Is tyre degradation so high in GT5 thats its unrealistic? PD read!

• Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 362 comments
Jav
Knows what Rev? What tha hell are you talking about now?
huh? your reply has nothing to do with what you said.

Your not superior to anyone in a forum and sure you can report me as much as you want , it won't change the tire wear because GT5 will always rely on real data like Le Man's.

huh? your reply has nothing to do with what you said.

Your not superior to anyone in a forum and sure you can report me as much as you want , it won't change the tire wear because GT5 will always rely on real data like Le Man's.

Ahahahahaha!!! Slowly you are coming out I missed you!

You keep replying but says nothing and I'm not reventon so you can quote as much as you want , that won't change the real tire wear.

Funny, you assume his same attitude when someone tries to reason with you.

Ok so explain this to me, how is it that F1 cars manage to do long stints on Super soft tires but yet your dearly beloved F10 can't manage 10 laps on Race softs?
Better yet! What tires in this universe just dissapear in 3 laps with experienced drivers behind the wheel?

Jav
Funny, you assume his same attitude when someone tries to reason with you.

Ok so explain this to me, how is it that F1 cars manage to do long stints on Super soft tires but yet your dearly beloved F10 can't manage 10 laps on Race softs?
Better yet! What tires in this universe just dissapear in 3 laps with experienced drivers behind the wheel?
Which circuit are you saying that disappears in 3 laps? and what suspension setting is on the car

Well last night i broke in my new GTR on 80 laps of Daytona and with the fixed sports kit suspension and stock transmission with racing soft tires i was able to get 10-13 laps in without having to compromise throttle but i did notice when i jerked my wheel making my car spin out the tires were wearing on what i would i expect to be pretty realistic... And i also turned ABS off and when i slammed on the brakes at about 65mph i think the wear was real enough considering what happened to me going down the road by my house when someone pulled out in front of me and i slammed on my brakes and they locked and there was a strip of tread missing but the tires were ok besides that strip of tread

PD needs a dedicated tire model/physics.

Check out rFactor 2 (Tire wear was accelerated to 100x for this video):

They really do. I highly doubt we will ever get a new tire model for GT5, I just hope they create a new one for GT6. What they've done now is just ridiculous.

I don't think X2011 is actual Tire saver :odd:

Just in Indy 500 miles B-spec

Tireware-1.jpg

Last edited:
Jav
They really do. I highly doubt we will ever get a new tire model for GT5, I just hope they create a new one for GT6. What they've done now is just ridiculous.

Don't give up yet! This tire wear issue is a game breaker for me and a lot of other people too; just google it and see for yourself. It shouldn't be too hard to fix... I hope LoL!

Watch DC vs GT, DC's tyres went off after a few laps in the SLS. There's much more to the grip the tyres get other than wear. Also tyres tend not to wear evenly due to suspension settings, which will affect the way they behave.

Those tyres didnt go of so to speak, they just overheated. On a R/S then maybe they would have been worn but the tyres on DC's Mercedes only oveheated, once they cooled they would be fine.
OP correct, these tyres ingame do not last as long as they should. My thoughts are PD may possibly think a lot of online races are 5 laps aprox, so forcing pit stops in these races. Well not entirely true there are many racrs done online with far more laps done.

PD READ THIS, How come your excellant GT-R R35 TC can only manage 1 lap on the Nordshliefe. DO WE REALLY need to pit every lap. Come on.

Was driving style always the same? Racing hard tires in the photos above appear to have suffered more from consumption than soft ones.

Tyre physics...GT5, what?!

That sums it up, GT5 has NO tyre physics.

- Exaggerated tire wear;
- Unrealistic grip ammounts

Many tests have confirmed that:
GT5 comfort tires - real life street tires
GT5 sport tires - real life performance tires
GT5 sport soft/racing hard tires - real life racing tires

For example, comfort hard would be something you'd find on basically Ford Ka, comfort mediums would be something you'd find on something ranging from McLaren F1 to Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG and comfort soft would be on anything ranging from SLS AMG to Ferrari Enzo.
Sport tires would represent performance tires, such as Corvette ZR1's tires (sport mediums) or Bugatti Veyron's (sport hards) or Viper ACR's (sport mediums or maybe even sport softs).
Racing tires are represented by either sport soft or racing hard, racing mediums at most.

ah!!!
cuz has ferrari enzo worst tyre than corvette zr1 in real life??? for me are the same..

I think some time prior to 2.02 attention was drawn to PD that the tyre wear is not exactly accurate, either through threads like this, suggestions, or their own findings. The most obvious being racing softs lasted longer than hards.

Upon looking into the matter they likely received advice that stated the tyres currently don't wear out enough because in real life if you lock the tyres during motorsport, i.e brake without abs you can shred the tyres in one stop, under certain conditions and in gt5 this did not happen

This was interpret and implemented in a way by PD so that even miniscule of tyre torture leading to extreme amounts of wear as seen in locking a wheel for a fair distance.

So instead of increasing tyre wear generally but managing the way softs and hards react during normal driving where softs with normal racing conditions, i.e softs last less than hards, and this including some tyre slipping here and there WHICH IS PART of normal racing, (the tyres are always pushed to the limit or a little beyond), this then lead to what we see in 2.02 and thats just an utter mess.

They fixed one thing but completely broke another.

The good news is that KAz and his team still seem dedicated to improving the game so lets not loose all hope yet they may be another revison of the tyre wear, however the bad news is its very unlikely for for PD to admit or address a mistake a second time so we may be stuck with it just for their egos sake.

Its one thing to make a mistake once but twice seems harder to admit and acknowledge.

I think the best we can hope for is a settings that allows a -Normal, -Low tyre wear option like slipstream and grip reduction.

Last edited:
i really dont see the point in comparing gt5 to real life would never be the same this used to be a great game until update 2.2 i was all in how much time you spend twiking ur setup for exp. we just finish a gt 500 champ 30 laps those of us that spend lots of time twiking were able to do 15 laps in spa with rs tyres while others over did it with camber toe susp. manage 7 to 9 . what pd should have done increase grip and life exp. of the rm and rh tyres while leaving the racing soft alone 1 or 2 laps and ur tyres are dead thas popostruos.... most people dont do 20 or 30 laps they do 5 or 3 .... i personaly think that were pd must put their att its in the online servers no more lag desc. etc .
ps
PD u just killed gt5 now im just going to box my game until these problems are resolved....

i really dont see the point in comparing gt5 to real life would never be the same this used to be a great game until update 2.2 i was all in how much time you spend twiking ur setup for exp. we just finish a gt 500 champ 30 laps those of us that spend lots of time twiking were able to do 15 laps in spa with rs tyres while others over did it with camber toe susp. manage 7 to 9 . what pd should have done increase grip and life exp. of the rm and rh tyres while leaving the racing soft alone 1 or 2 laps and ur tyres are dead thas popostruos.... most people dont do 20 or 30 laps they do 5 or 3 .... i personaly think that were pd must put their att its in the online servers no more lag desc. etc .
ps
PD u just killed gt5 now im just going to box my game until these problems are resolved....

Wow. Now that's seriously garbled. I guess there is a point somewhere in this but I will not even try to decipher it.

Oh, and in the same style: kthxbai :)

Back