is it worth 40 usd ....

• Thread starter frestkd
  • 150 comments
PS3 in the next month? No way. I don't have a job or anything, and paying for a PS3 is on the pricey side to me. I'd still love to have a PS3.

(judging on Post #86) Now you've REALLY stooped to a new low with that comment, frestkd. How light do you think GT5: Prologue is? As much content is featured in this deal, you mean to tell me that this light game is nothing compared to the full game of Forza Motorsport 2? I'm going to take a chance talking about this thing, even if it means getting into some hot water on GTPlanet. Don't compare Forza 2 with GT5: Prologue. Editors and media firms that judge GT5P as being worse than Forza (or even PGR) need to be suspended on from their jobs on administrative leave and be taken immediately to a psychologist. This is a light game. So why the hell would you compare a light game with a full game of similar value? Another thing- Forza is not on a PlayStation. It is an XBOX-exclusive title. So why would you compare a light PS3 title with a full XBOX 360 title? This would be like comparing a concept car that's close to production from Chevrolet with a full retail car from Ford or Dodge. You can't win your argument no matter how hard you try. It's true that you could get Forza 2 for the same price of the GT5P deal, but Forza 2 is a full game while GT5P is a light game. Don't even get me started in saying that GT5P is GT5, because it's not. GT5P costs as much as a full retail game because of all the content available to it apart from the fact this is a light game. People will pay as much money to get something like this if it's the only shot of seeing something close to what GT5 will provide. They will pay because they love Gran Turismo, and they are willing to play any title that gives a hint to what GT5 will be like. And likewise, will wait for GT5 when it's eventually released. This game can't be offered for free because it has too much content and too many great features for it to be considered a demo. If you're going to think Prologue is a full game, then congratulations- you've defeated the purpose of Prologue. You can tell people that GT sucks ass because of a dumb marketing move by PD (in your mind). This is a light game with loads of content. Something like this would be a steal if it were free. However, the anticipation for this game and speculations thereof warrants a price tag. And that price tag is 40 dead presidents. Pay up if you want to get a first-hand look at what GT5 may provide, or wait a few years from now for GT5. Your call.

And that's all. I'll get some shut-eye now as my Spring Break continues...

actually, the comparison is valid.. he has to use A FULL GAME to counter this PREVIEW/PROLOGUE of a future full game.. which means that Forza 2 has already been severely outgunned by the Prologue alone. ;)

Ahh well compareing GT5p with Forza 2 is a little unfair, as Forza 2 is an older game, maybe GT5 comparisons with Forza 3 will be more apt if Forza 3 sees the light of day around the same time as GT5. Personaly GT5p has a more weighted feel to the car physics, obviously better graphics and twice the number of cars on screen. Forza 2 for me by comparison (and this is only MY opinion) felt a little to light ie the cars felt like they gave up traction too easily. Also Getting a full 8 private players in a room and keeping them there till the end of a race or a series of races could often be problamatic, which considering all private players were in the uk and all had 2 meg+ connections over a payed for service is quite poor. But thats all my opinion from my own experience with the game which I still rate as the best online racer available at present! Although GT5p will come close to knocking it off the top spot even though it's a demo and in many aspects it beats it hands down, but again being a demo the limited online functions (no private rooms for now) just give F2 the edge. Worth $40 you bet ya!:)

Not an idiot, just a little dyslexic ... I pointed out that GT5P is not worth 40 bucks, because for the same price FM2 that is a better product.
You never addressed my point that Forza 2 started at $60. By your rationale I can say that any older game is a better value.

Heck, by your rationale you could argue that FM2 is a better deal than the full GT5 because FM2 is only $40.

To properly compare the merits of a game you must compare them as new.

And then, I don't have a 360, so of course FM2 is definitely not worth the cost of admittance to me.

and some people here are so closed minded that they think looking on youtube is just as good as comparing them in front of them with their own eyes?
Wait, you've compared them both in front of your own eyes? Please tell me what you think.

You're a bunch of ignorant fanboys ...
As much as I wish to deny this because I have given Forza a try and do own the original XBox, it is hard to do so when Sony sends me a membership card in their special customer service program free of charge, without me asking.

That said though:

mfln130l.jpg

Right everyone stand back from the fanboy! trollisim is a treatable disease and we shouldn't add to it's problems by argueing wth it. Ever tryed to win an argument with a 3 year old whos vocabulary has just expanded to include the word WHY? It's imposable to win! (And they know it LOL) now just breath deeply and chant this mantra......If I want it I'll buy it. If I think it's too dear I wont.........Ok now please move on theres nothing to see here!
fanboy-anatomy.jpg

Right everyone stand back from the fanboy! trollisim is a treatable disease and we shouldn't add to it's problems by argueing wth it. Ever tryed to win an argument with a 3 year old whos vocabulary has just expanded to include the word WHY? It's imposable to win! (And they know it LOL) now just breath deeply and chant this mantra......If I want it I'll buy it. If I think it's too dear I wont.........Ok now please move on theres nothing to see here!
fanboy-anatomy.jpg

OMG! That's too funny ... I was the ultimate PD/GT Fanboy .... I owed GT, GT2, GT3, and GT4 ... played them a ton, but after awhile I got bored with them. GT5P is $40 USD so is a new copy of FM2 like it or not GT5P going to be compared to FM2. What does GT5P have over FM2? GT5P can up to 16 players online verses FM2 having only 8. GT5P can be played online for free verses FM2 having to shell out $50 USD per year for XBL. GT5P is 1080p verses 720p on FM2. Still not worth $40USD, but being a little bit of a PD/GT Fanboy I'll most likely buy it, because I want to see and compare it to FM2. I have the Japanese Demo, and I wasn't impressed with it. So we'll see in April if PD/Sony release it. I have a feeling Sony will eventually offer paid subscriptions to their gaming network like they have done with FF Online.

OMG! That's too funny ... I was the ultimate PD/GT Fanboy .... I owed GT, GT2, GT3, and GT4 ... played them a ton, but after awhile I got bored with them. GT5P is $40 USD so is a new copy of FM2 like it or not GT5P going to be compared to FM2. What does GT5P have over FM2? GT5P can up to 16 players online verses FM2 having only 8. GT5P can be played online for free verses FM2 having to shell out $50 USD per year for XBL. GT5P is 1080p verses 720p on FM2. Still not worth $40USD, but being a little bit of a PD/GT Fanboy I'll most likely buy it, because I want to see and compare it to FM2. I have the Japanese Demo, and I wasn't impressed with it. So we'll see in April if PD/Sony release it. I have a feeling Sony will eventually offer paid subscriptions to their gaming network like they have done with FF Online.

You're forgetting the fact that FM2 originally sold for $60 as that was the price set by Microsoft. It was the stores who lowered the price to $40 to start getting copies off their shelves.

You're also comparing 1/3rd of a game to a full game. How about we compare 1/3rd of Forza 2 to GT5:P?

Forza 2 still looks lovlier than Forza 1 by miles. I've always loved the Renault Clio (the mid/RWD version) once I really noticed how capable this car is with tuning. I can only imagine what kinds of tuning options would be made available for GT5 once the retail version is available. I think the other pictre is an older Volkswagen. Love the blue. I probably would have went with a brighter blue color for the checker flag graphics. Otherwise, sensational.

I still think this deal is worth $40 for the content that it comes with. Too much content to be considered a demo or even free.

Thats what you could do with the many filters on Forza 2's photo mode....Just imagine the stuff you can do on GT5, I only hope you can pause replays and jump into photo mode and if were really luck it'll be in GT5p.....oh and the second car is the VW corado, first car I got on F2

Thanks to the incredible amar212, I think the case is closed for most people wondering if GT5 Prologue is worth $40.

40 bucks seems fair considering full games are now a ridiculous $60. Money well spent...heck the F40 alone is enough to justify the price

Even thus this is a Prologue, or a HUGE demo, whatever you perfer to call it, I think its really Quality work, so what it has 1/5 the tracks and cars of GT4, but its worth it. More detail on cars, physics, simulation, and everything else.

It's worth $40 if they include private lobbies for online play

Otherwise it's just an expanded demo that should only cost $15-$20

However because I'm an addict and would like to get a real good taste of GT5 I'll pay $40 no matter what

Went on few websites and saw the NPD figures ... it's good for Sony, and Nintendo, but bad for Micro$oft ...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103476

Found this little tibit too .... it looks like PS Network will most likely go pay ...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103475

FM2 has the F40 too, and many other Ferrari Cars ... like the Enzo, F430, and the FXX! Oh do you the next DLC for Forza2 will most likely have R35, New EVO10, New STI, and New M3 ... out this month(March) for few hundred M$ Points ... hmm oh did I hear a POP! of a GT5P Fanboy's Balloons! ... I wonder who?! hahaha As for the FM2 has private lobbies, online tournaments, online auctions, and FM TV .... uhoh another POP! from a balloon! hehehe The only thing that GT5P has over FM2 is 16 players online, and 1080P ... GT5P still isn't worth 40 bucks you closed minded fanboys ... hahahaha

Went on few websites and saw the NPD figures ... it's good for Sony, and Nintendo, but bad for Micro$oft ...

Found this little tibit too .... it looks like PS Network will most likely go pay ...

FM2 has the F40 too, and many other Ferrari Cars ... like the Enzo, F430, and the FXX! Oh do you the next DLC for Forza2 will most likely have R35, New EVO10, New STI, and New M3 ... out this month(March) for few hundred M$ Points ... hmm oh did I hear a POP! of a GT5P Fanboy's Balloons! ... I wonder who?! hahaha As for the FM2 has private lobbies, online tournaments, online auctions, and FM TV .... uhoh another POP! from a balloon! hehehe The only thing that GT5P has over FM2 is 16 players online, and 1080P ... GT5P still isn't worth 40 bucks you closed minded fanboys ... hahahaha

Did I hear a pop? Oh it looks like your XBox 360 wont read your disks any more. Have fun playing Forza without a working 360.

Seriously, why come onto a GT board to talk crap? We're not bothering anyone else, so don't bother us please. Just leave us to our peaceful conversation.

Congratulations again for another worthless post.
Once again, you compare a full game to 1/3rd of a game.

I ask again, would FM2 be even worth $60 if it was 1/3rd of what it is now?

What next Forza 2 with F1 cars............? I can see the M$ hordes desending on the forum as the hype continues to increase. I doubt any of them will have more structured arguments than that one.......Now excuse me I feel my balloons about to pop LOL

BALLONS.JPG

Congratulations again for another worthless post.
Once again, you compare a full game to 1/3rd of a game.

I ask again, would FM2 be even worth $60 if it was 1/3rd of what it is now?

umm it was 60 USD when it was released ... everyone needs to just loosen up ... I'm wrong on the DLC ... I want to see the teaser vid of it though.

so, the original game was 60$.. and how much has every DLC cost to the player? about 5-10$? and there has been how many DLC's again? starts to sound overpriced for me..

umm it was 60 USD when it was released ... everyone needs to just loosen up ... I'm wrong on the DLC ... I want to see the teaser vid of it though.
Well, duh. So, why try to compare the 2 on a $40 level when 1 wasn't originally $40?

Yes, it has more cars than most NFS games and 5 tracks more than any other demo I know of. Yeah it is $40 but it is basically like a full game, 60 cars, 5 tracks (with 2 variations), Online, Split screen, car customization, and it is the first one to have Ferraris.

No one is making you get it. The only reason it costs money is because it is almost like a full game.

What does this have to do with this thread? How are NPD sales results and SCE merging with SOE even related to GT5P being worth $40.

And, just to get it out: From the article you post I see no one discussing paying for PSN.

FM2 has the F40 too, and many other Ferrari Cars ... like the Enzo, F430, and the FXX!
No F2007? Hmm.

Oh do you the next DLC for Forza2 will most likely have R35, New EVO10, New STI, and New M3 ... out this month(March) for few hundred M$ Points
Can you translate that for me? I don't have a M$ points to dollar conversion chart handy.

... hmm oh did I hear a POP! of a GT5P Fanboy's Balloons! ... I wonder who?! hahaha As for the FM2 has private lobbies, online tournaments, online auctions, and FM TV .... uhoh another POP! from a balloon! hehehe The only thing that GT5P has over FM2 is 16 players online, and 1080P ... GT5P still isn't worth 40 bucks you closed minded fanboys ... hahahaha
You've convinced me. I am going to go get Forza 2 instead. POP!!! What the? I have to buy a 360 first? Nevermind. I guess I will just stick to my overpriced demo. :indiff:

Back