Is view fixed in Sport races?

• Thread starter Jermin
  • 66 comments
Cockpit view in GTS is a waste of time, except for replays. It's nothing like driving a real car and it fills half the screen with crap.

If you want to race in that view and think it's better/faster, good for you. I don't, and I don't think I should be excluded from racing anyone because they choose to play the game differently to me.

Another thing l've been wondering is how can you control your rev limiter in cockpit view to change gear effectively.

I've noticed there is a red signal in the rev limiter when using bumper view that indicates the optimal revs to change gear. When circle of rev is closed is the optimal moment to change gear. This is very useful to me and I would like to know how to do that in cockpit because there are chances I hit the rev limiter or I change before peak of power.

I try to use the circle signal with most of cars except for the RX7 where you can extend some gears a bit more in order to gain more speed.

Cockpit view in GTS is very poor, no adjustable FOV, no seat movement, no or obscured mirrors, horrible unnatural driver hands and wheel that can't be turned off.

Bumper view is much more use able for racing.

There is for me, are you playing an older version or something?

:)

I use the "hood" camera but bring up the radar for racing and keep an eye on the time back to the car behind, the radar gives you a decent indicator once you figure it out, I'm stuck in B so have to use it (used to be in S but am getting close to A)

Thanks I wasn't aware of that, the view is still compromised for racing though as there is no virtual mirror like bumper cam, and real ones are out of view with especially with lower FOV.

You can move the seat position in the cockpit with height and front and back settings; that isn’t field of view.

FOV adjustment refers to changing a setting that is in degrees and affects the amount of the surrounding world the player can see vs how close they appear to the surrounding world. It’s kind of a trade off but if you race on a desk with a computer monitor and wheel, FOV can be pretty low like 60 °

GT Sport does not have a FOV slider but really needs one.

You can move the seat position in the cockpit with height and front and back settings; that isn’t field of view.

FOV adjustment refers to changing a setting that is in degrees and affects the amount of the surrounding world the player can see vs how close they appear to the surrounding world. It’s kind of a trade off but if you race on a desk with a computer monitor and wheel, FOV can be pretty low like 60 °

GT Sport does not have a FOV slider but really needs one.
max zoom and seat height 3 is pretty spot on my 43" equiped rig.

Back