is it worth 40 usd ....

• Thread starter frestkd
  • 150 comments
My goodness, youngins they believe they know it all and not even out of school yet, hmm. Blindly supporting Obama for change, hmm.

That $40K edumacation is getting you alot isn't it, I say that your parents are not getting their money's worth!

$40 is not too much to pay for what IS the racing game on the planet. No need to buy hot rod video cards or make sure you have PC specs no older than 2 years of the game's release and about those Xbox 360's..... Just HOW many has M$ had to warranty??? Last I heard MILLIONS and they are still failing!

Forza 2 is a nice game but I am not paying X amount for a 360 when I don't like any of the current 360 games, which is why I keep playing with my PS2...

However I will finally invest in a 80gig PS3 and put the PS2 in the car (for those days at the strip waiting for my number to be called, those that venture out to California Speedway know what I am talking about) and pick up GT5:P all in one shot!

I'll gladly give to the "John BM01 needs a 40gig PS3" fund, is $25 enough homie?

IGNORE THIS VIAL SPEW!!!! ALL PRAISE PD ... ALL PRAISE SONY!!!!

WE WANT TO PAY $39.99 USD for an over glorified demo of an unfinished product that will most like be released some time in 2010 ....

attention everybody:

PLEASE DO NOT BUY GT5 PROLOGUE. IT`S NOT WORTH 40 DOLLARS !!!

i repeat:

DO NOT BUY GT5 PROLOGUE !

Glad you warned me, just canceld my pre order, cheers bud!

Blah, Blah, Blah... ( currently in my 5th week of JPN Prologue ), I suspect most of you don't have it. I can't wait to stupidly pay ANOTHER $40 for english version. Frestkid, or whatever, does your mommy know you're posting? My guess is you don't even have a car IRL, or for that matter, a RL. Until 'one' HAS IT, 'ones' opinion on whether it's worth $40 or if it's a demo are BASELESS. The box says Prologue, price of admission $40, shut up or drive.

Well if they don't issue an update I'm buying it again. I was very happy the first time I spent 40+ dollars on the JPN ver I'll be just as happy to spend another 40 for the US ver.

I really can't understand why ppl start threads like this...I'll spend my money how I wish. Please stop telling the rest of us how to spend ours, PLEASE STOP!

For those of you who are FM2 fan's it's all good, but I thought you guys had a forums? Are your forums that uninteresting that you have to come to ours? I can't blame you, with the recent screenshots of GT5P. Full interior views, actual wheels by logitech designed for GT games, near perfect modelled cars, improved physics, improved sound, online, online time trial rankings, official F1 cars, etc, etc...shat I would secretly jump ship and pretend to talk crap about GT5P to. Remember to clean up after yourself's people might see drool all over your face.

Way back in the old days an argument started whether the Mac or a PC platform was better. That argument, obviously, is still going strong. It all boils down to personal preference and what you intend to use these products for. Anyway, what you all are witnessing in this thread is just a parallel of that argument, and it's quite pointless.

That said, I bought the JPN demo. I'll buy the US demo. I'll buy the full game. I don't care. :)

Apple for the win! Look carbon fiber LOL

CarbonApple_mono1024.jpg

Hey my macbooks running a dual core pentium! oh and a full version of windows XP for when I'm feeling masocistic LOL

Nope nothing at all, I think this thread was done to death a good while back, it's now just decending into humour. I'll bring it back on track, hang on

Is GT5p worth $40? No, it's worth a bit more :sly:

I'm sure there's a topic around here somewhere, but it seems like Hereward and frestkd are on a different one.

Lets keep to the topic that's mentioned in the thread title please.

Yeah the F1 car did it to death your honour....now where was I?Oh yeah! $40, no way I'll pay $45 and no less JASE72...........I'll stop now:dopey:

Is GT5:P worth $40 ? Humm - that depends on what value you derive from your purchase. I think it would well worth it - if I owned a PS3 - I would have it on pre-order.

Sometime later this year, I'll pick up a PS3 - if I'm lucky, Sony will have decided that they will produce a PS3/GT5:P bundle - that's the one one I would pick up.

Whatever, this has been discussed over and over again - none of the GTx:P have been sold in the US - this will allow Sony to see how big the audience for both GT5:P, the PS3, and possibly GT5 will be.

Gil :)

The question itself is nothing short of retarded.

If GT5P didn't have online play then it would've been a fair question. But the game online play...do you hear me????

ON

****-ING

LINE

That alone would've made me buy it, even if it had ONLY ONE CAR AND TWO tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for a little perspective gentlemen:

1)The arcade PCB for Daytona USA, when it was first released in 1994 costs $4000! Not for the whole cabinet mind you, but only for the PCB ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

2)Millions of people are paying over $120 a YEAR to play a ****ty game like WoW

3)Neo Geo cartidges, when first released were over $350!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even ****ty games like Cyberlip and Top Hunter!

4)Many of you have paid for DLC for EA games that added little to nothing to the overall game.

5)I spent around over $50 taking two hot blondes out for a night on the town last weekend. Sure I got laid but that is just one night of fun.....GT5P will provide fun for you every day of the day of the week, 365 days a year!!!!!

So is a measly $40 worth it to drive some kickass cars online against 15 of my friends? YOU BET YOUR ASS IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey my macbooks running a dual core pentium! oh and a full version of windows XP for when I'm feeling masocistic LOL

You mean a Core 2 Duo.

The Pentium brand is only used for budget proc's now.

The question itself is nothing short of retarded.

If GT5P didn't have online play then it would've been a fair question. But the game online play...do you hear me????

ON

****-ING

LINE

That alone would've made me buy it, even if it had ONLY ONE CAR AND TWO tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<nice rant>

I like the way you think :D

wait.. wait.. You live in United States of America and 40USD is much.. ROTFL?!!! I live in a poor east-european country and PS3 games here cost 50 euros for a monthly salary of 120 euros average and even so I think GT5:Prologue totally worths 30-40 euros or so when it comes out. Only PC games are cheaper because they localized the thing for CIS countries, so they cost about 10 euros.
I'll be playing GT5:P for many many hours and then I'm going to replay it for many many hours. Why are you justified to pay 50 bucks for short action games and not for a total masterpiece like GT5, because the game is very special you know I loved it from the first time when I played it on PS1 back in '99?
On this matter here you american people like the original poster are sooo funny I tells ya, it's irritating and painful to see your complaints over this, I almost feel like I would hit the OP with a frying pan if I could for this insulting topic.

I'm willing to pay the 40 about euros for the Prologue (actually´, I´ve preordered it). In fact, I would pay 60+ euros to get it, after reading amar212's updates about THE PROLOGUE!

It's worth as much as fan's are willing to pay.

In this case, more than $40.

It's a little thing called business. They know that only fans will buy the game, and so they price it higher.

If they were aiming for the mainstream audience (ie. the same people who are going to buy just GT5), then they would lower the price.

For example, is a PS3 worth $2000? Probably not, but at the launch, people were paying that much on ebay. So, technically, if Sony was only selling to those people (fans) then they would have priced it much higher. In order to appeal to everyone, they tried to get as low as they possibly could.

It's worth as much as fan's are willing to pay.

In this case, more than $40.

It's a little thing called business. They know that only fans will buy the game, and so they price it higher.

If they were aiming for the mainstream audience (ie. the same people who are going to buy just GT5), then they would lower the price.

For example, is a PS3 worth $2000? Probably not, but at the launch, people were paying that much on ebay. So, technically, if Sony was only selling to those people (fans) then they would have priced it much higher. In order to appeal to everyone, they tried to get as low as they possibly could.

Spot on

That's why if you are into football a team shirt will cost £40.
No idea how much an American football shirt cost. I bet it's more than $40 for a genuine one though.

Back