Is having abs, traction control, and others off the most real settings

United States
Brookyln
To get a more real life experience on each car should I have all assists off. And just learn and practice more to get best lap times and most real life driving experience.

To get a more real life experience on each car should I have all assists off. And just learn and practice more to get best lap times and most real life driving experience.

I don't think so, especially with road cars. Those systems are used in road cars for safety while driving on public roads with other people around.

To have fun, turn off all systems except ABS (because no ABS in this game is not good enough to be an option or fun).

On race cars, it's up to you. I see no problem using TCS if you can be faster with it.

I use ABS alone to be faster and have more fun driving except when tire wear is high (I use 1 TSC to save tires).

For the real, see the regulations for each discipline you want to, and adjust assist systems accordingly. As far as I'm aware, in most modern motorsport those options not only not prohibited, but vital to enter the race. More older sports usually have those assist aren't invented yet, or not presented in form they were in their respective time.

Ones u get used driving without abs you'll never go back.
More control entering corners and out braking the majority.
Don't no if gts has it (I think so) but all other gt's gave you more bhp without abs.

Ones u get used driving without abs you'll never go back.
More control entering corners and out braking the majority.
Don't no if gts has it (I think so) but all other gt's gave you more bhp without abs.
Can you source that? I spec raced in GT5 and GT6 and can say with near certainty that turning off ABS had no effect on HP.
Also, ABS off for wheels isnt bad, I think it breaks traction a little too easily, but with a controller, the fidelity and adjustability just isnt good enough to run without abs. It goes from partial brake to full brake way to fast using the triggers.

For me, I use TCS in the more modern road cars. Like the Audi R8 or TTS, they have Traction Control, so I use them and obviously they have ABS.

Now if I'm using, say, the old Trans Am, no, TCS is off. I'm not 100% certain of the history of ABS, so I don't know if cars from the 70's had it or not. But as was pointed out above, no ABS in this game is crazy.

For me, I use TCS in the more modern road cars. Like the Audi R8 or TTS, they have Traction Control, so I use them and obviously they have ABS.

Now if I'm using, say, the old Trans Am, no, TCS is off. I'm not 100% certain of the history of ABS, so I don't know if cars from the 70's had it or not. But as was pointed out above, no ABS in this game is crazy.
I personally dont use TC on any road car. I think, on road cars, its mostly personal preference. I used to race autox with a Crossfire and would pull the fuse to get TC to fully disable as turning it "off" didn't fully turn it off.
Racing specific cars, I leave it on 1 for things like the prototypes, formula, VGT. The race cars tou would actually utilize TC for in real racing.

I only use TCS on cars from late 90's and up, and only in the models that I know that have it(if I remember right, the Supra RZ doesn't have it, so I drive the car without it).

Anything from 80's and older I turn it off.

ABS is always on though, because it can't keep it off for each vehicle like I can with TCS, otherwise I would follow the same rules above.

Absolutely unequivocally false.
In GT using a controller, I agree. Using a wheel in game, and in real life, absolutely, unequivocally true. You can definitely out brake someone in a car without abs, than you can in that same car with it.

In GT using a controller, I agree. Using a wheel in game, and in real life, absolutely, unequivocally true. You can definitely out brake someone in a car without abs, than you can in that same car with it.

Luckily, this thread has **** all to do with real life scenarios, so take your non sequiturs elsewhere

I guess you missed the first part of the sentence there tough guy.

So you legitimately believe ABS off, in GT Sport, is faster - but only with a wheel

Mind explaining to me then, why, for the past 2 years, these kids who spend 16 hours a day min/maxing their qualifying, don’t use ABS off? Is it for the lulz?

Imagine being so desperate to be right about something, you derail a thread, but ended up being wrong about something within your very derailing comment. What do you even say to such a person?

I only use TCS on cars from late 90's and up, and only in the models that I know that have it(if I remember right, the Supra RZ doesn't have it, so I drive the car without it).

Anything from 80's and older I turn it off.

ABS is always on though, because it can't keep it off for each vehicle like I can with TCS, otherwise I would follow the same rules above.
Kind of think the way you do but ABS wasn't on cars before the 80's either.

Wish TCS and ABS weren't available for cars if it wasn't in the original.

And why does a VW Bus need TCS? :lol:

So you legitimately believe ABS off, in GT Sport, is faster - but only with a wheel

Mind explaining to me then, why, for the past 2 years, these kids who spend 16 hours a day min/maxing their qualifying, don’t use ABS off? Is it for the lulz?

Imagine being so desperate to be right about something, you derail a thread, but ended up being wrong about something within your very derailing comment. What do you even say to such a person?
Who pissed in your cheerios hot shot? Not sure what board you think your on, but we are having a discussion. It would be great if you could participate rather than stamp your feet around in tantrum because someone didnt agree with you.

Hard to say because in GT Sport the fastest is usually turning all assists off except ABS while in real life even traction control on is usually faster.

My advice is to play however is the most enjoyable and least frustrating. Because if you’re having fun, the rest will come naturally :)

Who pissed in your cheerios hot shot? Not sure what board you think your on, but we are having a discussion. It would be great if you could participate rather than stamp your feet around in tantrum because someone didnt agree with you.

Nice ad hominem. I understand, it’s embarrassing to be wrong on a public resource where messages remain forever.

Because that’s what this is, right? A resource where people can find resourceful information.

There is nothing at all resourceful about posting blatantly incorrect things, notably, without a source or even explanation. Justifiably, I am defending the resourcefulness of this community, from people such as yourself who are undermining it.

You aren't defending anything fella, you are trying to have an overly aggressive argument with someone on the internet. Your only "source" is a single leader board who's majority, if I remember correctly, are controller users. Go have a talk with the guys over at SNAIL. That is where my experience comes from. Years of racing spec races with them. Some of their top racers dont use ABS with a wheel. And their top racers also happen to be top qualifies for the GT academy. I'll take their word on it thank you very much.

ABS takes braking performance away to make the steering more controllable so if you master no ABS, you would have slightly more stopping power.

I can maximise the braking every now and then with my humble G29 pedals. I'm still using ABS but the brake meter is all in white instead of having about 10% of it in red from a firmer stomp. I'd love to master it as it would give me a later brake point but I've no idea how to do it consistently.

I usually see it when my legs are tiring and I'm using less force but if I could find the sweet spot, I might be able to shorten the pedal throw to find the right pressure easier.

No TC for me. It kicks in too easily and always when I don't want it.

IRL sure, in GTS, nope. The Top guys in GTS use ABS default on everything but the Go Kart. There isn’t any/enough feedback in the pedals/wheel to go without ABS in this game.

IRL sure, in GTS, nope. The Top guys in GTS use ABS default on everything but the Go Kart. There isn’t any/enough feedback in the pedals/wheel to go without ABS in this game.
The gteye brake spring is your friend here. Although, I suppose I cant speak specifically to GTS as I use a g27 and havent picked up a hub yet. On GT5&6 though, the gteye spring was designed right into the sweet spot before the wheels would lock up, so you had a good feel for were you needed to be.
Btw, thanks for the civil response. It's nice to converse in an adult manner.

You aren't defending anything fella, you are trying to have an overly aggressive argument with someone on the internet. Your only "source" is a single leader board who's majority, if I remember correctly, are controller users. Go have a talk with the guys over at SNAIL. That is where my experience comes from. Years of racing spec races with them. Some of their top racers dont use ABS with a wheel. And their top racers also happen to be top qualifies for the GT academy. I'll take their word on it thank you very much.

I’ve raced with Snail too, and I can keep up with some of their top guys. I’ve also raced and chatted with a lot of other really fast guys, including guys who have raced in World Tour events. Unless you have a load cell brake kit, ABS Default is the fastest way to drive in this game. Even if you do have a LCB, ABS default is still faster in most cases, most guys who go without don’t do it to gain speed, they’re the guys who are going for more realism instead in most cases. :)

The gteye brake spring is your friend here. Although, I suppose I cant speak specifically to GTS as I use a g27 and havent picked up a hub yet. On GT5&6 though, the gteye spring was designed right into the sweet spot before the wheels would lock up, so you had a good feel for were you needed to be.
Btw, thanks for the civil response. It's nice to converse in an adult manner.

Maybe it worked better in GT5/6 but in GTS all you get is skidding/plowing the moment you touch the brake, I even tried the rubber brake Mod for my T3PA pedals and it’s no better. I can assure you all the top guys in this game use ABS default. :cheers:

Shouldn't be difficult to compare ABS On/Off braking distances to full stop at Special Stage Route X.
Tested it in GT6 using stock tires, & ABS off was generally weaker.
---
Would like to see authentic assists aswell, but then PD would need to adust brakes for each car class, & especially from different era.

Last edited:
Nice ad hominem. I understand, it’s embarrassing to be wrong on a public resource where messages remain forever.

Because that’s what this is, right? A resource where people can find resourceful information.

There is nothing at all resourceful about posting blatantly incorrect things, notably, without a source or even explanation. Justifiably, I am defending the resourcefulness of this community, from people such as yourself who are undermining it.
I think you'll find you could go about "defending" us without being such an arse about it. 💡

On GT5&6 though, the gteye spring was designed right into the sweet spot before the wheels would lock up, so you had a good feel for were you needed to be.
Those games had the huge advantage of being able to adjust the braking power directly instead of only the balance in GTS, back then I'd usually run brake settings low enough to allow for full braking without locking the wheels unless there were bumps or noticable cambering on the road. Now with only the balance adjustable the overall braking power is too high and it becomes a matter of which end locks first in spite of being careful instead of getting hard on the brakes and the car just, you know, working.

No I don’t think so, some cars have that stuff in real life, some don’t. For example, If you wanted the most real settings for Gr3 then TC and ABS would have to be on.

The only one that should always be off is counter steering assist.

Last edited:
I believe real GT4 race allow TCS. I do know that in Porsche Carrera Cup Australia, the Am drivers have ABS and the Pro drivers don't.

As posted above, check the rules and regulations of the series you want to mimic. Adjust accordingly.

Back