just curious

• Thread starter Sharpie
  • 84 comments
How long you guys spend drag tuning ?

Honestly, it really doesn't take me long to tune many cars but there are a few that have really stumped me. Overall I'd say I spend anywhere between 3 minutes to 10 minutes tuning a car (unless it's like that Diablo GT2). I like to get a tune that is in working condition and then tweak it to be as close to perfect as I can get it before I even run it, this has become very easy for me to do over time so I can usually get a car up and running the way I'd like it to in about 5-6 minutes but sometimes I spend more time on the transmission.

I've racked up thousands of miles on ssrx. Average 5-6 minutes a lap and varies on tuning but I spend at least 10 minutes tuning.

Unless it's a wheelie car that requires a funky transmission, I usually spend about 5 minutes tuning. I've never run against my ghost on SSRX. Throw a tune on the car, find some reputable tuners and test it. 9 times out of 10 I don't have to go retune. That is unless I'm testing against the ATP guys. They always make me retune.

Unless it's a wheelie car that requires a funky transmission, I usually spend about 5 minutes tuning. I've never run against my ghost on SSRX. Throw a tune on the car, find some reputable tuners and test it. 9 times out of 10 I don't have to go retune. That is unless I'm testing against the ATP guys. They always make me retune.
You are not kidding with the ATP guys. These little buggers are a pain in my arse lol!

One car can take months if not years to perfect. My Cuda in GT5 took over a year and once I did I never once lost a race. To this day it's undefeated. And believe me when I say I've had some close races.

Umm... about 20 min. Get some really nice wins, and get some really bad losses.

My Charger in GT6 is pretty fast. Can keep up and beat most muscle cars in its class and out.

Anywhere from 5 to 15 mins! I tune all my cars on Indy then test against guys I know are really good at tuning. It's been a rare thing that I have had to go back and retune. Only cars I had to do a little extra work on was the Hondas as I was new to tuning them.

I still don't understand Honda's. It's a hit and miss for me. I know the concept of FWD cars on the strip but Honda's are a bisch to tune.
I felt the same way at first but then I got a better understanding of them. This also helped me when tuning other ff cars beside Hondas. I feel pretty confident tuning any ff car now.

I loved tuning Impreza's and Evo's. Nowadays you enter a lobbby titled JDM vs USDM or Muscle vs. Tuner and you get ACR Vipers versus R35's and Bugatti's and ZZII's, etc.

It's dead.

I loved tuning Impreza's and Evo's. Nowadays you enter a lobbby titled JDM vs USDM or Muscle vs. Tuner and you get ACR Vipers versus R35's and Bugatti's and ZZII's, etc.

It's dead.

It would be a different story if the lobby host would set a PP/HP restriction. Sorts the men from the boys quick smart.

Well if you are interested tune some of the race cars for drag, that's what I got into because no one uses them, you can find some sleepers in there that will give some of the usual drag cars a run for there money.

I love when people kick me for using a race car, they act like they are as fast as X1's lol.

Exactly like when people are using acrs, I grab my Mclaren F1 stealth mod snd it runs well with them but I still get kicked :(

I can't tell you how many times I got kicked for bringing out the Red Bull Standard. I always say that if the host kicks me then he should kick everyone in a GT-R, MP4, ZZII, etc because the Red Bull Standard runs with the Black Edition. Then usually what happens is I ask if anyone would like me to prove it and most of the time nobody lets me but sometimes they do and usually the guy that I run has a slow Black Edition or he sandbags and I end up beating him by like 10 cars (which is still nothing compared to what the Fan Car would actually do to it) and I end up getting kicked.

I can't tell you how many times I got kicked for bringing out the Red Bull Standard. I always say that if the host kicks me then he should kick everyone in a GT-R, MP4, ZZII, etc because the Red Bull Standard runs with the Black Edition. Then usually what happens is I ask if anyone would like me to prove it and most of the time nobody lets me but sometimes they do and usually the guy that I run has a slow Black Edition or he sandbags and I end up beating him by like 10 cars (which is still nothing compared to what the Fan Car would actually do to it) and I end up getting kicked.
I hate how theirs many closed minded people in this game, well noobs I should say.

I have to buy that, I found out the Mercedes sauber LMP is interesting it needs weight though.

There are only a few LMP's that don't need weight, the MINOLTA is one that needs it but it's still so light and has 1196hp so it just kills most cars :D

Back