It's time for a change.

• Thread starter Dan
  • 162 comments
Dude can you just back off! You have you're opinion, and we all respect that,even if we don't agree with you, we still respect you, so please respect others even tho you don't like there perspective.. And please stop replying and finding excuse to comments or whatsoever before the thread gets lock! If you don't agree with OP or have anything constructive to say don't comment simple as that.. Jeez this thread was made to make a movement..

Like I said before. Thread is still on topic, so won't get locked. Even if it does, I really don't care.
The fact that you guys think it's a 'movement' and shouldn't be opposed, doesn't make sense either. If you read my posts, you should have certainly realised there is enough constructive criticism there. :/

Like I said before. Thread is still on topic, so won't get locked. Even if it does, I really don't care.
The fact that you guys think it's a 'movement' and shouldn't be opposed, doesn't make sense either. If you read my posts, you should have certainly realised there is enough constructive criticism there. :/
.....minus the constructive part.

When I first started drifting I really tried to stay away from "pros" because they would blame every one of their mistakes on others. Now I see this happen even more and new drifters are almost never playing online because of this.
Since they are not playing online they are not practicing tandeming, one of the most important parts of being a good drifter. I hope that these acts of unkindness will come to a stop. P.S This may be too rant like.

I used to drift a Black Matt EVO 4 back on 2011. And if it wasn't by @Blitz. I would still. We all have to start somewhere. IMO, the new guys are even afraid of getting into here. And yes, many of them lack track manners, but If I'm in a lobby and someone unknown hits me (as long as he isn't a rammer, or tries to mess up someone's tandem) I'm not going mad. As long as he/she apologises I'm cool. And if they don't I just tell them what they did wrong. It's just a bloody game holy crap... So yeah. It's time for a change.

Last edited:
How has this thread not been locked?

Kill it, kill it with fire!

The Original Post isn't abusive, isn't off-topic for the drift forum and is meant to be constructive rather than destructive. We're content to leave it open so long as the threadstarter wishes it remain open.

Individual posts in this thread that are off-topic, argumentative for no good reason or simply trollish may be deleted if necessary. Please use the report button if necessary.

The Original Post isn't abusive, isn't off-topic for the drift forum and is meant to be constructive rather than destructive. We're content to leave it open so long as the threadstarter wishes it remain open.

Individual posts in this thread that are off-topic, argumentative for no good reason or simply trollish may be deleted if necessary. Please use the report button if necessary.

You win a whole Internet for that. 👍

I will link you a videoclip of a GT500 driver, whom they asked to drift a fully prepped car. He needed 3 tries to get around a corner, and when he managed to do so he missed 3 out of 4 clipping points. Makinen, is a great driver, but he isn't a drifter.

I posted this ;

Now, I'm not saying GT6 is 100% realistic, or anything like that.

I stumbled across some footage of a GT500 driver trying his hand at drifting.
Start at 8:30 if the auto link doesn't work.

Now, I think this is quite convincing evidence that even top, skilled drivers can't just get it right first time.

Someone once posted a video of Chris Harris sliding around in a 458 asking why they can't do the same on GT.

Practice my friends, it will come.

In this thread.

It shows that drifting is not easy.

It doesn't in any way prove that Tommy makinen can't drift.

In my opinion your a fool for doubting his ability.

Who are you again?

I do not want to sound rude, but Dan if a room is restricted to RWD only there is no need for the people whining about regulations. I personally set my rooms to RWD and Comfort Hard because that is what me and my team see as realistic. Sure it may seem rude to say "no" to someone, but when they see a room that very clearly says "RWD/CH drifting" there should never be the question of restrictions. When a room is made it is up to the hosts decision, not the other 15 people in the room.

I personally do not know what rooms you all join that these problems arise, but I can assure you that RSM is staying out of it. The only reason this section is a "laughing stock" is the fact that threads like this one always end in a huge argument. When you go to a drift event in real life I do not care what series, track, etc. you do not see any arguments.

How about we all just do what we are in this section for and enjoy it. I am not even going to end this with KDF because everyone around here seems to not know the true meaning.

@Eric1512 I understand you completely. I respect a host's decision to regulate the cars in their lobby. But the elitism and general awful attitude towards new players and players who use different cars is unacceptable.

I do not want to sound rude, but Dan if a room is restricted to RWD only there is no need for the people whining about regulations. I personally set my rooms to RWD and Comfort Hard because that is what me and my team see as realistic. Sure it may seem rude to say "no" to someone, but when they see a room that very clearly says "RWD/CH drifting" there should never be the question of restrictions. When a room is made it is up to the hosts decision, not the other 15 people in the room.

You see, most of us if not all of us know this. There are a number of rooms that do not have specified titles or restrictions placed in the rooms and that's where the problems are created. We all understand how to follow rules, but of course when they're clearly not specified or given it's just a factor of "I guess I can do this then."

Yes, when someone does come in to a room much like the one you defined and they ask such a question, of course the answer would most likely be no. But then that's the end of it, it's not like it would be a recurring problem in such a room. Unless of course the "offender" is a child and pleads for change. That's just annoying, it's like walking into a room and demanding the performance points to be changed every 2 minutes. Understandable.

I personally do not know what rooms you all join that these problems arise, but I can assure you that RSM is staying out of it. The only reason this section is a "laughing stock" is the fact that threads like this one always end in a huge argument. When you go to a drift event in real life I do not care what series, track, etc. you do not see any arguments.

Trust me, it isn't these kinds of threads that put the section in the ditch.

How about we all just do what we are in this section for and enjoy it. I am not even going to end this with KDF because everyone around here seems to not know the true meaning.

Oh preach to us the true meaning! I would ever be so pleased to hear it! Gonales last attempt at this was pitiful and I'd like to know if you're along the same mentality.

@Eric1512 I understand you completely. I respect a host's decision to regulate the cars in their lobby. But the elitism and general awful attitude towards new players and players who use different cars is unacceptable.

From what i see is a lot of the online community comes into a room and blames they cant drift because of the track or that their car isnt setup for CH. so when people actually give them advice they still complain. Seen this happen today in Push's room. The most important mod on a car is the driver and their attitude. ive also noticed alot of people holding comps that have no clue what they are doing, thats what annoys me the most more then when anyone else is driving.

From what i see is a lot of the online community comes into a room and blames they cant drift because of the track or that their car isnt setup for CH. so when people actually give them advice they still complain. Seen this happen today in Push's room. The most important mod on a car is the driver and their attitude. ive also noticed alot of people holding comps that have no clue what they are doing, thats what annoys me the most more then when anyone else is driving.
Exactly. I cannot stand public comps because most of those people have zero experience when it comes to hosting a competition.

........ Seen this happen today in Push's room. The most important mod on a car is the driver and their attitude.........

Very we'll said!! It's almost poetic :)

Oh preach to us the true meaning! I would ever be so pleased to hear it! Gonales last attempt at this was pitiful and I'd like to know if you're along the same mentality.

I don't think KDF can really be defined, as it means something slightly different to all of us.

That said, I've know @Eric1512 for a couple of years now, and in my opinion, is one of those who embodies what KDF is to me...always down to have some fun, always willing to help out those who ask, makes a genuine effort to give back to the community, and always seems to have a smile on his face (a "virtual smile" I guess lol)...and the dude can knock knock with the best of them :sly:

Last edited:
I don't think KDF can really be defined, as it means something slightly different to all of us.

I'm sorry if I may be mistaken, and if so I apologize for the hostilities, but it appeared to me as he wasn't necessarily speaking of KDF.

I never said anything about KDF mate. ;) No need to put words in my mouth that aren't there.

I posted this ;

In this thread.

It shows that drifting is not easy.

It doesn't in any way prove that Tommy makinen can't drift.

In my opinion your a fool for doubting his ability.

Who are you again?

It shows that drifting is hard, agreed. It shows, that no matter how skilled a driver is, it does not mean they are a good drifter. (Or vice versa for that matter.)

It shows, that when people learn to drift with an FR car and the right kind of methods, they will have huge advantages over someone who learns to drift with 4WD on sports softs.

And you assume it's me being elitist, right? You don't know me.

I hate it when people (who are experienced) tell other people that it doesn't matter what car they drive. Of course it matters. Everything matters. From drivetrain, to tires, to the damn differential. Frankly, when it comes to a tune I can tell by watching someone drift if they locked their diff or not. Or if they are using other tire compounds. And drifting is about being as closely matched as possible. That's what makes it fun.

I never said anything about KDF mate. ;) No need to put words in my mouth that aren't there.

It shows that drifting is hard, agreed. It shows, that no matter how skilled a driver is, it does not mean they are a good drifter. (Or vice versa for that matter.)

It shows, that when people learn to drift with an FR car and the right kind of methods, they will have huge advantages over someone who learns to drift with 4WD on sports softs.

And you assume it's me being elitist, right? You don't know me.

I hate it when people (who are experienced) tell other people that it doesn't matter what car they drive. Of course it matters. Everything matters. From drivetrain, to tires, to the damn differential. Frankly, when it comes to a tune I can tell by watching someone drift if they locked their diff or not. Or if they are using other tire compounds. And drifting is about being as closely matched as possible. That's what makes it fun.
Well, no.

It shows that drifting is hard, yes.

It's an example with a GT500 driver, ie, not cars that are always in a state of slide.

Who ever said Tommy makinen has only ever rallied 4wd cars?

I'm pretty sure a rally driver like Tommy, can't think of anything more fun than taking a 70s-80s rwd rally car and throwing it sideways through a forest.

Big difference between that and a GT500 driver, who has spent most of his time minimising slip, and reacting to oversteer in a way that neutralises it immediately.

Sliding around in a 4wd car on gt6, is, in my opinion, not drifting.

We all know what proper drifting is, and any serious drifter wouldn't kid themselves otherwise.

But sliding a 4wd car can be fun, lots of fun in fact.

Fun is subjective if you didn't realise, so if I want to slide 4wd and have fun, I will.

Please, just stop now.

I learned in an EVO4 on early 2011. And it's been a long way yeah, but it was FUN. And no, it wasn't a disadvantage learning to drift on it. As I said we all have to start somewhere. But yeah, when GT5 released the whole community was a lot more comprehensive, as they wouldn't tell you nothing at all if you drifted a 4WD, as long as you drifted it, you would be fine. But those were old times... Less prejudices I guess.

Frankly, when it comes to a tune I can tell by watching someone drift if they locked their diff or not. Or if they are using other tire compounds. And drifting is about being as closely matched as possible. That's what makes it fun.
yeeaaaaa right. I have a vid in the vid thread, you are welcome to give it a shot.

Drifting is not about being closely matched as possible (in comps yea, but eewwww). Whether inches or 10 feet apart, It's the fun that makes drifting what it is. I randomly came across two others while out streeting one night. One car had an rb25, the other had an sr, and all I had was a little KA24de(130hp on a good day) that could. I could not keep up, I refused to let them follow me, yet we all had a blast because of the sense of together-ness. Strangers who randomly found each other and made a serious night of practice, a fun night of eating and drifting.

Look at my post above yours.

Not trying to argue, but I'm not so sure that was a fair video. It's a 1000hp GT-R that was never meant to be drifted. The results would be much better if he were in a drift prepped vehicle.

And you assume it's me being elitist, right? You don't know me

I can't be laughing any harder than I am now. Seriously? Think about what you just said.

I hate it when people (who are experienced) tell other people that it doesn't matter what car they drive. Of course it matters. Everything matters. From drivetrain, to tires, to the damn differential. Frankly, when it comes to a tune I can tell by watching someone drift if they locked their diff or not. Or if they are using other tire compounds.

You have no control on how other people play their games, so I recommend realizing that fact and stop this nonsense. They can play however they want to, it's not up to you or anyone but them.

And drifting is about being as closely matched as possible. That's what makes it fun.

Fun for you. How close-minded you're being again.

Back