is drifting faster?

Well you also have to realize that there is some amount of slippage involved in grip driving, no matter how imperceptable it is, whether it be a couple of inches, or less than an inch, it's still there (even on F1 cars, where it is fractions of an inch). Back in the early days of racing they had very narrow tires, infferior rubber and no aerodynamic downforce, so this slip-angle was much more pronounced than it is today with wide tires, high-tech rubber and treads, and aerodynamic downforce (or at least zero lift). If you don't believe me do an internet search on Tazio Nuvolari (I search for four wheel drifting and come up empty most of the time, but Nuvolari used this technique and won Formula 1 championships against supperior cars, his most notable victory was at the german GP on the Nurburgring in an outdated and thoroughly inferior car). It should be noted that in this type of drifting, the tires not drifting because of the loss of traction, it is the natural consequence of using the maximum GRIP of your tires.

Originally posted by Z E V
Well you also have to realize that there is some amount of slippage involved in grip driving, no matter how imperceptable it is, whether it be a couple of inches, or less than an inch, it's still there (even on F1 cars, where it is fractions of an inch). Back in the early days of racing they had very narrow tires, infferior rubber and no aerodynamic downforce, so this slip-angle was much more pronounced than it is today with wide tires, high-tech rubber and treads, and aerodynamic downforce (or at least zero lift). If you don't believe me do an internet search on Tazio Nuvolari (I search for four wheel drifting and come up empty most of the time, but Nuvolari used this technique and won Formula 1 championships against supperior cars, his most notable victory was at the german GP on the Nurburgring in an outdated and thoroughly inferior car). It should be noted that in this type of drifting, the tires not drifting because of the loss of traction, it is the natural consequence of using the maximum GRIP of your tires.

Yup this is what I have been trying to tell everyone.

Originally posted by Z E V
I was just trying to put it in other words with a historical and technological perspective.

Yeah i think you expalined it much better. And the Nuvolari guy is quite interesting I looked it up on the net, pretty cool stuff.

Originally posted by Night_Drifter
HEY POPELE CHECK OUT THE NEW VIDEO I DID, ITS ON THE gt3 VIDEO SECTION, CHECK IT OUT, ITS ONLY LESS THAN 3 MB, LATERS

humm... They are not in the video section yet. But they are in the Gallery. Very good stuff!

Very nice, if you hadn't had slid into the grass in the last sharp you woulda maybe pulled a better time than Akina_86 did. But I was always convinced that he did the 1:19 in a regular 86, not the SS. Either way, good job, very well done.

oh hey we havent try, Akina_86 tries a lot, i cant raelly win him, we race like all the track, i only beat him on some up hills one, but we need a good time for you guys fastest time on any track, and we'll play and try to beat your time, please posted on so we can try to beat the times you guys have, because we dont know, until we see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's easy to tell those cars are so heavily tuned it's not funny. A stock 228 STi doesn't accelerate that fast by any means. Practically no stock car does.

I think I'd like everyone to know.. the fastest driving in GT3 is having as much possible horse power and accel and flooring it and not worrying about walls and such. I can easily get a better time on any course with a Gt-One by just slamming around and accelerating like mad than with any other car.

That's how I won Italian Avant Guard. I maxed out a C12S and rode the wall the whole time because I was up against the Zonda Race cars, and I was in a lowly road version. It was still my biggest disgrace:( :( :(

anyways i would never drive any stock cars, now got it, and im talking about 600 HO down, i dont like to drive 1000 HP too slow on turns, but fast on straight, but no fun to drift and play around when your in 2nd lap out of 100 lap alright, but do whatever you want, its all good

Driving like a madman at 1000hp is so udderly boring it's not even human... Nothing compares to drifting a high speed corner when it comes to yelling out "TAKE THAT! you d*mn dirty R390!" after drifting passed it.

driving with 1000hp is not boring.... i did it with my vr4... and although i dont ususally use somuch hp... usually aobut half and less... more hp has its advantages in many cars.... esp many of hte ones what are harder to steer... just beacuse more hp can help with the steering... and more hp doent make driving less fun... most of hte time it presents a new challenge... except with f1 cars

wow i didnt even know knight drifter post my video kewl. so hey wat do u guys think about my time. i didn't use no walls. i proved my point know rite. see i told u guys.

Oh also u know it his didnt slip into the grass he still would of been too far back to pass me. it true. the trueno turning is alot faster. if u were to take a look at the sector time u can see the difference. also it been a long time since me n Knight _Drifter race so dont know how good he is now. but i can garantee u that my trueno time will not go under 1:21:'s if i tried and mostly it would be 20's. also i use those slip angles truenoae86 be talking abouts. thats how i maintain speeds. u can say some what that i master it. same thing with mr ff and 4wd drifting let me tell knight_drifter to post some more for u guys. mabe some FF drifting aight.

also if u guys want some settings just ask and ill do my best aight

laterz

I couldn't grip that fast if i tried my hardest with any car. So I'm impressed by the time you can get with an 86 SS. My fastest time drifting my ZZII in trial mountain is 1:13 i think.

Back