Is GT Sport a wrong choice? FM vs GT war issue

The idea that a 'big dog' has nothing to do with sales, but all to do with player base, seems to ignore that player base = sales.

I responded to this. You can split hairs all you like, whether you define it by sales or players, what's the difference?

Perhaps the idea of adjusting FFB comes from not everyone plays on the same wheel, and not everyone WANTS the exact same FFB? If a racing game wheel ONLY conveyed the sensation you got with a real car, you would lose out on all the other effects designed to replace the 'seat of your pants' feel you will never get in a static seat. The idea that game FFB should be 'real' is ludicrous. The whole idea is to convey as much information about slip, weight, traction, road surface etc. as possible. But everyone likes it a bit different.

GTS's 'one setup to rule them all' is, for starters, the primary reason why we can't adjust away the ridiculous non-linear throttle response. And why the game feels so numb compared to PC2, and even more so, AC (whose FFB is often touted as the best).

There's a lot of inertia in gaming. People tend to be mired in the same thing for years. But I was as diehard a GT5/6 fan as you could ask for. But when GTS came out with a fraction of the content, virtually nothing improved except graphic detail, and major features like weather, time and a decent offline totally missing, I decided to branch out.

I simply feel that artificially restricting a debate to two titles (both of which mired in either being too static, or too regressive) when other worthy titles exist does a disservice to the debate.

Last edited:
And, I'm not evangelizing PC2. I have (as my sig says) GTS, PC2 and AC. So, for starters, decently qualified to comment. Simply trying to point out that a debate between the two best sellers on two different console platforms doesn't equate to a debate between the two 'best' racing games
Which doesn't matter one bit, anyways. The OP wasn't asking which game is the best on the market out of everything available. He was asking if he made a wrong choice for a console, and asked about the other side of the fence with the Xbox One and Forza. PC2 is completely irrelevant because it's multi-console, so it had no part in this discussion in the first place because it doesn't matter what console he has if that was the point.

Personally, I don't hold much with any of these externally imposed 'sim' 'simcade' 'arcade' labels.
Well, sir, you're just a liar.
Now, if the debate were 'Arcade racing

Without putting iRacing or PC2 or ACC into the conversation, we are simply trying to decide which arcade game is better.

You came in specifically using the labels, and now you're saying "racing games are racing games"? :lol: Right.

So, in the end, what's the difference? For me, at least, I feel PC2 deserves inclusion in the debate despite sales. And, while not evangelizing, it does help to point out that the majority of GTS's complaints are answered in it. Don't get me wrong, you want a laundry list of PC2's shortcomings, try the PC2 forum here that I have posted. None of them are perfect.
It really doesn't at all, because if you had actually read, like you're telling others to do, you'd realize that the question originally is asking about the grass on the other side and that he only had a choice for one console.

But, by all means... carry on! If we want a debate between the F-150 and the Corolla as to best car in the world, this appears to be the thread for it!
Still on the analogy about sales, even though literally no one mentioned it?

The idea that a 'big dog' has nothing to do with sales, but all to do with player base, seems to ignore that player base = sales.

I responded to this. You can split hairs all you like, whether you define it by sales or players, what's the difference?
Still not reading it seems. Not one person mentioned userbase either.

Man, this thread is like a Facebook ricer group talking about who's 96 Honda Civic with a single jingle cam is faster....Obviously the OP's perfect game is going to be Jak X Racing and a 4-6 pack of very strong beer.

So a bit like the ways to game the penalty system in GTS, then.

Not really. With this assist, now a lapped car can hold up an the entire field because no one will be able to get him out of the way. That does not happen in Sport Mode.

And no doubt that theres always going to be griefers. I never said otherwise.

Not really. With this assist, now a lapped car can hold up an the entire field because no one will be able to get him out of the way. That does not happen in Sport Mode.

No kidding that theirs always going to be griefers. We all know that.
With the length of the races in the online section of the game, it's very unlikely that you'll run into a lapped person. Unless they just aren't moving, in which case they get ghosted.

On GTS, I'm going to assume going off this comment, that the lapped player gets ghosted?

With the length of the races in the online section of the game, it's very unlikely that you'll run into a lapped person.

I have played thousands of races in the multiplayer hoppers in FM over the years and that is simply not true from my experience.

I have played thousands of races in the multiplayer hoppers in FM over the years and that is simply not true from my experience.
That's cool. I'm also going off my experience. Crazy huh?!

Care to answer the rest of the post?

Which doesn't matter one bit, anyways. The OP wasn't asking which game is the best on the market out of everything available. He was asking if he made a wrong choice for a console, and asked about the other side of the fence with the Xbox One and Forza. PC2 is completely irrelevant because it's multi-console, so it had no part in this discussion in the first place because it doesn't matter what console he has if that was the point.

PC2 on XBox has considerable problems. That the OP only considered one choice, including buying a whole different console shows how ill-considered the question was.

the question originally is asking about the grass on the other side and that he only had a choice for one console.

But he only considered the two games. The true choice was excluded.

Still on the analogy about sales, even though literally no one mentioned it?

How did the reference to the two 'big dogs' NOT equate to sales?

Not one person mentioned userbase either.

See above

PC2 on XBox has considerable problems. That the OP only considered one choice, including buying a whole different console shows how ill-considered the question was.
I've heard that PC in general has had its share of problems. Regardless, it's still as irrelevant as ever because the game can be had on either console. He's not considering buying another console, he actually specifically stated he doesn't have money or permission to get the Xbox. Something else you seemed to have not read.

But he only considered the two games. The true choice was excluded.
Which still doesn't matter, because hes asking about the grass on the other side of the console choices, and the exclusive connected to it.

How did the reference to the two 'big dogs' NOT equate to sales?
There's a post on the last page, go back and check it out 👍

See above
No one mentioned sales, nor userbase, so seeing above doesn't really elaborate anything.

Whatever the case, for the OP, I would say that you didn't necessarily make a bad decision. They're both great exclusives and I'm sure if you had chosen the other side, the thoughts about the PS4 side would have been the same.

Ignoring that you told me to look at previous replies when you, in fact, WERE talking to me all along, let's go to the tape...

This is because Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo are seen as the two "big dogs" in the "simcade" racing game genre - mass market games that also come closest to something approximating a "simulation" of real driving (or at least, simulating PART of the driving experience). Those other games you mentioned are obviously closer to a true simulation, but they are also niche products within an already-niche genre.

Both games also broadly try to deliver similar experiences for their respective platforms, so if you're looking for that kind of experience, it makes sense to ask about the choice.

None of that has anything to do with sales or player base equaling "the best". It's pointing out that they are the platform standard bearers for a very specific, mass-market oriented "simcade" type of racing game. Other games may be "better" simulations with more features, but they also tend to be more niche products with a niche audience as a result.

GT and Forza are designed to have broad appeal. They are the "big dogs" of that category.

Forza 7 is better than GTS at everything except online racing.

Not just a little bit either. It hammers it into the ground. It is not even a remotely close fight. At. All.

I like GTS but it is a pale shadow of previous titles.

That's cool. I'm also going off my experience. Crazy huh?!

Care to answer the rest of the post?

The thing is I tend to think you are a tad full of **** when you say thats not an issue in forza motorsport of all games.

I don’t think they ghost but that’s not what I was getting at, they don’t become immovable objects.

The thing is I tend to think you are a tad full of **** when you say thats not an issue in forza motorsport of all games.

I don’t think they ghost but that’s not what I was getting at, they don’t become immovable objects.
But I didn’t say it’s not a problem, just an unlikely event.

So than if it’s not ghosted than how is it more or less unmovable? You’d still have to figure out a way to get around them in BOTH GAMES. You can’t crash him, remember, cus you’ll get penalized so then you screw yourself ove if you’d try. So In that event you’d have to figure out how to get around cleanly. That griefer will have more affect on you in GTS than Forza

Sounds like you’re just complaining just to hear yourself talk, like usual.

I think I'll just post up the OP, to illustrate that hijacking a thread and defining the way YOU see it as the only possible way it can be interpreted is pretty silly in light of the OP...

There is lot of negative opinions about GT Sport in the internet, like "it's unfinished game" etc. and obviously famous "FORZA IS BETTER". The number of these opinions is overwhelming so sometimes I wonder if GT Sport is a wrong choice. I don't have an Xbox, I wanted to choose PS4 first, not mainly for GT Sport, I bought it by the way to check it beacuse I am Gran Turismo fan since 2013. Forza 7 looks promising but now I don't have money and parents permission to get Xbox One. I wasn't playing every day anyway. I have a PS4 since 20,12,2017 and got only about 90 hours in GT Sport beacuse I preferred to waste my time in online games like Rocket League, Battlefield or Call of Duty. And it wasn't like that I was never bored of GTS. I had boredom moments lot of times, no motivation to play singleplayer content and arcade mode gets boring fast. Now I'm going to come back to GTS again, I enjoy that game when I play other modes more than arcade modes, but everytime I ask about how the game is, there is more mixed, negative or "FORZA IS BETTER" opinions than positive. What's your opinion about GT Sport? Is it in your opinion still a good and enjoyable game despite that "FORZA IS BETTER"?

By the way there is a Metacritic user score of both games. GT Sport 6,0 and FM7 X1 5.9, PC version 4.1

You might note he says he can't afford an XB1, no motivation to play singleplayer or arcade (pretty sure AI ineptitude and lack of challenge goes a long way towards that!) and admits that GTS is 'unfinished' is a pretty overwhelming opinion.

Hence, offering a game for consideration that is far more 'finished' and doesn't need the purchase of a new console seems quite en pointe, IMHO.

I think I'll just post up the OP, to illustrate that hijacking a thread and defining the way YOU see it as the only possible way it can be interpreted is pretty silly in light of the OP...
Or in other words, you’re finally going back to read the thread? :lol: Pretty big thing to say when you didn’t come in to contribute anything other than that these in comparison are just arcade games, and chose to insult the player base of said games as a whole.

You might note he says he can't afford an XB1, no motivation to play singleplayer or arcade (pretty sure AI ineptitude and lack of challenge goes a long way towards that!) and admits that GTS is 'unfinished' is a pretty overwhelming opinion.
You might also note that Pcars2 was played already by him, so one might consider the fact that he already though of it as an option at one point but then made this very thread to ask about a game that he can’t play, and how it is in comparison. Weird that he’d still go as far as wondering about something else instead, after that right? It’s funny though because your original entry post in this thread had absolutely little to do with any of these things, and instead just berating “arcade games” :lol:

But I didn’t say it’s not a problem, just an unlikely event.

So than if it’s not ghosted than how is it more or less unmovable? You’d still have to figure out a way to get around them in BOTH GAMES. You can’t crash him, remember, cus you’ll get penalized so then you screw yourself ove if you’d try. So In that event you’d have to figure out how to get around cleanly. That griefer will have more affect on you in GTS than Forza

Sounds like you’re just complaining just to hear yourself talk, like usual.
The lapped cars in GTS Sport Mode do ghost... now. They didn't until an update earlier this year (March maybe??) but having not raced in Sport Mode for a while I'm not sure if the issues it had back then are properly fixed or not.

Explanation and example of the issue back then:

The lapped cars in GTS Sport Mode do ghost... now. They didn't until an update earlier this year (March maybe??) but having not raced in Sport Mode for a while I'm not sure if the issues it had back then are properly fixed or not.

That’s good, because that would be a much bigger issue than anything that was said about how it’s an issue with Forza. With Forza’s lack of penalty, at the moment, that aid is a welcome addition to deter the griefers that plague us all.

Please don't try to justify the exclusion of all games but GTS and F7 based on sales. The Ford F-series trucks and the Toyota Corolla are the best selling cars in the world. Are they the best cars in the world? Of course not. But they are very practical people movers and utility vehicles. But is that what you are debating? Do you want to play a game the equivalent of a Ford truck, or do you want a game the equivalent of a McLaren or a Porsche? Because neither of those cars sell a fraction of the numbers of a Ford pickup!
I don't get the comparison. Practicality plays a role when people are choosing cars but how much one is willing to spend, and perceived value for money, are also determining factors. There's little or no reason to choose a console game based on cost.

Isnt that assuming you have a decent PC for Forza 7 or PCR2?

I call tell you right now my PC I'm on has a video card, cpu and ram that costs more than 3x std. ps4s.... and my PC isnt even that great and I wouldnt trust it to completely crush FM7.

Not just a little bit either. It hammers it into the ground. It is not even a remotely close fight. At. All.

FM7 is the best of the style of game that was once popularised by Gran Turismos 1 through 6. It's great single player, loads of content, quite user friendly. It's a tried and true format and it does it very well.
GTS is a good attempt to bring an iRacing style online game to a mass market. I think there's plenty of undeveloped territory in that section of the racing genre, so it will be interesting to see it progress. It's more niche and experimental which means it isn't for everyone, but it sticks to it's guns and delivers on it's core gameplay.

They each do their thing pretty well, but their things are pretty far apart. I think if they didn't have the history that they do they wouldn't be considered competitors in anything other than a very abstract way. Like the way that NFS is technically a competitor to GTS, but not really. iRacing was never really considered a competitor to Gran Turismo back in the day, because the overlap in gameplay styles was minimal, and I feel like much of the same applies here.

Isnt that assuming you have a decent PC for Forza 7 or PCR2?

I call tell you right now my PC I'm on has a video card, cpu and ram that costs more than 3x std. ps4s.... and my PC isnt even that great and I wouldnt trust it to completely crush FM7.

It will. FM7 isn't really that heavy on PC. It's generally considered to be a well optimised game, particularly compared to PC2 which is a hog. Forza's dynamic optimisation is pretty good as well for people with less than top tier hardware, you can get a very enjoyable experience without very much money invested at all. But if you've got a $1200 computer, it will run great. Get the demo and try it, you'll be pleased.

FH4 is much the same, now that Turn 10 and Playground are designing to release on PC as well as console they're doing a really remarkable job of making the ports good. Don't assume that you need a powerful PC to run these games, it's in Microsoft's interest to make sure that you don't in order to encourage PC gaming.

Please don't try to justify the exclusion of all games but GTS and F7 based on sales. The Ford F-series trucks and the Toyota Corolla are the best selling cars in the world. Are they the best cars in the world? Of course not. But they are very practical people movers and utility vehicles. But is that what you are debating? Do you want to play a game the equivalent of a Ford truck, or do you want a game the equivalent of a McLaren or a Porsche? Because neither of those cars sell a fraction of the numbers of a Ford pickup!
Gosh, what an analogy. :dunce:

It will. FM7 isn't really that heavy on PC. It's generally considered to be a well optimised game, particularly compared to PC2 which is a hog. Forza's dynamic optimisation is pretty good as well for people with less than top tier hardware, you can get a very enjoyable experience without very much money invested at all. But if you've got a $1200 computer, it will run great. Get the demo and try it, you'll be pleased.

Like you, I'm in the Aust. market so we pay inflated PC prices.

I set up a PC to play FH3 and it wasnt that great. Strangely it was good for Forza Apex. FH3 I spend money on the promise of FHD@60 and it wasnt great so I feel back to the Xbox.

FM7 run fine on my Xbox so I dont care about that.

From my perspective, an Australian perspective, GT Sport is a great budget purchase given the game is cheap and the std. console is cheap and it feels like there's maybe a year left for support.

That's great. Not sure if FM7 has a year left in it.

Its still now $300 aud for a decent GPU, before the advent of Ryzen it was $300 for a decent Intel quad cpu.

Add the ram you need, now expensive with ddr4 and all your usual stuff and it gets up there. I'm a network/system engineer so its no big deal, I'm in IT so but if you just want to race with the best lighting engine and the best gfx for the least money, its GTS on ps4.

I find FM7 strangley cartoony now that I didnt prior to GT Sport.

Max Verstappen wants this implemented for F1 2019 I hear.

GT Sport’s physics engine and tyre modelling is a step above. Every car feels special from the most humble runaround to exotic supercars and racecars. Importantly DS4 and wheel users are both matched without dumbing down the feel.

GT Sport’s car and track modelling is a step above. They are works of art, near photorealistic, and have perfect proportions. I say that as someone with 30 years experience in sim racing.

Engine sounds, something Gran Turismo had always been way behind the competition, is now class leading in the console space. You could argue Assetto Corsa still has an edge. But GT Sport is now some way ahead of the shrill, harsh Forza sound model.

Graphically I’m super impressed with GT Sport. As I stated in another thread, it looked good at launch, but I’m convinced PD has been been making subtle improvements. When I see the title today it looks stunning. Could easily pass for a real race broadcast.

The UI is class leading not just in sim racing, but across the game industry. With hundreds of hours put in it still feels slick, fresh and classy. My only suggestion would be an updated soundtrack.

The single-player aspects are now quite substantial. Although I only use them to earn credits or to test cars. I would say the various Challenges are the most entertaining single-player content I’ve played in any sim.

The biggest negative for me are the lack of tuning/upgrades. Often I just want to fit a sports exhaust, suspension and brakes. I don’t need unrealistic engine and drivetrain swaps. Weather is another feature I want to see. But again I don’t want ridiculous thunderstorms and such. Let’s have a dynamic race surface with drying lines.

In short GT Sport is not only my favourite Gran Turismo. I can put a good case forward for it being my favourite title this gen. I don’t have much to say about Forza 7. The little I’ve played hasn’t impressed beyond the customisation. I watch Super GT’s streams, and as he himself says, it now resembles a circuit based Need for Speed.

Last edited:
I've played both. There is NOTHING better in GTS outside of online and light quality. It is online Super GT is referring to.

You have to switch on the stability aid in Forza to make it similar to GTS.

Having said that, if physics are the most important thing, then AC wins over both of them.

I wonder how often people venture over to the forums for these other games to proclaim the superiority of GTS.

See, I play GT (and it's iterations) because it's familiar and I enjoy it the most. That's it, that's all. I try the other games and I, albeit subjectively, do not enjoy them. I also never go to the forums for these other games to declare GT's superiority because, after all, it's superiority is judged on a personal level. AC is a great example. I constantly read about how great it is, but I absolutely hated it. I never had a moment where I enjoyed it. Am I right and the rest of its fans wrong? i think not.

So, again, I wonder why I am constantly reading, in the GT forums, about the prowess of the other games.

Here's an analogy that I think may apply. I use Spotify. I have tried Tidal and Deezer. The latter both have CD quality music that (on my system) is audibly better. So much so, that I have often managed two paid accounts, one for Spotify and one for one of the others (which cost twice as much). I always end up dropping the others because as an overall experience, Spotify is simply better. On the Spotify forums, there are TONS of people extolling the virtues of the competitors. Why do they spout of on the Spotify forum? Well, Tidal doesn't support their own forum. I don't believe Deezer does either, but I could be wrong on that one. So, the users need to go to the Spotify forum to talk about how much they love their own services.

Is that what's happening? Are there so few people to chat with on the other forums that people need to come over to this one? If that's the case, doesn't that say all that needs to be said?

Why are discussing which one is "better" when better is such a subjective metric?

GT Sport’s physics engine and tyre modelling is a step above. Every car feels special from the most humble runaround to exotic supercars and racecars. Importantly DS4 and wheel users are both matched without dumbing down the feel.

GT Sport’s car and track modelling is a step above. They are works of art, near photorealistic, and have perfect proportions. I say that as someone with 30 years experience in sim racing.

Engine sounds, something Gran Turismo had always been way behind the competition, is now class leading in the console space. You could argue Assetto Corsa still has an edge. But GT Sport is now some way ahead of the shrill, harsh Forza sound model.

Graphically I’m super impressed with GT Sport. As I stated in another thread, it looked good at launch, but I’m convinced PD has been been making subtle improvements. When I see the title today it looks stunning. Could easily pass for a real race broadcast.

The UI is class leading not just in sim racing, but across the game industry. With hundreds of hours put in it still feels slick, fresh and classy. My only suggestion would be an updated soundtrack.

The single-player aspects are now quite substantial. Although I only use them to earn credits or to test cars. I would say the various Challenges are the most entertaining single-player content I’ve played in any sim.

The biggest negative for me are the lack of tuning/upgrades. Often I just want to fit a sports exhaust, suspension and brakes. I don’t need unrealistic engine and drivetrain swaps. Weather is another feature I want to see. But again I don’t want ridiculous thunderstorms and such. Let’s have a dynamic race surface with drying lines.

In short GT Sport is not only my favourite Gran Turismo. I can put a good case forward for it being my favourite title this gen. I don’t have much to say about Forza 7. The little I’ve played hasn’t impressed beyond the customisation. I watch Super GT’s streams, and as he himself says, it now resembles a circuit based Need for Speed.
To be honest, the vast majority of that would still stand true had you replaced GTS with Forza as the quality in both are top notch. Both games will have hits and misses in every single department you’ve layed out, but not enough to subtract from the experience as a whole.

Is that what's happening? Are there so few people to chat with on the other forums that people need to come over to this one? If that's the case, doesn't that say all that needs to be said
Don’t know if you noticed but it has been a long time since GTP has been ONLY about GT. That they play a different game at the current moment should never, ever, imply that they shouldn’t be here

Last edited:
Like you, I'm in the Aust. market so we pay inflated PC prices.

I set up a PC to play FH3 and it wasnt that great. Strangely it was good for Forza Apex. FH3 I spend money on the promise of FHD@60 and it wasnt great so I feel back to the Xbox.

FH3 was not well optimised for PC, which is why I didn't mention it. It has known problems, and while it's better than when it started it doesn't run as cleanly as FM7 and FH4.

From my perspective, an Australian perspective, GT Sport is a great budget purchase given the game is cheap and the std. console is cheap and it feels like there's maybe a year left for support.

That's great. Not sure if FM7 has a year left in it.

Nobody knows, although at the moment they're saying that it does and they've just released some pretty significant updates to it. For all we know, support for GTS could drop off before FM7.

Its still now $300 aud for a decent GPU, before the advent of Ryzen it was $300 for a decent Intel quad cpu.

Add the ram you need, now expensive with ddr4 and all your usual stuff and it gets up there. I'm a network/system engineer so its no big deal, I'm in IT so but if you just want to race with the best lighting engine and the best gfx for the least money, its GTS on ps4.

I think it's common to overstate the expense of a PC. Yes, if you compare a PC directly with a console, the console looks cheap. The console is cheap.

But the reason a console is cheap is that it's limited. A console is basically ONLY used for playing games. A PC is rarely purchased ONLY for playing games, unless it's someone who has enough money that this discussion is irrelevant to them. Almost everyone will have some sort of PC or Mac in 2018, and that's relevant.

While a console is $400 regardless, the choice to get into "gaming" PCs can simply mean spending $400 more than you otherwise would when buying your PC for home use. For a thousand dollars you can get a capable gaming machine, and if you write off the $4-600 you would have spent on your Netflix and internet machine anyway it's not nearly as arduous as people make out.

Personally, I still haven't bought a PS4 because while there are good games and it's not that expensive for the hardware you're getting, I can invest the same $400 into upgrading my computer and see better return on it. I get better gaming performance AND better performance in Photoshop, Autodesk, and Vegas. I get games that are generally the same or cheaper through Steam/Humble/GoG, and I don't have to pay for online services. Despite the fact that GTS itself might be cheap, the cost of getting into the PS4 ecosystem is actually what's still holding me back.

I won't deny that GTS is the best looking per dollar game available today (although I'd suggest that Horizon 4 runs it pretty close), but for me a game has to do a little more than simply look pretty.

I find FM7 strangley cartoony now that I didnt prior to GT Sport.

Don't do that. People throw around terms like cartoony and arcade where neither game even remotely deserves them. It's a different visual style, as all games have different visual styles. Gran Turismo tends to be muted, Forza tends to be garish. A Formula 1 broadcast looks garish next to a historical rally documentary, but neither is particularly unrealistic.

A huge amount of it is in the colours. I guess if you're on console you have less control over that short of altering your TV colour settings every time you play, but it's possible to make Gran Turismo and Forza look quite similar in terms of "cartoonishness" depending on how you tweak your output. When you get past the saturation and contrast, they're really quite similar looking apart from GTS's spectacular lighting.

I wonder how often people venture over to the forums for these other games to proclaim the superiority of GTS.

See, I play GT (and it's iterations) because it's familiar and I enjoy it the most. That's it, that's all. I try the other games and I, albeit subjectively, do not enjoy them. I also never go to the forums for these other games to declare GT's superiority because, after all, it's superiority is judged on a personal level. AC is a great example. I constantly read about how great it is, but I absolutely hated it. I never had a moment where I enjoyed it. Am I right and the rest of its fans wrong? i think not.

So, again, I wonder why I am constantly reading, in the GT forums, about the prowess of the other games.

Here's an analogy that I think may apply. I use Spotify. I have tried Tidal and Deezer. The latter both have CD quality music that (on my system) is audibly better. So much so, that I have often managed two paid accounts, one for Spotify and one for one of the others (which cost twice as much). I always end up dropping the others because as an overall experience, Spotify is simply better. On the Spotify forums, there are TONS of people extolling the virtues of the competitors. Why do they spout of on the Spotify forum? Well, Tidal doesn't support their own forum. I don't believe Deezer does either, but I could be wrong on that one. So, the users need to go to the Spotify forum to talk about how much they love their own services.

Is that what's happening? Are there so few people to chat with on the other forums that people need to come over to this one? If that's the case, doesn't that say all that needs to be said?

Why are discussing which one is "better" when better is such a subjective metric?
That would be down to the thread title

I've played every GT game from 1 to 6 plus the mini releases. I'm very familiar with it and yes it has that familiarity that pulls you in. The trouble is they have thrown away most of what made it great in the first place in favour of Sport mode. If that is the future then it is. I don't think it is as they've been adding to the solo player aspect but it is only in create race mode that anything resembling GT1-5 can be achieved.

I've played both. There is NOTHING better in GTS outside of online and light quality. It is online Super GT is referring to.

You have to switch on the stability aid in Forza to make it similar to GTS.

Having said that, if physics are the most important thing, then AC wins over both of them.
Everyone has their own opinions. We are talking small percentage differences afterall.

That said it always feels a backhanded compliment to state GT Sport is only superior online. Given how dreadful Forza 7’s public racing is.

I stand by my points above regarding GT Sport’s greater authenticity and accuracy in key areas. I don’t deny the title had a shaky launch, but one year on, it’s maturing like a fine wine. PD are doubling down on motorsport authenticity from marbles on the track, to a flagging system, to helmet/suit customisation. Not to mention car & track updates. Both big & small changes all aimed at nailing down GT Sport’s motorsport authenticity.

Meanwhile they do what they can (before a sequel) to placate those who play single-player. As stated above car customisation is a big miss but that is something we’ll have to wait for in the sequel as I doubt it can be implemented in the current online class structure.

I agree Assetto Corsa is the benchmark for physics but GT Sport takes a step closer with each update. If AC is 100% ‘realistic’, GT Sport is 90% there. If that final 10% needs to be sacrificed to make GT Sport accessible (and competitive) for DS4 users so be it.

Forza 7 is a fine title. But once again, looking at it a year on, much of the shine from the highly praised launch has rubbed off. It’s in the no man’s land GT5/6 found itself in attempting to please all gamers. With the Horizon series now taking the mantle of the flagship Forza. Hopefully T10 can double down on realism and authenticity for Forza 8.

Back