JGTC Exhibition Week 1: High Speed Ring*Results*

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 359 comments
Name: Thunderbolt101
Class: GT300
# of choice(list top 3): #74, #88, #55
Car: Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Team: Flying Lizards Team (i'm racing on my own)

i'm expecting the GT300 class to be really competitive so looking foward to this.

Last edited:
I'm interested in entering, but my only two cars that fit into the JGTC is the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03 and the ARTA Honda NSX '01, neither which are on the official list, is there a particular reason why those 2 cars are excluded?

Send a pm to Justin about both cars.

I'm hitting 1:06.3XX also, and I can see that 1:05.XXX :crazy: I'm averaging 1:06.8XX. This is just in Time Trials for qualification. Faster laps during the race with a little drafting should be done.

I haven't touched the setting above tweaking the DF a little bit, Ill do more laps with some tuning tomorrow.

I haven't entered yet but I will officially tomorrow.

Although this is true about qualification, we still get points. Something I learned to late with my time attack league, don't get sloppy or you'll trail in points when you really need to climb back up the ladder. When does the qualify session end Justin, just curious. I wonder if I tweak some more settings if I can push in to the low 1'05's before the session is over.

Edit.

Nevermind mind its 8th - 11th for Qualifying and 12th - 14th for Race Days.

I'm interested in entering, but my only two cars that fit into the JGTC is the Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03 and the ARTA Honda NSX '01, neither which are on the official list, is there a particular reason why those 2 cars are excluded?

They have both been added, thanks for pointing that out.

I will update the teams and stuff when I get home from work.

Name: Lion-Face
Class: GT500
# of choice(list top 3): 73, 74, 08
Car: Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R 03
Team:

I'll just stick to GT500 for now, tempted to run both but afraid I won't be able to put in the time to do both justice. See how we go, this should be great!

Name: Broth3r
Class: GT500
# of choice(list top 3): 95, 15, 74
Car: Honda Raybrig NSX '00 (will probably change for the main series)
Team:

Name: JToipa
Class: GT300
# of choice(list top 3): #15, #17, #31
Car: Toyota WedsSport Celica '03
Team: None (yet)

Also, can we use whatever tyres we want? D: I have been practicing for 2 days with R1's -.-

I have a question... what's the difference between R1, R2, and R3? I always assumed that R3 had more grip than R2, and R2 had more grip than R1... am I right?

Oh, and I've been practising already... I'm not feeling that much comfortable here, and I'm no tunning wizard, either... I wonder if I do have room to improve?

Although this is true about qualification, we still get points. Something I learned to late with my time attack league, don't get sloppy or you'll trail in points when you really need to climb back up the ladder. When does the qualify session end Justin, just curious. I wonder if I tweak some more settings if I can push in to the low 1'05's before the session is over.

Edit.

Nevermind mind its 8th - 11th for Qualifying and 12th - 14th for Race Days.

I'm not following. I get the way points work, I just don't get the reference.

ok my best time with the S2000 LM was 1'12.405
Snapshot_20091109_1.jpg

but there's still room for improvement

what reference are you referring to?

"This is just in Time Trials for qualification."

I thought that you thought that it wasn't a big deal, why I made the statement about the points and not to get lazy during the season. Nevermind haha

@ Thunder

I believe you need a picture of your ghost for your time to count for the qualifying session as shown in page 1.

1'05.965

IMG_2214.jpg

Broke into 1'05.819 this morning.

Last edited:
my camera effing sucks, i was able to break the 1'05 barrier with the xanavi nismo...the key is the first and last corner, hit the apex a little later and you can glide through it

the other cars are ones i was previously thinking of using

the time says 1'05.468

001.jpg

oh wait, the race has to be the ghost? **** i didnt think to save it, im going to need to clear space on my memory card

EDIT: also to justin, the xanavi nismo only has one number, and its 23

I am not doubting nickguy, he competes in my Time Attack Challenge and hasn't lied about any of his times. And that goes for anyone else who is competing with me in the TAC.

its cool, ill just re do it and take a ghost replay pic

EDIT: me and silver sylph have a team name now

Name: NickGuy
Class:500
# of choice(list top 3):23
Car: Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R '01
Team: Dynamischer Vorteil Autosport-currently me and silver-sylph

What about the
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R Race Car '93 it was part of the JGTC "ALONG TIME AGO >>BACK IN 93"

Problem is that it is nearly 600 HP and it is 4WD/AWD... JGTC only allowed FR cars and limited the cars to around 500 HP (for GT500).

Nick, I assume that is a camera phone, right?

Try adding more light (maybe place it on a table below a lamp?) and also try to brace your hand against something while snapping the picture. I know I have to take, on average, about three shots before I get one that is clear enough to see.

:)

Please don't take my S2000 LM race car away. Such a well balanced car.

I think the Honda S2000 LM race car is fine for this league. I gave it a whirl for a while last night and it is competitive, but doesn't leave the JGTC cars in the dust... so I think it's inclusion is perfectly fine here.

👍

I think the Honda S2000 LM race car is fine for this league. I gave it a whirl for a while last night and it is competitive, but doesn't leave the JGTC cars in the dust... so I think it's inclusion is perfectly fine here.

👍

Thanks man, that really means a lot. And about the Calsonic R32, well that's quite a beast and obviously shouldn't be able to enter this series.

Just a note to the racers: if you save your Time Trial ghost, not only will you have something to 'race' against in qualifying, but we'll be able to verify what track you are on (kind of important!).

:)

I was doing some time trials with my celica and im trying to break the 1.10 barrier. So far at a 1:11.1xx. I hardly believe i could do it as my settings are dialed in but the one spot i could shave .100 off is those esses.

Back