Is everything just faster?

• Thread starter aureliocr
  • 153 comments
Braking points were about the same for me vs last time I drove Nurb GP... which combined with similar exit traction, makes me think the primary change was to lateral grip.

Try the RSR in grp 3... it's stable on turn in/mid corner, normally aspirated, and has quite high gearing... so although it's optimum to use 1st out of the 1st corner, you could use 2nd gear without too much loss. There are couple of other corners, where 2nd is optimum, but 3rd wouldn't lose you too much time. It's a very nice car to drive.

I dis a couple of laps in the GT-R at Interlagos Circuit Challenge last night - it has a lot less rear traction than the RSR IMO.

Thank you, I might give the RSR a go. It's a shame it's not used in any of the circuit experience tests (or free test drive of potential purchases as I look at it). I've been holding off buying one as I feared the handling would be bad with it being MR.

I've been avoiding 1st (far too short) and short shifting up to 3rd in the GT-R coming out of the complex and chicane to manage wheel spin. I know its losing me time but it feels less of a loss than the time spent fish tailing.

I also can't help thinking if the newer versions of the GT-R GT3 would be any better as we're stuck with the '13 in GT Sport (which makes it one of the oldest Gr.3 cars in the game along with the Z4) and normally when new race cars are produced they're normally easier to drive than their predecessors.

Thank you, I might give the RSR a go. It's a shame it's not used in any of the circuit experience tests (or free test drive of potential purchases as I look at it). I've been holding off buying one as I feared the handling would be bad with it being MR.

I've been avoiding 1st (far too short) and short shifting up to 3rd in the GT-R coming out of the complex and chicane to manage wheel spin. I know its losing me time but it feels less of a loss than the time spent fish tailing.

I also can't help thinking if the newer versions of the GT-R GT3 would be any better as we're stuck with the '13 in GT Sport (which makes it one of the oldest Gr.3 cars in the game along with the Z4) and normally when new race cars are produced they're normally easier to drive than their predecessors.

RSR is used in Mission 6-8... Lake Magione 30 lap 'endurance'. It's by far my favorite grp3 car.

If you're struggling for credits, just rubber band a few oval races over night (check out the 'grinding for credits' thread for how to do this). I've been max credits and max exp pts for a few weeks now.

RSR is used in Mission 6-8... Lake Magione 30 lap 'endurance'. It's by far my favorite grp3 car.

If you're struggling for credits, just rubber band a few oval races over night (check out the 'grinding for credits' thread for how to do this). I've been max credits and max exp pts for a few weeks now.

Good to know (I think I'm up to the 5th tier missions), money's no issue at the moment, I've hardly bought any cars so sat on 3mil at the moment, but I'd rather not waste money on cars I don't/won't drive, but for the sake of 450,000 I might go for an RSR and give it a bash.

My opinion based on an hour testing various cars in qualifying for Nurb GP grp3 daily, then running a 10 lap race...

Cars have a lot more front end grip, but rear traction hasn't changed massively... so you can carry much more entry and mid corner speed, but getting on the gas, even with TC on 2, remains broadly similar.

I was running low 54's in quali, around 1s slower in the race - there's less grip in the race, which I assume is a function of tyre wear being on. From what I can find, lap times seem similar to those achieved in equivalent cars in iRacing/AC/PC, but are a few seconds quicker than IRL.

Also tried the NSX grp3 in the Circuit Challenge, and was over 2s quicker (1.59.6 vs 2'01.7).

Personally, I like the changes. Feels like I can lean on the front much harder than before.
I agree about the fronts. Get a much greater feeling front the fronts. They actually feel like they are in contact with the road now, I can feel their interaction with the surface. Even on FWD cars, which is a huge improvement on what came before.

Not sure I agree about the rear however. I did a few laps of quali on the GR3 Nurb race and bettered my previous time even though I haven’t played the game for a couple of weeks but the big thing I noticed was the ability to run with traction control off with little issue. I always struggled before and would lose the rear for no good reason I could work out. Now I still lose the rear if I’m daft but I fully understand the reason.

I personally think that the updates have worked wonders for me as a pad user. At the end of the day it's a game, and as such it has to be fun. Before I could hardly ever catch spin-outs, but now the rear sliding out is much more controllable. Whatever the impact on lap times and it's relevance to reality, it's a moot point. So you might be 2 seconds faster with the new physics. Great, so try and beat your time by another 2 seconds. The challenge is still there, it's whether you choose to set yourself one. It might be easier for people to get golds now, which is fine, but I have the satisfaction of doing it before things got easier. New challenges will be introduced in the future, along with campaign races like FR, MR, 4DW etc. that we had in the GT games of old. At the end of the day you can embrace changes and make the best of them, or pick fault and complain. I know what I'd rather do having laid down £60 originally - enjoy the game and the free updates.

Increase. (I say this because the likelihood of them crashing to far reduced. The ragged edge is now smooth as silk).

They broke the game IMHO. I set a 8:53 in the corvette GR3 road car at Nurb 24 over the weekend. Today, I thought the grip was WAY different so I tried it. I was (I'm guessing) 5 seconds ahead by half a lap. I crashed, spun, corrected myself (at the hairpin before the climb up the hill on the back section), and got underway before the ghost caught me. I caught the ghost again before the right hander at the bottom of the hill before the first carousel. That's INSANE.

This is why we can't have nice things. The hamfisted gripe and then the game gets altered to be an arcade game again. What's the point? Where did the skill go? Now it's just hammer the brakes and hammer the throttle. This just encourages bad driving. If it were a very, very, very slight change, then I wouldn't mind so much but this change makes it a completely different game (again my opinion).

Also, great work on the car balance (NOT). The Scirocco on Lago Maggiore is 2 seconds faster than most other cars in my garage. I qualified my Scirocco at a 2:05:5. My previous best qualifying was with the Viper at a 2:09:5 (ya, I could have done better). I raced with the Genesis and the Lexus and ran high 2:07's low 2:08's

Terrible, terrible, terrible change.

I totally agree with this post. It's a bloody joke! Again, yes 2 seconds of my time set on Dragon Trail. It just feels so much easier. I race with racing hards, and they seem to have switched to the softs' grip level.

It was a real challenge on racing hards, the car I race with is the Gr. 4 NSX, the car just seems to be on rails! The last chicane in the last sector of the track is now full throttle, it was never this and the NSX has only had a weight tweak!

I have done the full test (20 laps) with the Nissan Gr.4 at Kyoto - Kawagima (Minkihl setup, BOP, no TCS, no ABS, no Assists, Racing Hard Tires) and I confirm the following:

- the laps are approx. 2 seconds faster. I can now get to 1:40 low, where in previous weeks I was running in 1:42 low in my best laps.
- the enhanced grip is particularly evident in the initial part of the bend before the apex.
- in the fast S series after the first large curve I can now push the throttle fully for the whole S, while before I had to slightly release it for keeping the right setup.
- in the tight S after the slope now is much easier to get the right entering angle.
- is generally now more forgiving and easier to get constantly to the limit (whichever is for each of us). Before was more common that I could run into small mistakes in order to get the hot lap.

I will not argue if it was more realistic before or now, as I never drove in my life a 400hp race car (I stopped to kart racing), but to me was definitely more challenging and fun before.
This impression is based on this car only, I will further test other cars/tracks.

Because I don't care about the leaderboards, and my name on here isn't the same as my PSN (wow who knew such a thing was possible), but since you keep insisting, I just set the 9th fastest time at the current GR3 Nurburgring GP time trial in the Porsche. 1:55.414 and I'm sure if I really took some time to practice it I could break the top 3....probably not first because that 1:54.496 is nuts, but regardless, took me all of 15 minutes to get on your sacred leaderboard. I'll even save the replay for you on the incase that I get bumped out of the top 10 :) wouldn't want you to miss out on it

And btw, I started watching CART (what is now IndyCar, incase you didn't know....) and NASCAR racing when I was 4, so, yeah, 18 going on 19 years. And yeah, I've been racing online since 2008
On EU leaderboards #10 is a 1:54.6XX. I wish we had proper world ranking not just top ten and divided by region.

I ran the Porsche at Nurb GP last night. Did 2 races, first time since the update for me. The car feels much better now without TC where as before i felt the need to put TC on 1 or 2 because of the snap oversteer that it had on the BOP setup. It is now actually a joy to drive without TC and the car handles much more like it should imo, there is still some oversteer coming out corners but it is now manageable. I put in a 1:55.708 as fastest lap with a optimal of 1:55.480. The gap to the front stays about the same for me, maybe slightly bigger but havent driven much the last 2 weeks, was about 0.6-1.0 of #10 and about 1.2-1.6 from #1 on avarage. With that 1.55.708 i was about 1.0 sec of #10 and 1.8 sec of #1 who put in an insanely 1:53.9XX.

7HO
Europe was grouped tighter than ours. Ours was made up of all Japanese drivers from a 53.5 to a 54.9
I think EU has the most competitive field, Asia is close behind and Amerika is a bit slower overall. Wich makes sense when u look at the overall popularity of circuit racing in these regions.

7HO
FWIW that time wouldn't get you on my leaderboard. They are running 53's and 54's on mine and your 1st place would be 4th on mine.
Lol, what the hell ever dude. "My leaderboard" lmao. You seem to be very proudly boasting about something you're not even a part of. I never claimed to be the fastest guy in the world. You're comparing my times to the top .01% of people that play this game. That's like saying, yeah well there's still 47 people on planet earth that ran a faster lap time than you. Haha. Where are you at on these leaderboards, huh? Cause this all started when you said I didn't know what I was talking about because I "wasn't that fast"

Lol, what the hell ever dude. "My leaderboard" lmao. You seem to be very proudly boasting about something you're not even a part of. I never claimed to be the fastest guy in the world. You're comparing my times to the top .01% of people that play this game. That's like saying, yeah well there's still 47 people on planet earth that ran a faster lap time than you. Haha. Where are you at on these leaderboards, huh? Cause this all started when you said I didn't know what I was talking about because I "wasn't that fast"
Not looking to fuel your guys pissing contest but the leaderboards are regional.

Not looking to fuel your guys pissing contest but the leaderboards are regional.
I'm well aware they are regional...? He's belittling my time by saying it wouldn't rank as high on "his leaderboards" as if my time wouldn't probably still rank around 50th-60th in the world, maybe higher. I doubt he's anywhere close to being on any regional leaderboard otherwise he would have said so.

Last edited:
What
To be honest I don't like the ABS system and way cars brake in this game at all, either before the update or after. Maybe with more time I'll see if the new one is any better or worse for me, but I didn't feel that much difference today...
What brakes are you talking about? I step on the brakes and it's like almost nothing. Kidding a little here. Brakes are horrible in GT Sport. My mini van has better brakes. If real cars had brakes like this game does then half of us would be dead by now and the other half in the hospital. ☺

What

What brakes are you talking about? I step on the brakes and it's like almost nothing. Kidding a little here. Brakes are horrible in GT Sport. My mini van has better brakes. If real cars had brakes like this game does then half of us would be dead by now and the other half in the hospital. ☺

I've had little problem braking before the update.... now after the update it just feels like a sponge.....

I'm well aware they are regional...? He's belittling my time by saying it wouldn't rank as high on "his leaderboards" as if my time wouldn't probably still rank around 50th-60th in the world, maybe higher. I doubt he's anywhere close to being on any regional leaderboard otherwise he would have said so.
You're very touchy! No I wasn't belittling you, you just took it that way. I was just pointing out that the Leaderboards were different and truth be told before you posted I assumed the Leaderboards would be very similar in each region, I was actually surprised by how slow comparatively your leaderboards are just as I have been shocked by how many fast drivers are from Japan considering outside of GT I have rarely encountered people from Japan in sims and can't recall anyone fast from Japan off the top of my head.

The leaderboards are not what I expected.

What

In many cars you can't just step on the brakes in GT Sport, even with full ABS. My brakes work as expected and the reality is my braking points and lines are very similar in GTS compared to other games.

I've had little problem braking before the update.... now after the update it just feels like a sponge.....
I'm not sure how the update has changed the feel of your pedal except for perhaps moving the response area. Fisrt I'd say I don't like how GTS doesn't have pedal calibration that would make it possible for us to dial in pedal feel to our taste. But I think the update has been both good and bad to the brakes. Good in that I did not like the brake response previous to the update, it was one of my most disliked parts of the game so I'd rate this as marginally better. Bad as in I agree it is now harder to sense what your tyres are doing as in there is less communication now back from the game. But that's part of how I think the game is better after the update. If they simply added grip I'd be complaining and it would be too easy now. I think the grip levels are now more realistic than they were before the update and I appreciate that they have also changed the slip curve but I would say that I think the changes have highlighted a certain vagueness in feel or disconnection compared to some other games which while I feel might be realistic I also concede might not be as enjoyable. I'm happy in the sense that this update to me seems more about trying to be more realistic rather than being more game orientated.

7HO
You're very touchy! No I wasn't belittling you, you just took it that way. I was just pointing out that the Leaderboards were different and truth be told before you posted I assumed the Leaderboards would be very similar in each region, I was actually surprised by how slow comparatively your leaderboards are just as I have been shocked by how many fast drivers are from Japan considering outside of GT I have rarely encountered people from Japan in sims and can't recall anyone fast from Japan off the top of my head.

The leaderboards are not what I expected.

In many cars you can't just step on the brakes in GT Sport, even with full ABS. My brakes work as expected and the reality is my braking points and lines are very similar in GTS compared to other games.

I'm not sure how the update has changed the feel of your pedal except for perhaps moving the response area. Fisrt I'd say I don't like how GTS doesn't have pedal calibration that would make it possible for us to dial in pedal feel to our taste. But I think the update has been both good and bad to the brakes. Good in that I did not like the brake response previous to the update, it was one of my most disliked parts of the game so I'd rate this as marginally better. Bad as in I agree it is now harder to sense what your tyres are doing as in there is less communication now back from the game. But that's part of how I think the game is better after the update. If they simply added grip I'd be complaining and it would be too easy now. I think the grip levels are now more realistic than they were before the update and I appreciate that they have also changed the slip curve but I would say that I think the changes have highlighted a certain vagueness in feel or disconnection compared to some other games which while I feel might be realistic I also concede might not be as enjoyable. I'm happy in the sense that this update to me seems more about trying to be more realistic rather than being more game orientated.

Yes maybe they just moved it.. wanna say i play with a DS4. Before i just applied the brakes and released the brake pressure for more grip and felt good. But now you tell maybe they moved it... i feel like when i do it like before there is no feeling. When i just tab the trigger af few mm's it feels more like it used to... but how am i supposed to brake like that with only a few mm's. The travel is to short to apply it how i want....

Edit: driven the GT-R GR.4 for almost 4000km's and it just feels like ist an other car. And i know they've changed the BoP, but this doesn't *** my brakes so much...

Last edited:
7HO
You're very touchy!

You started all of this, lmao. You said I "wasn't all that fast" and probably wasn't even capable of getting within one second of the leaderboards. You then challenged me to "1v1" like some kid on Call of Duty and asked me to send you my PSN so you could "see how fast I really am." Don't take a step back now and act like you were just joking around and not implying that I was full of you know what, now that I've proven you wrong. You thought I was some idiot who didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

You started all of this, lmao. You said I "wasn't all that fast" and probably wasn't even capable of getting within one second of the leaderboards. You then challenged me to "1v1" like some kid on Call of Duty and asked me to send you my PSN so you could "see how fast I really am." Don't take a step back now and act like you were just joking around and not implying that I was full of you know what, now that I've proven you wrong. You thought I was some idiot who didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
Like I said you are very touchy and your response reminds me of an upset kid. There was no 1v1 challenge. I just didn't believe you. I sent a friend request on PSN with a cryptic message only you would understand and that was not to challenge you, it was only to confirm you are who you claimed and so I could actually see your times which I still can't see and I still don't know if you even are who you claim, for all I know you could have picked a name off the top 10 and claim to be him.

When I said I don't believe you are running fast times it is because of the comments you have made and how they mirror those of others who are not fast. I'm sure you agree that if someone says they are running a 2:10 around Bathurst in Gr3 they are not driving at the limit of the tyres so the tyres would seem like they have too much grip. If you are claiming the tyres have too much grip or they are easy to drive it makes me think you are not driving at the limit. I say this because if you compare grip in this game versus other sims and compare things like brake points and corner speed the claim this game lacks grip doesn't make much sense. What is different in regards to grip is how much grip you have at slower speeds and how quick grip is lost. This makes getting that really fast lap now so much harder. So driving fast is not easier now, it is harder because the loss of grip is less progressive and because there is less warning and the sudden loss of grip hurts lap times and being consistently perfect in every corner is now a harder thing to achieve.

So I have found driving fast is harder and driving slow is easier and that's why when you say it is easier I believe you must be driving slow. Without evidence I'm wrong I must continue to believe that. Once I have evidence I'm wrong then I can try to explore other explanations but for now it is still the best explanation for me. I'm still not joking about that, wasn't then and not now. When I posted earlier I was being reasonable while I waited for you to accept my request so I could verify you are who you claim and you are actually not slow. If you are who you claim and you are running within a second or two of my leaderboards then you are not slow and I'd try and see if we can understand why we have such a different opinion or perception of the changes because I still do not think your assessment is reasonable. On the same track and in the same car I must brake marginally earlier here than I did on iRacing or any other sim I play, my racing lines are the same, my brake markers are mostly the same as much as they can be in different sims. For me this game is much easier running a conservative lap but I am not experiencing an unrealistic amount of grip at pace and the lap times are very realistic. So it is really hard for me to understand how someone fast can think there is too much grip or that running fast laps is too easy. Compared to what? Compared to reality? How?

7HO
wall of text
Lol I got your friend request, Steve. I don't need you to verify for me that I'm fast or not fast. The lap time I posted proved you were dead ass wrong on all fronts. I also don't need to sit down and have a discussion with you as to why you think I am wrong. To me driving fast even on hard compounds is no more difficult than before because as I said I got the 9th fastest lap within 15 minutes at Nurburgring. Softs on the other hand (which is what me and my friends usually race on just for fun) are quite significantly easier now. The cars feel way too planted to me. To me there is no driving on the edge on softs anymore because there is no edge. The only edge that exists now is the actual confines of the track, the walls, the rumble strips etc. You can't push a car to its limit, only the track. I can honestly run the same lap times with 1 hand that I can with 2 on a lot of tracks, on softs. That's just stupid to me, and there's not a 2 page essay you can write that's gonna change my mind about it.

Last edited:
You did not post a lap time. You told me you ran a lap time. I have not been able to verify if you are actually fast. You are telling me now you got my friend request after I told you I sent one, you didn't accept it which again gives me no reason to believe you. At this point it is still just a case of you telling me you are fast. And it has got nothing to do with what you need. You have claimed some things that don't make sense and I am trying to understand those things. You keep telling me you ran a fast lap yet you made no effort to actually assist in verifying that. I don't know if you ran the 9th fastest time just like I have no idea if that is actually you. I could look at the leaderboard and tell you I am the guy that ran the 5th fastest time and yesterday I was 5th fastest for a while before I was knocked off, but I could also tell you I was the fastest. Would you believe me? You shouldn't without verification just like I don't believe you.

And do you even read what you write. You just said there is no limit, rubbish. Can you hold your foot flat on the throttle without lifting for the entire lap without ever touching the brake driving the shortest line possible? Of course not because there is a limit. At least when you write stuff like that it is clear that you are talking rubbish.

7HO
You did not post a lap time. You told me you ran a lap time. I have not been able to verify if you are actually fast. You are telling me now you got my friend request after I told you I sent one, you didn't accept it which again gives me no reason to believe you. At this point it is still just a case of you telling me you are fast. And it has got nothing to do with what you need. You have claimed some things that don't make sense and I am trying to understand those things. You keep telling me you ran a fast lap yet you made no effort to actually assist in verifying that. I don't know if you ran the 9th fastest time just like I have no idea if that is actually you. I could look at the leaderboard and tell you I am the guy that ran the 5th fastest time and yesterday I was 5th fastest for a while before I was knocked off, but I could also tell you I was the fastest. Would you believe me? You shouldn't without verification just like I don't believe you.

And do you even read what you write. You just said there is no limit, rubbish. Can you hold your foot flat on the throttle without lifting for the entire lap without ever touching the brake driving the shortest line possible? Of course not because there is a limit. At least when you write stuff like that it is clear that you are talking rubbish.
Are you not xxxxx? Lol. You're an idiot dude. That's the only friend request I have received with a message attached to that says "CJammer833?" ... lol you seem to be the one making **** it up, denying that this is even you and you didn't see my lap posted.... If that is not you tell me your username and I will literally send you the replay of the lap I ran, good lord.

Last edited:
Who is lying? You only just added me and the replay was posted after your last post 40 minutes ago actually at the time I wrote this. You sent me your PSN in a private message and now you are posting personal details of mine publicly that I have not shared and have not given you permission to share. You gave me your PSN privately and I have respected your privacy, don't you think that should go both ways?

Anyway did providing evidence requested need to be that hard? Now I can see you ran that lap. Now if you had done that earlier we would have moved on to trying to understand why we have a different opinion about the update. But since we have already moved on from there and have reached the point where you have made ridiculous claims anyone can see are not true there is no point in continuing. That is unless you wish to post a replay demonstrating you driving at top speed around a technical track without lifting or using the brakes to show that Racing Soft tyres have no limit as you claim.

7HO
Who is lying? You only just added me and the replay was posted after your last post 40 minutes ago actually at the time I wrote this. You sent me your PSN in a private message and now you are posting personal details of mine publicly that I have not shared and have not given you permission to share. You gave me your PSN privately and I have respected your privacy, don't you think that should go both ways?

Anyway did providing evidence requested need to be that hard? Now I can see you ran that lap. Now if you had done that earlier we would have moved on to trying to understand why we have a different opinion about the update. But since we have already moved on from there and have reached the point where you have made ridiculous claims anyone can see are not true there is no point in continuing. That is unless you wish to post a replay demonstrating you driving at top speed around a technical track without lifting or using the brakes to show that Racing Soft tyres have no limit as you claim.
Did believing that I just ran the god damn lap that hard? And no **** there are track limits, as I said. Not being able to go full throttle around a track is track limits, not tire limits. See: Daytona International Speedway.

Did believing that I just ran the god damn lap that hard? And no **** there are track limits, as I said. Not being able to go full throttle around a track is track limits, not tire limits. See: Daytona International Speedway.
If a tyre has no limit you can go as fast as you want around any corner. You are wrong, not being able to do that is because tyres have limits not because of the track. Your cars turning circle does not change at speed. If you can make it around a corner slow then as long as you have grip you can make that corner at any speed. The reason you can't is because the grip has limits and at a certain point you exceed those limits. The funniest part at this point is you don't even realise how ridiculous what you just said is.

In answer to the original question, yes everything is faster, plus easier and less of a challenge (And therefore less rewarding) since the update 1.06.

This game has been dumbed down for commercial reasons.

Now everyone needs a Megane or Scirroco in Gr.4 to win.

In answer to the original question, yes everything is faster, plus easier and less of a challenge (And therefore less rewarding) since the update 1.06.

This game has been dumbed down for commercial reasons.

Now everyone needs a Megane or Scirroco in Gr.4 to win.

Why is it less of a challenge?

The grip levels have increased... so you just have to drive faster to find the limit. At the limit, the same skills are needed to go fast.

Smh. You two, please get a room so we don't have to witness your little argument (pissing contest). And please stop hijacking the thread.
Thanks in advance.

Back