Is GT Sport a wrong choice? FM vs GT war issue

GT Sport for the best multiplayer, FM7 for nearly everything else - which is more equal than it might sound, since single-player will only sustain long-term players for so long before you kinda have to transition over to online play.

However, both games have tried to improve their weaknesses - GT Sport has added a lot to the SP component post-launch, and Turn 10 are rolling out new updates to try and improve the Forza online experience (like a penalty system early next year).

Honestly, if you have both consoles (or a PS4 and a PC), just play both. I've had a lot of enjoyable nights over the years with both franchises, which is all you can ask for from this hobby.

if you have both consoles (or a PS4 and a PC), just play both. I've had a lot of enjoyable nights over the years with both franchises, which is all you can ask for from this hobby.

I have GeForce 940MX laptop. The game will run at 30-60 FPS at 1280x720 low. I definitely prefer to experience FM7 with higher graphics and resolution so I would get at least used One S for it

GT Sport for the best multiplayer, FM7 for nearly everything else - which is more equal than it might sound, since single-player will only sustain long-term players for so long before you kinda have to transition over to online play.

However, both games have tried to improve their weaknesses - GT Sport has added a lot to the SP component post-launch, and Turn 10 are rolling out new updates to try and improve the Forza online experience (like a penalty system early next year).

Honestly, if you have both consoles (or a PS4 and a PC), just play both. I've had a lot of enjoyable nights over the years with both franchises, which is all you can ask for from this hobby.
While I do agree with everything you say, the custom race set-up can push that transition back by a considerable amount on FM7. I think my issue with Forza's offline content is that the Ai is still too slow, even on unbeatable. That's actually what made me transition, but not even fully at that because the Rivals Leaderboard section is also a something that keeps my attention away from online for a long while.

It adds a massive challenge in terms of driving and with dynamic weather also strategy.

What sucks for you is enjoyable for others

Sure, that's the case for many things. The sadomasochistic aspects of it means that some will love it. By the same token, some LOVE LOVE LOVE that rally is in the game, but we haven't seen a single rally race for the dailies and I suspect that if we did, very, very few would risk their DR and SR to partake in it.

In the context of this thread, is weather a reason to opt for FM over GTS? Not for me.

Sure, that's the case for many things. The sadomasochistic aspects of it means that some will love it. By the same token, some LOVE LOVE LOVE that rally is in the game, but we haven't seen a single rally race for the dailies and I suspect that if we did, very, very few would risk their DR and SR to partake in it.

In the context of this thread, is weather a reason to opt for FM over GTS? Not for me.
I wouldn't opt for FM over GTS for it, but it is one of the factors that made me out for PC2 over GTS.

Quite agree however that rally is pointless in GTS.

GT-S for making skins and take photos of it.
FM7 for playing arround with cars on tracks.
FH4 for playing arround with cars on open terrain.

The real sims on pc for some serious racing and league.

Like it is now and in which state the game currently is , slow AI rally I don't do and what GT Sport stands for to be good in online race with so many issue while racing .
Its going down for the moment .

GT-S for making skins and take photos of it.
FM7 for playing arround with cars on tracks.
FH4 for playing arround with cars on open terrain.

The real sims on pc for some serious racing and league.

Because no one takes GTS seriously :rolleyes:..sure

Again, it's contextual. Whenever I hear someone make an elitist comment like that, I wonder why they aren't "serious" enough to go and do it in real life.

How about that collision assist? lol

Please keep this garbage out of Gran Turismo, PD. CSA is far enough.

What's wrong with it? I see no problem other than the fact that it helps make racing in Forza more easy and fun, with no fear of taking someone out (other than those who seek to take out others). There is no garbage in what I see from this assist you speak of.

It you don't like it, than you can easily turn it off. But for me, I'll keep it on. After all, these are games we're playing here, not life...

Ask for this thread: If you want a game you that's fun, a collectathon with customizable cars, then Forza is for you. If you want competitive online racing game, then it's GTS.

Last edited:
The FIA seems to take GTS pretty serious. :boggled:

Be honest. What do you think is more likely:

- That the FIA looked at GT Sport and said "Wow, this is serious business! We need to manage a championship for this car video game because of the sheer seriousness of the seriosity!"

OR

- That PD/Sony made some sort of exclusive licencing partnership with the FIA to use their branding, and involve them in "managing" a FIA-branded championship, because they knew this would make certain consumers feel like they were THAT much closer to "real" motorsports, lend the game gravitas, and say things like "The FIA seems to take GTS pretty serious."

---

If the sheer quality of the simulation was what mattered, there are games that go way further in that regard. This isn't even a criticism of anything about GTS - the FIA championship thing was a neat idea.

Please keep this garbage out of Gran Turismo, PD. CSA is far enough.
Assists? You don't want assists in Gran Turismo? How is it any different than the multitude of other assists that make things easier for certain players? I don't see Forza's ever being as regulated as GTS's Multiplayer, and that's because it's a completely different design, so this is a welcome aid to deter griefers in multiplayer. I'd welcome it in any game that has issues with such things. Hell, even GTS isn't free from such issues.

The FIA seems to take GTS pretty serious. :boggled:

And F1 2018 (F1 Esports - official team participation), and FM7 (Le Mans Esports - full support from WEC, winners will be at Le Mans 2019).

GT’s FIA-certified championship is just one way the FIA is aiming to broaden its appeal amongst the new generation. Not the only one.

It serves as a tool for griefers, and now you have a lot of players getting used to any kind of contact with very little to no consequence and not learning the importance of clean racing.

So a bit like the ways to game the penalty system in GTS, then.

As long as there’s online racing, there will be griefers. Even iRacing, with its pricey subscription service acting as a sort of price barrier, isn’t immune to the occasional backmarker looking to ruin someone’s race.

It serves as a tool for griefers, and now you have a lot of players getting used to any kind of contact with very little to no consequence and not learning the importance of clean racing.
Well what can you do? Even with this assist grifers will still find ways around it like any other game. Heck, I was in a race one time with this big ass truck who rammed a bunch of people at turn 1 at Spa. But guess what, it barely stopped any of those people it rammed, and we quickly got back to racing. It was so freakin' brilliant.

The Race Regulation, however, is still in the works and is set for next year. It's also set to penalties any cheap tactics like griefing, cutting off track, etc. Whether it stops grifers from performing cheap tactics we'll hopefully find out next year.

But hey, it's a right direction for T10 at least, just like PD with GTS.

Last edited:
The whole idea of restricting the debate to GTS vs F7 is ludicrous. Too many other legitimate titles out there.

Now, if the debate were 'Arcade racing... GTS vs F7' that might be a better debate.

But if you are playing racing games because you are a fan of ACTUAL racing, and want to attempt to simulate the sport as close as possible to how it exists in real life, neither of these titles are worth consideration. Both are barely moderated smashfests online, with a ton of assists either out in the open or hidden under the hood to allow a ten year old with a pad the illusion that he can drift a 700hp car, or bounce virtually consequence-free off of walls, curbs and other cars. Kudos to both developers for achieving this!

But this is not racing...

As to the FIA's involvement, trust me, the FIA will happily endorse whoever pays them the most money. If Mario Kart ponied up millions, they would endorse that!

But sadly, the only games that have the cash have a player base almost utterly divorced from any deep understanding of the sport's rules. Both F7 and GTS's majority of the player base are like kids playing a soccer game, and unconcerned that the game allows them to pick the ball up in their hands and run with it! Possibly even unaware that this is illegal in the real sport...

The FIA's admission that, for endorsed finals, real stewards have to be present simply acknowledges that the game without them is utterly unrepresentative of the sport.

So, what's left of this debate? Without putting iRacing or PC2 or ACC into the conversation, we are simply trying to decide which arcade game is better. And, if that is what you want to play, a perfectly acceptable debate. But if you care about racing, the conversation needs to include other titles that actually emulate the sport...

The whole idea of restricting the debate to GTS vs F7 is ludicrous. Too many other legitimate titles out there.

This is because Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo are seen as the two "big dogs" in the "simcade" racing game genre - mass market games that also come closest to something approximating a "simulation" of real driving (or at least, simulating PART of the driving experience). Those other games you mentioned are obviously closer to a true simulation, but they are also niche products within an already-niche genre.

Both games also broadly try to deliver similar experiences for their respective platforms, so if you're looking for that kind of experience, it makes sense to ask about the choice.

Honestly just as advice for future games,don't take user scores seriously.

About the GTS vs FM7 thing,i believe GTS multiplayer is way more ambitious than FM7 BUT FM7 is not totally focused on multiplayer and it does give you more freedom with car parts and tuning,if GTS someday opens the tuning settings for daily races i think i could do a better comparison but right now this is how i would judge it:

Want single player? Forza

Want to mess with cars settings and parts?
Forza

Want challenging opponents? GTS

Want a cleaner community? GTS(gt sport is still pretty bad but forza is worse)

Want graphics? GTS(for me gt sport is way better looking but that's subjective)

Want E-sports? I believe GTSport E-sport championships are way easier for a newcomer to enter,it's as easy as sign in with a manufacturer and go race
the rest is about your abilities as a racing driver.

I believe GTS has an amazing concept for a console racing game and i appreciate so much that PD thought about doing something new with the genre instead of resting on the brand,the result may be divisive but i personally think it was worth it.

Want the real world track list you are screaming at PD to bring back? PC2
Want historic cars that don't cost 20M cr. (and tons of them)? PC2
Want to drive all cars and tracks from Day One? PC2
Want weather (not just rain)? PC2
Want time of day from realtime to accelerated? PC2
Want multiclass? PC2
Want realistic tire (variable pressure) and physics models? PC2
Want detailed tuning? PC2
Want evolving track conditions? PC2
Want AI that is faster than you? PC2

I could go on and on. If I were more familiar with iRacing or ACC, I could add more.

Please don't try to justify the exclusion of all games but GTS and F7 based on sales. The Ford F-series trucks and the Toyota Corolla are the best selling cars in the world. Are they the best cars in the world? Of course not. But they are very practical people movers and utility vehicles. But is that what you are debating? Do you want to play a game the equivalent of a Ford truck, or do you want a game the equivalent of a McLaren or a Porsche? Because neither of those cars sell a fraction of the numbers of a Ford pickup!

Please don't try to justify the exclusion of all games but GTS and F7 based on sales. The Ford F-series trucks and the Toyota Corolla are the best selling cars in the world. Are they the best cars in the world? Of course not. But they are very practical people movers and utility vehicles. But is that what you are debating? Do you want to play a game the equivalent of a Ford truck, or do you want a game the equivalent of a McLaren or a Porsche? Because neither of those cars sell a fraction of the numbers of a Ford pickup!

You seem more interested in evangelizing for PC2, than you do in actually absorbing the point I was making about GT and FM.

It's inversely analogous to the person who barges in on a comparison of NBA 2K19 and NBA Live 19 and says "HEY, why aren't you guys mentioning NBA Jam Tournament Edition?"

Not elitist by any means. 'Featurist', yes, maybe. After all, isn't that what we are discussing? A less expensive game with a FAR greater feature list that answers most of the persistent requests from GTS fans. And it has Spa... 'nuff said!

This is because Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo are seen as the two "big dogs" in the "simcade" racing game genre - mass market games that also come closest to something approximating a "simulation" of real driving (or at least, simulating PART of the driving experience). Those other games you mentioned are obviously closer to a true simulation, but they are also niche products within an already-niche genre.

Both games also broadly try to deliver similar experiences for their respective platforms, so if you're looking for that kind of experience, it makes sense to ask about the choice.

Absolutely no one did.

It helps to read previous replies...

And, I'm not evangelizing PC2. I have (as my sig says) GTS, PC2 and AC. So, for starters, decently qualified to comment. Simply trying to point out that a debate between the two best sellers on two different console platforms doesn't equate to a debate between the two 'best' racing games.

Personally, I don't hold much with any of these externally imposed 'sim' 'simcade' 'arcade' labels. They are ALL 'racing 'games, and that is about it. You can hoon and smash your way around in PC2 as easily as you can in F7 or GTS. You don't have to mess with tuning or tire pressures in PC2 if you don't want to. You can turn off penalties, damage, ratings etc., and set online rooms up for as much mayhem as F7 ever dishes out! From all accounts (I've never tried it nor ever intend to!) PC2 is far better on a pad than at launch. Plenty of fast drivers on the leaderboards using pads.

So, in the end, what's the difference? For me, at least, I feel PC2 deserves inclusion in the debate despite sales. And, while not evangelizing, it does help to point out that the majority of GTS's complaints are answered in it. Don't get me wrong, you want a laundry list of PC2's shortcomings, try the PC2 forum here that I have posted. None of them are perfect.

But, by all means... carry on! If we want a debate between the F-150 and the Corolla as to best car in the world, this appears to be the thread for it!

Last edited:
Not elitist by any means. 'Featurist', yes, maybe. After all, isn't that what we are discussing? A less expensive game with a FAR greater feature list that answers most of the persistent requests from GTS fans. And it has Spa... 'nuff said!
Care to point out which of these points are a feature of PC2?

Now, if the debate were 'Arcade racing... GTS vs F7' that might be a better debate.

with a ton of assists either out in the open or hidden under the hood to allow a ten year old with a pad the illusion that he can drift a 700hp car

But this is not racing...

Both F7 and GTS's majority of the player base are like kids playing a soccer game

we are simply trying to decide which arcade game is better
:rolleyes:

Whether you want to admit it or not, all games mentioned in this thread are simulators. That they aren't doing it as well as "Insert your favorite game here that you use to demean other games and it's whole userbase" doesn't really mean much in that regard.

Not one person mentioned sales. These are the two big dogs because they are both studios owned by the respective companies of the consoles that they're developing for. Literally no one mentioned sales. Not only that, but you seemed to miss the context and point of that post completely. They're widespread, way more so than most others on the market.

Last edited:

Pc2 is not the topic. It’s interesting to see Forza moving towards a matchmaking system like GT Sport though.
Gt/Forza are the big fish.
Pc2 is a baby minnow on console.
I got rid of it. For me it wasn’t fun.
I wondered...If this is supposedly a simulation game that’s very real why is it’s approach to ffb is adjust it.
If it’s real it’s a certain way it is not a ton of adjustments. Maybe just wheels torque and sensitivity.
Gt nailed that.
I’d try Forza, but no more sims for me.
It seems every time I try to read about a game online someone’s trying to convince me to play a different game.
I tried PC2.
I kept GT Sport and AC. If I had Xbox I know I’d have Forza.

Back