JGTC Exhibition Week 1: High Speed Ring*Results*

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 359 comments
Also, want to say that if there are any teams willing to pick up a crew member to their team, I'm all for it. My AIM is gnsnprwldwsl, and I aim to really become dedicated to the game. Let me know guys!

Team Dynamischer Vorteil Autosport has one spot left to join just PM Nickguy

Thanks for the thanks Justin even though I didn't do anything I don't think. This was 100 percent on your own :) But read your pm when you get a chance.

Thanks for the thanks Justin even though I didn't do anything I don't think. This was 100 percent on your own :) But read your pm when you get a chance.
You helped answer some questions in the interest threads.

Just double checking,
Race in Time Trials, post best lap time with screenshot and watermarked username.

The 'Time Trials' will be used for qualifying (that lasts four days). You can take either a screenshot (if you have that capability) or a picture with a digital camera. I suggest you save your best time as a 'ghost' and then take the photo of the ghost replay in the 'Replay Theater'. Of, if you aren't currently in the game, you can go to 'Saved Data' in your PSP's main screen and hit triangle on your replay. That brings up the information that allows us to see the physics setting, time, car, track, etc. - if you choose the camera route, you can just rip a piece of paper and write your name on it.

Then race against S-Class AI and post screenshot up of that?

Yes, for the last three days of the week (which is the actual 'race'). Just snap a pic of the post-race screen with your time and submit it before the race week ends. Justin, the series organizer, has requested that we all PM him our final times (I'm assuming he wants the pictures sent to him to verify). We all will want to save a replay of our race in case anyone questions our times or thinks we might have cheated.

First competition that I want to join and I hope that I'll do good.

Also, want to say that if there are any teams willing to pick up a crew member to their team, I'm all for it. My AIM is gnsnprwldwsl, and I aim to really become dedicated to the game. Let me know guys!

You'll do just fine! Welcome to the competition!

I'm sure there will openings on teams, but we all have the next two weeks (the exhibition races) to finalize our car choices and teams lineups before the regular season starts.

:)

EDIT - I just noticed something... viewing the ghost data in the Replay Theater screen or in the Saved Data Utility (without hitting triangle to view 'info') doesn't show the physics setting or the tire choice because the JGTC cars have such long names that the other data is pushed off-screen. Now the tire choice doesn't matter, but the making sure that 'professional' is chosen (and verifying the track) is very important. I would highly suggest that we all start using the ghost replay info screen via the Saved Data Utility to take our pictures or screenshots so all the pertinent information is at hand.

Last edited:
I've tried using manual on the PSP but it just feels very unnatural. I may give it another go though since I need some better times.

In related news, it's a good thing I don't care how I do in this league(I would rather focus on running it) as my best time thus far for GT300 is 1:14.250.:guilty:

Edit:I feel a little better as I have gotten it down to 1:13.486, still a ways off though.

Last edited:
It's really a learning experience for the host beyond anything else. Learn from some of the fastest members who compete to better yourself as a whole. I might be competing in GT300 as well if Justin will read his message ;) Take care everyone, going to the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Launch Night with a bunch of friends.

Thats just wicked fast, but nice job although auto is wimpy:sly:
I've tried using manual, but on the PSP it just doesn't feel right even with gear shifting assigned to the shoulder buttons. When using manual I become more focused on being in the right gear than taking the corner properly:crazy:

So far am getting times of approximately:

GT500: 1:05.8xx (+5 downforce front and rear) (stock)
GT300: 1:10.9xx (stock)

I will obviously send screenshots and what cars I've picked to use once I have my official time that I'm happy with

EDIT: I seem to be slower if I try and change any settings. Tuning isn't for me.

Last edited:
Well putting downforce aside I have tried increasing/decreasing everything including damper, camber, spring rate and toe. Most I adjust is 2-4 notches each way and I usually will only make one change but sometimes if I'm changing damper I'll adjust the spring rate as well.

Usually the result is either exact same time or slower. Even if I manage a tenth faster it is usually just me taking a certain corner better not the car gripping more or performing better.

Name: psp88
Class: GT500
# of choice: 88, 11, 22
Car: Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra '03
Team:
-------------------

can someone point me to where the Basic Online rules are?

Name:Addict3d
Class:GT500
# of choice(list top 3): 64, 20, 18
Car:Honda Mobil1 NSX '01
Team:

---------------------------

Hope it's not too late to participate :)

EDIT:

Just got 1'07.728 on the first try on auto. . later i'll try on manual to see what i can do :D
4091896535_fe8d97ff45.jpg

Last edited:
Name: psp88
Class: GT500
# of choice: 88, 11, 22
Car: Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra '03
Team:
-------------------

can someone point me to where the Basic Online rules are?

Basically, play fair, don't punt the AI stuff like that.

Here are my times. My times are the top and bottom. The middle two were just part of trying cars out.

img0064vm.jpg

EDIT: Just got a 1'10.235 in the Celica.

Last edited:
Name: Emu76
Class: GT300
# of choice(list top 3): #76 / #72 / #22
Car: Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car
Team:

I probably won't make this first High Speed Ring round, but I should be good for the regular season :)

so i went to re-do it...and i couldnt get back under 1'06. its that fuggin last corner, ignore the drivers line. if you go into it too early youll just hit the wall late, and if you do the reverse and go to late you wont be able to get down at the apex and youll hit against the wall. anyways, heres my ****** phone pics, the time is supposed to be saying 1'06.057, and ill upload the ghost too in a second.

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BD32E07C100.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Dayum, I can barely hit 1'13".

You guys are insane !

It's all about the first turn (you can take it full-throttle if you hit the turn at just the right angle and at the right time) and the last turn (I'm still trying to find the right braking point and the perfect spot to turn late into the apex - doing so will allow you to carry a lot of speed into the final straight). I'm still trying to figure it out myself - lot of room for improvement on my end!

👍

It's all about the first turn (you can take it full-throttle if you hit the turn at just the right angle and at the right time) and the last turn (I'm still trying to find the right braking point and the perfect spot to turn late into the apex - doing so will allow you to carry a lot of speed into the final straight). I'm still trying to figure it out myself - lot of room for improvement on my end!

👍

exactly, its the first and last turns that will make your time

I'm also quite in trouble to keep up :)
I can barley hit 1.06.1 with the 500 and 1.13.5 with the 300 :scared:
all of you guys are wicked fast, it's a real pleasure to be racing here 👍

Back