JSTC GT400 (GT300) Season 2 - Winter Test Session 2/9/13 4pm Pst

  • Thread starter Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 1,074 comments
  • 42,803 views

Race Distance (km)

  • 175km

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • 200km

    Votes: 9 42.9%
  • 220km

    Votes: 7 33.3%

  • Total voters
    21
01 Phil Bell / Premium RX-7
02 FreshSeth83 / Standard Subaru
03 JoeTruckV8 / Cusco Subaru '08
04 Rosckolove / Standard RX-7
05 TnT 2000 (boom) / Cusco Subaru 08
06 TylerJDallas
07 Bazzer
08 Willfred_1
09 Racefan_88
10 SkengD
11 ZachAK47
12 Cam From NJ
13 twistedfirwork
14 Calum.McHale
15 XxShaggyxX

Tyler hasn't withdraw resignation so he will be skipped.

Next up : Bazzer

If we're still doing it this way lol
 
Tyler is still a reserve so should still get his pick.
 
Are reserves actually included in the chassis limit?

And I just realized, why does TnT have a boom next to his name? :lol:
 
Tyler is still a reserve so should still get his pick.

Note on the video Joe says "if he withdraws his withdrawal".

Reserve drivers do not contribute towards the team chassis and they will not eligable to score points in the team championship.
 
Note on the video Joe says "if he withdraws his withdrawal".

Reserve drivers do not contribute towards the team chassis and they will not eligable to score points in the team championship.

I'm in the middle of the woods having a relaxing break and the internet is so bad it wouldn't buffer the video :grumpy: so didn't get to see it!

I'll give my choice on saturday!
 
I'm in the middle of the woods having a relaxing break and the internet is so bad it wouldn't buffer the video :grumpy: so didn't get to see it!

I'll give my choice on saturday!

No problem mate

You have until the end of Saturday to select :P, try not to forget
 
Are reserves actually included in the chassis limit?

And I just realized, why does TnT have a boom next to his name? :lol:

Joe's way of having fun with my name lol.
T-n-T = Dynomite. You know, "BOOM" lol

It's an AC/DC song man. Plus it's mine and the wifes initials and we got married in 2000

Plus when I get next to someone in the race they go "boom" looool

Did We ever vote on this yet? I would like to vote for Scenario #2

joetruckv8
Season 2 Car Regulations:

Scenario 1:: Slow down Arta from being noticeably the fastest car on grid
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya <---- Fastest Car on Grid
Everything allowed
364 hp <---- 10hp reduction
1180 kg

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
394 hp <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta
1160 kg

Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01 (Standard) <----Slowest Car on Grid
Unrestricted tune <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '04 <---- On Pace
Engine Stage 3 tune NOT allowed
Everything else allowed
374 hp <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta
1170 kg

RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06 <---- On Pace
Engine Stage 3 tune NOT allowed
Everything else allowed
374 hp <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta
1170 kg

Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU '08 <----Slowest Car on Grid
Unrestricted tune <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta

Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '03 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
384 hp <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta
1140 kg

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
374 hp <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta
1160 kg

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
364 hp <---- No Gain on Field Except Arta
1180 kg

Scenario 2: Brings Silvia/Subaru '08 more into pace w/ field
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya <---- Fastest Car on Grid
Everything allowed
364 hp <---- 10hp reduction <---- Equalizes Pace w/ the Field
1190 kg <---- 10kg increase <---- Losses Pace to Silvia/Subaru

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
394 hp
1180 kg <---- 10kg increase

Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01 (Standard) <----Slowest Car on Grid
Unrestricted tune <---- Gains 10kg more pace on Field

RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '04 <---- On Pace
Engine Stage 3 tune NOT allowed
Everything else allowed
374 hp
1180 kg <---- 10kg increase

RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06 <---- On Pace
Engine Stage 3 tune NOT allowed
Everything else allowed
374 hp
1180 kg <---- 10kg increase

Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU '08 <----Slowest Car on Grid
Unrestricted tune <---- Gains 10kg more pace on Field

Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '03 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
384 hp
1150 kg <---- 10kg increase

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
374 hp
1170 kg <---- 10kg increase

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03 <---- On Pace
Everything allowed
364 hp
1190 kg <---- 10kg increase
 
Last edited:
I assumed we were doing scenario 1. I know thats what we tested last weekend. Are we testing this weekend with scenario 2?
 
joe messaged saying were using scenario one
 
joe messaged saying were using scenario one

Sounds good also.
I wasn't here last Saturday to know if they ran both scenario's or not. If Joe made the choice for scenario 1, then cool.

Tire usage for the race. I think Joe should decide what tire compound will be used for each weekend. Then we qualify on them. 👍
 
Sounds good also.
I wasn't here last Saturday to know if they ran both scenario's or not. If Joe made the choice for scenario 1, then cool.

Tire usage for the race. I think Joe should decide what tire compound will be used for each weekend. Then we qualify on them. 👍

We're using both tyre compounds each week so people can choose a strategy that might pull off a surprise.
 
We never took a vote on it. I felt the test session was somewhat incomplete, but we can take a vote just to make sure. Thank you guys for bring this up!

Car Reg Poll:
Scenario 1: 👍
Scenario 2: 👎

After winter testing I felt the Silvia could hold its own, and if we end up going with scenario 2 it would just help out the Silvia even more. If I would of not formed an alliance with some buddies of mine in the Cusco chassis, I for sure would have picked the Razo Silvia for Season 2 just to make a point. I don't believe its as slow as people think. And I'm only mid-pack speed granted I won a round at Monza.

JoeTruckV8 👎 (of course)
 
when can i pick my car
 
when can i pick my car

The only car that could get maxed out with my choice is the 08' Subaru. So if your not planning on picking that you could choose your car but if you are planning for that you will have to wait until i pick my car just to make sure i don't take it.
 
I doubt anyone will use the silvia so scenario 1 tup
 
Tup scenario 1
 
dont pick the only car car i can drive competitively bazz

@joe i've always wanted to be a stewart. is this a joe only Americanism
 
Last edited:
👎 Scenario 2.

Will wait for the end result before I pick my car.
 
You know my vote,
Scenario 2 👎

Hey Joe,
We could always switch to the Silvia lol. Just kidding. I want another season in the Subaru, then maybe try another car for season 3. :)
 
Last edited:
If you do negative toe at the rear like -.40 and .05 for the front, it helps a lot with the turn in on the silvia.

I still think running fuel tire wear on FAST for qualifying is a good idea. And 5 laps. Be honest, when you run the race, your tires aren't going anywhere downhill until lap 8 or 9. So 5 laps on FAST won't kill them. That's just my way of getting the cars to burn their fuel faster, and each lap you'll definitely get faster. Whether we go Normal tire wear in qualifying is fine. I'm just suggesting it. If you try it you'll see what I mean about the fuel depletion.
 
Guys... Considering car choices have been made on the assumption it's scenario 1, is not not abit unfair on the first 6 guys who've already picked? Just saying some people might have chosen different cars

Also Bazzer, you still have until late afternoon Saturday to chose your car, regardless of whether or not this vote has been counted ;) :P
 
If you do negative toe at the rear like -.40 and .05 for the front, it helps a lot with the turn in on the silvia.

I still think running fuel tire wear on FAST for qualifying is a good idea. And 5 laps. Be honest, when you run the race, your tires aren't going anywhere downhill until lap 8 or 9. So 5 laps on FAST won't kill them. That's just my way of getting the cars to burn their fuel faster, and each lap you'll definitely get faster. Whether we go Normal tire wear in qualifying is fine. I'm just suggesting it. If you try it you'll see what I mean about the fuel depletion.

I personally am crap at qualifying usually setting laps 0.6s slower than my pace before and after my qualifying run. I also normally set my fastest lap on around lap 6 in the race when the tyres have finally heated up properly.

I have no opinion either way on extending qualifying.

I have tried fast wear before, and PERSONALLY, I don't like it. I find the cars predictability varies too much on the lap, and you make more mistakes. Now this is a personal opinion because I have actually tried it

Edit: I should really remember to cut and paste it when I do this to avoid double posting -.-, but I have a short track mind and I see a big "send" button lol
 
I agree with you there Zach, If it does change to scenario 2 then everyone should have the chance to change their car choice. We do need at least 9+ votes though for it to be the majority.
 
I finally got my own PS3. I am setting it all up now and downloading the updates. Can someone send me a standard RX-7 so I can get some practice in? I can dupe it and send it back.
 
FAST tire wear doesn't affect these cars as much as more powerful cars. Running these online the 5 lap qualifying race the tires still have plenty of life, and get faster and faster.
 
Option one for regs, i think we all made our decision based on scenario 1 so.
 
I prefer it that way. The Silvia will be good on the high speed tracks where it can stretch it's legs.
 
Scenario 1 it is then! I didn't realise but if any car should get dropped it should be th standard RX-7. What's the use of having 6 probably dominte rx7 chassis on the grid all at once. Not to mention it will through off the team championship pts as well. I'm not saying this because I want to change anything right now. But it may be something to look at in the future.
 
Last edited:
FAST tire wear doesn't affect these cars as much as more powerful cars. Running these online the 5 lap qualifying race the tires still have plenty of life, and get faster and faster.

Give it a rest, not 1 person has agreed with you Seth. If it went to a vote only you want it, can you not see that?
 
Back