Jurassic World - General DiscussionMovies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 126 comments
I was gonna say sweet than I was gonna say it was just for the cash grab than I read the actual article. The orgianl one is gonna be re released in 3D so that to me rules out a cash grab only with the new one. Also it's gonna still be Spielberg making me think they will actually put effort into it. Now I'm excited lol, but too bad we gotta wait a full year.

Jurassic Park, to me is one of those franchises that deserves to be in 3D. Michael Chriten(sp) has made a wonderful book and film rights was given way before its time.

Bring on number IV.

The first didn't (and still doesn't, IMO) need 3D. It succeeded on it's own merits, and even rewatching it a few months ago, doesn't feel 20 years old.

It's annoying to me that they're again trying this, since the rumours of a fourth were shot down when Crichton died. Though if Spielberg announced it in the summer and we're still without a director or script, I don't have high hopes.

I suppose it could be worse. It could be a reboot.

Honestly as long as the island(s) continue(s) to exist with dinosaurs on it/them, there can always be another movie...

Crichton only did two novels: Jurassic Park and Lost World. It's been a few years since I've read either, but I can tell you that both films differed pretty heavily from their source material. JP3 (the film) had almost nothing to do with either book, though it did borrow the river boat dinosaur attack idea from them (I forget which). Henry the geneticist plays a much larger role in the first book, and naturally, the ending isn't quite as Hollywood-happy. I'd really recommend reading the first book, it's excellent 👍

I'll edit my thoughts from earlier; 3D was absolutely awesome for Jurassic Park. Saw it last month and it benefits from the update. Despite knowing exactly where the scares were going to happen, I still jumped. Go see it!

Crichton only did two novels: Jurassic Park and Lost World. It's been a few years since I've read either, but I can tell you that both films differed pretty heavily from their source material. JP3 (the film) had almost nothing to do with either book, though it did borrow the river boat dinosaur attack idea from them (I forget which). Henry the geneticist plays a much larger role in the first book, and naturally, the ending isn't quite as Hollywood-happy. I'd really recommend reading the first book, it's excellent 👍

I'll edit my thoughts from earlier; 3D was absolutely awesome for Jurassic Park. Saw it last month and it benefits from the update. Despite knowing exactly where the scares were going to happen, I still jumped. Go see it!

I actually have the book at home but didn't read it yet,will do now 👍

River boat attack was in the first Novel. Sadly, the books and movies have only the names in common..

Jurassic Park, to me is one of those franchises that deserves to be in 3D. Michael Chriten(sp) has made a wonderful book and film rights was given way before its time.

Bring on number IV.
It IS on 3d. In fact I just watched Jurrassic Park in 3d last night on my PS3. Looked pretty good. Not the greatest in 3d but for a 20 year old movie, the 3d really gave some great depth perception so quite a few of those parts. So I am sure the new one will be 3d for sure.

It IS on 3d. In fact I just watched Jurrassic Park in 3d last night on my PS3. Looked pretty good. Not the greatest in 3d but for a 20 year old movie, the 3d really gave some great depth perception so quite a few of those parts. So I am sure the new one will be 3d for sure.

You missed my point. The point that I was trying to make is that there are certain film franchises that deserve to be in 3D. Jurassic Park is certainly one of those franchises, despite being 20 years old. It has elements of terror that would only be better in 3D than in 2D, and it would also play better for the actors expressions in expressing what is going on when the dino is popping right out of the screen so that you get a more accurate proportion to the actor.

Crichton only did two novels: Jurassic Park and Lost World. It's been a few years since I've read either, but I can tell you that both films differed pretty heavily from their source material.

For example, the second novel was called "The Lost World" and the second movie was called "The Lost World," and that's about it (though the second novel was kinda... bad, so it was probably for the best).

The third movie picked and chose some things from both books to stick in the narrative. I think the Pterodactyl stuff was in the original book, for example.

I can't wait for this movie! I love Jurassic Park, own the movies on blu-ray and DVD. Read and own both books. Seeing the original in 3D was fantastic! I just hope they bring back all of the original cast from JP to play in 4.

Oh my god are they seriously going to call it the same thing as the first movie.

If that's the case, they couldn't even tag "3D" on the end of the title without everyone getting it mixed up with the recent 3D re-release of JP.

Make the dinosaurs have eight spider legs.

Grab popcorn and watch the NOPES.

Not sure I quite like how the plot describes the raptors & the T-Rex as being used to fight the new dino.
Oh my god are they seriously going to call it the same thing as the first movie.
Worked for the Fast & Furious series, sort of (just deleted "the" from the title).

Not sure I quite like how the plot describes the raptors & the T-Rex as being used to fight the new dino.

I think they could pull it off if they do it right but it would be tricky.

More of the same of the original Movie then ,not bad.Can we get the original cast along with that?

More of the same of the original Movie then ,not bad.Can we get the original cast along with that?
As much as I would like this, I think that time has passed; the age of the actors has passed for what the director/writers are probably imagining.

Jurassic Park + Lost World = A better title than giving it the exact same name as the first movie. I'll give them that.

Adding to the growing list of movie franchises returning in 2015, I kinda hope it doesn't turn out to be a massive flop.

Back