about this game... there's a great sense of accomplishment when you finish it.

Series Champion.

100 Gamer Score (!!!)

Credits. It feels good. This is something Microsoft and Sony could take a leaf from.

I have the base Dirt 3 x360 game so no dlc and I skipped some optional races but otherwise... this is a great game.

I still play it but, it is a lot better with a wheel.
Going to the extreme - it's a lot, lot, lot better with a motion simulator.

I love Dirt 3. With the set up I have it feels so much like having the ultimate arcade rally machine at home. It's the go to game when I have non-sim racing guests. Such a blast.

*Or indeed sim racing guests for that matter.

Back