It's time for a change.

• Thread starter Dan
  • 162 comments
Wow, that's the dumbest thing I've heard today. You know that the first people that thought the earth was round, were mocked for their beliefs too? (Not saying I'm brilliant, just stating that the amount of people believing in something doesn't make the belief more valid.)

...what i was saying is, you're obviously getting nowhere in this thread. The point of it IS to agree with it and take action. Youuuuuu're not quite getting anywhere with any of the posts. If you have a problem with what Danny was saying in the OP, then i suggest you take it elsewhere (like a PM). Nowhere in the OP did it say anything about if you disgaree, write a novel to everyone about it. This, ALL of this is way off topic.

And also, for a movement like this, The amount of followers you have does quite count. If you have no one listening to you, then what is the point of talking, darling?

Last edited:
...what i was saying is, you're obviously getting nowhere in this thread. The point of it IS to agree with it and take action. Youuuuuu're not quite getting anywhere with any of the posts. If you have a problem with what Danny was saying in the OP, then i suggest you take it elsewhere (like a PM). Nowhere in the OP did it say anything about if you disgaree, write a novel to everyone about it. This, ALL of this is way off topic.

And also, for a movement like this, The amount of followers you have does quite count. If you have no one listening to you, then what is the point of talking, darling?

I am open to discuss this, as long as you are being civil and rational.
I'm saying this thread should go nowhere. It's basically saying: Do what you want, do what you like.

I definitely disagree with that, so... You can't bring up a thread and tell people not to disagree. :/

I do see the hassle. Because some people don't kick fast enough and allow people to **** up drifters not just once but 3 or 4 times. Or hosts go afk, etc etc...

Well then these are poor hosts and you haven't joined a proper GTP server once and awhile.

I don't, I do care when people start saying that using Le Mans cars is a good thing to do, or learning in 4WD makes sense..

And we never stated either of these is the best way, but people can do it because they're allowed to and whatever is more comfortable and easier for them.

All you can do is suggest what to use. And still you're not doing it. I'm suggesting, very purposely, for drifters to go CH RWD, between 250 and 400 HP, depending on the car.

Well... this is stating a singular way on how to drift and this is very awkward.

Well, maybe it's because you actually need to listen to your grandmother once in a while.

Just because you're probably older and are wiser etc. doesn't mean that they're always right :rolleyes:

1)
Hypocrisy :
"the act or state of pretending to be better than one is or to have feelings or beliefs which one does not actually have."

I don't tell you I'm better. I just tell you that telling other people to use whatever car they want, isn't the way to go.

2) Certain: specific but not explicitly named or stated. Perfect use of the word certain on my part, why link a dictionary?

Because you say you have one perspective on how drifting should be done and don't listen to others even though they still work.

Point being, Tommi Makinen is an extremely good driver, and still needs to learn to drift because he didn't learn properly. Whereas Daigo HAS learned properly. Thanks for proving my own point for me.

:lol:

He still needs to learn how to drift, come back to me when you watch some of his clips.

He drove on different terrain and a different drivetrain, he'll still be able to drift in a RWD.

#KDF

Last edited:
Well then these are poor hosts and you haven't joined a proper GTP server once and awhile.

Nope, I haven't. Even GTP servers lack in my opinion.

And we never stated either of these is the best way, but people can do it because they're allowed to and whatever is more comfortable and easier for them.

This is exactly the point: "How do I drift guys?" "Do whatever you want, do what is easiest for you, that is definitely the best way for you to learn."

Well... this is stating a singular way on how to drift and this is very awkward.

As awkward as me having to tell you that RWD is the only way to go if you want to teach people proper drifting techniques?

Just because you're probably older and are wiser etc. doesn't mean that they're always right :rolleyes:

Agreed, but I'm probably not even older than you are. Age doesn't matter in my opinion, it is how people think that matters.

Because you say you have one perspective on how drifting should be done and don't listen to others even though they still work.

But this is it. It does NOT work. Telling people to use Veyrons, R34's, etc. to learn to drift in is not right.

WHY do you think the Allstars Driving Academy for example, or the ProDrift Avcademy, (I could name some more) .. use rear wheel drive cars for people to learn to drift? Do you really think they are wrong?

:lol:
He still needs to learn how to drift, come back to me when you watch some of his clips.

He drove on different terrain and a different drivetrain, he'll still be able to drift in a RWD.

#KDF

I will link you a videoclip of a GT500 driver, whom they asked to drift a fully prepped car. He needed 3 tries to get around a corner, and when he managed to do so he missed 3 out of 4 clipping points. Makinen, is a great driver, but he isn't a drifter.

I'm linking my own post to make something a lot more obvious where your miss-assumption lies.

Powersliding is putting the vehicle in turn with the rear end hung out to help you go around the curve a little faster - you are never lifting off while turning and powering out of the curve: In other words a 'powered slide' around the corner.

Drifting is somewhat similar, but the main objective is to show style, and hang the back end out as far as you can and still get the vehicle around the corner, by controlling the back end with controlled imputs, including lifting off.

One is for 'efficiency', one is for style. ;)

Nope, I haven't. Even GTP servers lack in my opinion.

There lies your problem.

This is exactly the point: "How do I drift guys?" "Do whatever you want, do what is easiest for you, that is definitely the best way for you to learn."

Well worked for me, don't see anyone else complaining about learning through different ways.

As awkward as me having to tell you that RWD is the only way to go if you want to teach people proper drifting techniques?

Well pretty sure all basic techniques of drifting can be applied on any car.

Agreed, but I'm probably not even older than you are. Age doesn't matter in my opinion, it is how people think that matters.

And everyone else here is thinking the same around here except for you, what's your point here?

But this is it. It does NOT work. Telling people to use Veyrons, R34's, etc. to learn to drift in is not right.

WHY do you think the Allstars Driving Academy for example, or the ProDrift Avcademy, (I could name some more) .. use rear wheel drive cars for people to learn to drift? Do you really think they are wrong?

You're going on as if people in the drifting forum say this to beginners, you're talking to the wrong crowd here.

They use it because it's probably cost effective and they're a business. Jokes aside it's because how they learnt, but hell I'm sure if someone wanted to open a 4WD drifting acadmey they'd find a way.

I will link you a videoclip of a GT500 driver, whom they asked to drift a fully prepped car. He needed 3 tries to get around a corner, and when he managed to do so he missed 3 out of 4 clipping points. Makinen, is a great driver, but he isn't a drifter.

I'm linking my own post to make something a lot more obvious where your miss-assumption lies.

Why are you trying to differentiate powersliding and drifting, they're virtually the same thing except in one type you carry more speed.

Powersliding is just a different style of drifting is what I'm gonna assume most people think around here.

Hey Gonales, I think I've been reading long enough. Besides, I'm learning from what you said:

No, just that I hate stupidity.

I do too! And that's why I quote you below.

Oh that post? :rolleyes: I might as well respond again since you refused to answer last time. So again, how is one solely functional and the other for form?

So again, how is one solely functional and the other for form?

One is used to get around a corner as quick as possible, used in rallying, dirt oval racing, timed events etc. hence sometimes being more efficient and quicker than gripping around a corner.

The other is to throw the car out with as much angle as possible without sacrificing too much speed, hitting clipping points, giving a overall wow factor and pushing the car to its absolute limit.

As far as I'm concerned, there is a fine line. To clarify why your answer was not relevant was because you simply restated what Gonales had already said.

As far as I'm concerned, there is a fine line. To clarify why your answer was not relevant was because you simply restated what Gonales had already said.

Well sorry but I didn't see that she'd already posted what I've said, I posted it because I thought you wanted to know the difference between the two that's all.

One is used to get around a corner as quick as possible, used in rallying, dirt oval racing, timed events etc. hence sometimes being more efficient and quicker than gripping around a corner.

The other is to throw the car out with as much angle as possible without sacrificing too much speed, hitting clipping points, giving a overall wow factor and pushing the car to its absolute limit.

Thanks for trying, but don't bother. If they don't know by now, I shouldn't be teaching them. ;)

Thanks for trying, but don't bother. If they don't know by now, I shouldn't be teaching them. ;)

IMO no one should be teaching anyone,
find a basic tune, adjust it accordingly to your style and practice practice practice

So, because I don't follow your ways I don't know anything? I see. What an assumption.

It's not like I don't drift FR with CH tires, anyways. Every now and then I do.

Oh yeah? Kind of stupid trying to teach somebody else when you don't know anything.
Dude can you just back off! You have you're opinion, and we all respect that,even if we don't agree with you, we still respect you, so please respect others even tho you don't like there perspective.. And please stop replying and finding excuse to comments or whatsoever before the thread gets lock! If you don't agree with OP or have anything constructive to say don't comment simple as that.. Jeez this thread was made to make a movement..

Back