is drifting faster?

I always seem to race faster grip driving. My brother would drift but I'll just grip on the inside. Also drifting sometimes slows down unecessary while i just grip it through and take em.

i didn't read this whole tread so i don't know this has been said or not. Even if you can drift through a trun a little quicker then griping it your risk of loosing control is much greater since the car is already being pushed past its limits, and anytime the car is sliding its using up all the tires much faster then griping the corner. Griping will allways be better for racing :) and drifting is for fun.:D

hey u guys know the ZZ2 is considered a modified racecar it like the castrol supra n stuff. for example normal car down force doesnt go past .80 percent. a race car has 1.00 plus and 1.20 plus rear.
but its kewl.

i dont know i am mor likely to lose control trying to grip only. but if i use my drifts to guide me im more likely to finish a lap. watch the replay and pay attention to the two back tires......

I'm SORRY AGAIN NEON I just have to say this on the topic of semi-race cars and what not..ok?
There is a video at Racingflix.com of the top JDM cars
The NSX-S Zero the Skyline And the Evo VII Vs the Top outside of japan cars in their class..The Corvette Z51, the Ferrari 360 Modena, and the Porsche 911 Turbo...Go download it..it's a long download, but it's worth it..it's very very suprising.

base on person . some of them i mean real d1 . i forgot one of the driver but he was the high hp drive chaser 600 hp . for games im not sure . but for me i prefer standard low hp to drift ( slow )
because if fast u will out of control u . but if u are great drifter speed is doesnt matter . diffren person diffrent speed . :D :D :D

Originally posted by akina_86
hey u guys know the ZZ2 is considered a modified racecar it like the castrol supra n stuff. for example normal car down force doesnt go past .80 percent. a race car has 1.00 plus and 1.20 plus rear.
but its kewl.

i dont know i am mor likely to lose control trying to grip only. but if i use my drifts to guide me im more likely to finish a lap. watch the replay and pay attention to the two back tires......

Ok, the ZZII is a race car... but the RX-8 can race rally. So I think it's fair.

i dont like the RX-8 though it is fairly fast. i can tell u guys that its the biggest threat to the trueno S.S. under 600hp. after night_drift switch to an RX-8 there it was the true dog fight.

Gotta hand it out that driving 4wd car u dont learn nothing. it requires less technique to drift 4wd. hope it doesnt offend u guys. it made Night_Drift better switch off.

I keep my 4wds tuned so they act more like FRs, and I'm a better driver because of it. Before racing with my ZZII, I couldn't drive on SIMS for crap. But after actually drifting a car, I can drift my 86 on sims as though it were just a slower, white, foglighted version of my ZZII. I even use very little countersteer.

Originally posted by Shinez
I'm SORRY AGAIN NEON I just have to say this on the topic of semi-race cars and what not..ok?
There is a video at Racingflix.com of the top JDM cars
The NSX-S Zero the Skyline And the Evo VII Vs the Top outside of japan cars in their class..The Corvette Z51, the Ferrari 360 Modena, and the Porsche 911 Turbo...Go download it..it's a long download, but it's worth it..it's very very suprising.

I saw that movie from racingflix, and although it seems surprising, all I have to say is that they are all japanese drivers. I have nothing against japanese drivers, but they are used to always racing the JDM's. On the other hand, they dont really race Porsche's, Ferrari's and Corvette's. And to top it off, its a japanese movie. Look into the racing history of Mitsubishi and Nissan, and then look at the racing history of Porsche, Ferrari and Chevrolet. Think about it just a bit, and you will realise there can be a form of deception in this movie. Don't be fooled by all you see.

HAHAHA HERE I UPLOADED THE VID TO A SMALL SITE THIS WILL END THIS DEBATE FOR GOOD!!!
.Dorifto Gifto's.

Thank you for putting the video up on a site. I really really hope it will end the debate. It would be nice to understand japanese tho. Those subtitles dont seem very good. And the driver sticks one of his hands out the window while drifting the car...

I saw that movie from racingflix, and although it seems surprising, all I have to say is that they are all japanese drivers. I have nothing against japanese drivers, but they are used to always racing the JDM's. On the other hand, they dont really race Porsche's, Ferrari's and Corvette's. And to top it off, its a japanese movie. Look into the racing history of Mitsubishi and Nissan, and then look at the racing history of Porsche, Ferrari and Chevrolet. Think about it just a bit, and you will realise there can be a form of deception in this movie. Don't be fooled by all you see.
Keep in mind though, those drivers are used to driving ALOT of cars, so they do know what they're getting into..And don't forget that all of the "Super cars" used had been tested previously in the series aswell..so it wasn't as if they just got ahold of the cars..

Keep in mind though, those drivers are used to driving ALOT of cars, so they do know what they're getting into..And don't forget that all of the "Super cars" used had been tested previously in the series aswell..so it wasn't as if they just got ahold of the cars..

See i wasnt sure about those details, so I would say I havent been 100% correct in the previous post. But come on.. in the straight the EVO was keeping up with the GT-R and 911 TURBO. Its a known fact that EVO's are not top speed beasts, but it was right there, really not far behind. What I hate the most is the way the old guy in the 911 TURBO easily passes the GT-R. Then all of a sudden it becomes a tight race again. Why would japanese drivers put down their own cars anyway?? Thats publicity. I like shows like Top Gear better. I understand what the guy says, and Tiff is the man :)

but remember T13..They wern't that LONG of straights..And the EVO wasn't really keeping up THAT well..it'd just catch up come the next corner due to it's entrance speed and higher exit speed...And the old Guy didn't really Easily pass the GT-R...The Porsche had to slow down alot more for the corners and the GT-R remained in the same distance..The only time the Porsche broke away was on the Main straight away after the last turn through the starting line...Every time they got to that spot the porsche would break away again..And don't forget come the 2nd lap or third lap..The porsches tires were heating up unevenly..So he had to break even earlier...And they didn't really put DOWN their own cars..Remember they lined the cars up in order of price...And of the cheapest 3...2 were japanese and 1 was american....So I think it was pretty good that the cheaper cars...(35,000 dollar R34, and 27,000 Evo)...Kept up with 90 thousand dollar European car.. and beat a 90 thousand dollar Eurpean car...How much does a 360 Modena Cost anyway?

Since when is an NSX slower than an EVO VII around a track.
And since when is a 360 Modena slower than an NSX around a track. ( The NSX being the japanese attempt of creating a Ferrari type car... without much success )

Im telling you, dont be fooled by all you see!!!
Unfortunately there is no way of trying all of those cars yourself. But realistically speaking, don't you think there is a reason why the Supercars cost so much compared to the JDM's? Think of all the technology that is put into making a Ferrari or Porsche. Then look at the technology put in the JDM's.

Come on Shinez, I know you can see through this.. hopefully.

u know 4wd cant simulate FR no matter how hard u set it the front will always pull. but the only different is torque but 4wd still a 4wd

That's what's so nice about it ^_^ So much more fun to drive with all 4 wheels doing something other than having 2 just being dragged or pushed around. FF is like the whole zombie thing, dragging one leg, and FR's are like shopping carts. But a 4WD is a 4WD. If only they had quadrasteer too...

t13r.... i like euro cars too.... but there is a lot more to the reaon for their cost... one is that they can charge more becuase people expect to pay more.... not always because the thechnology is that different... saying a 34 has less techonology or not an equivalent amount as a porsche is not correct.... porsche can charge a bunch more for its car because of its luxurious name.... looks.... and overall quality.... i believe that the turbo is a much better car overall than a gtr or a modena... and a better deal than the modena... but if you consider cost and enjoyment and day to day driving.... y not get a more practical car... one that is easier to afford....

anyways price doesnt always reflect technology or sport capability... each car should be analyzed for its sport capability without cost in mind... and praticality with cost in mind... i guess just trying to point out htat cost doesnt always equal a good car....

example countach

when this subject comes up, i have mixed opinions. i originally thought that drift is faster because of Initial D, but realized much of it must have been exagerrated. so i thin that grip is usually faster, but in some cases i think drift can be faster....like down a mountain pass. but ya know im no expert in car physics so i could be wrong.

Drifting is faster when it's faster. When a car can get through a corner faster by drifting rather than gripping, then we can all say: "Hey that drift was much faster than gripping" my point is... just drive how you want!!! dammit! *throws a chair*

its hard to find a balance between drifting some corners, and gripping others.. but i think drifting should be left to a minimum. Slight drifting that is, not the exagerated stuff.

u can balanced it with the setting . because drift setting is diffrent like grip . also try feint drift is the great style to drift ...
but u have to balance with the speed also ....:D :D :D

Back