just curious

• Thread starter Sharpie
  • 84 comments
There are only a few LMP's that don't need weight, the MINOLTA is one that needs it but it's still so light and has 1196hp so it just kills most cars :D
I have the 787B but all I really do is roll down the track in 5th gear listening to that rotary grumble :D

I am talking gt3 race cars not lmp, those are way easier.
Try the rx7 lm

I sold the RX-7 LM Edition for the sheer fact that it runs side by side with the Spirit R, it's not worth the $1M price tag. LMP's are actually a lot harder to tune than GT3, GT2, and GT1 race cars because of the weight to transmission balance, they are easy once you know what you're doing but they are a lot like tuning FF's.

I sold the RX-7 LM Edition for the sheer fact that it runs side by side with the Spirit R, it's not worth the $1M price tag. LMP's are actually a lot harder to tune than GT3, GT2, and GT1 race cars because of the weight to transmission balance, they are easy once you know what you're doing but they are a lot like tuning FF's.
Except without the pointless drivetrain selection.

One car can take months if not years to perfect. My Cuda in GT5 took over a year and once I did I never once lost a race. To this day it's undefeated. And believe me when I say I've had some close races.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-top-5-rank-leader-board-post-your-times-2-15.269821/

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
1-9.769-Smokenrubber A.T.P.
2-9.769-Janco
2-9.769-Dream00
3-9.771-Hostility
4-9.773-Kingking
5-9.774-Danny280zxturbo
6-9.775-Mickeybc
7-9.775-Spikey_LEE
8-9.777-wraith of horus
9-9.779-dmsdmj

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71, Wingless
1-9.778-Pro__Tunes G.T.W.W.
2-9.780-Smokenrubber
3-9.780-Kingking A.T.P.
4-9.783-Spikey_LEE
5-9.787-coconutz4u
6-9.789-Swara96

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-top-5-rank-leader-board-post-your-times-2-15.269821/

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
1-9.769-Smokenrubber A.T.P.
2-9.769-Janco
2-9.769-Dream00
3-9.771-Hostility
4-9.773-Kingking
5-9.774-Danny280zxturbo
6-9.775-Mickeybc
7-9.775-Spikey_LEE
8-9.777-wraith of horus
9-9.779-dmsdmj

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71, Wingless
1-9.778-Pro__Tunes G.T.W.W.
2-9.780-Smokenrubber
3-9.780-Kingking A.T.P.
4-9.783-Spikey_LEE
5-9.787-coconutz4u
6-9.789-Swara96

Slash I'm pretty sure had his car tuned strictly for Indy at Indy before speed test even came out. Sometimes a great Indy tune isn't leaderboard worthy. A few people had seperate leaderboard tunes and Indy tunes. I know my #6 spot Cuda had a hard time keeping up with slashes at Indy.

Slash I'm pretty sure had his car tuned strictly for Indy at Indy before speed test even came out. Sometimes a great Indy tune isn't leaderboard worthy. A few people had seperate leaderboard tunes and Indy tunes. I know my #6 spot Cuda had a hard time keeping up with slashes at Indy.

Yeah I just noticed slash didn't compete on the leaderboards, quite a shame considering his tuning skill he is talking about.

Low powered cars is actually what I prefer to run now and a big chunk of my team does as well. Those 1,000+hp cars are really old and no fun anymore.
I have been tuning low HP cars for the last year and a half. Started back in gt5 with Danny and a few others. Lately I have been tuning nothing but ff cars since a lot of people are running them now.

Yeah I just noticed slash didn't compete on the leaderboards, quite a shame considering his tuning skill he is talking about.
Mikey is right. I used to tune on the leaderboard a but physics changes and constant drama in the forum made me give it up.

I've challenged myself to make a tune in less that 3.5 minutes and make in the top 10 spots back in gt5. I was capable of doing it with most cars. My tunes today only take that long unless I bet beat, then I spend 20 seconds tweaking or another minute putting a new trans into it.

I've challenged myself to make a tune in less that 3.5 minutes and make in the top 10 spots back in gt5. I was capable of doing it with most cars. My tunes today only take that long unless I bet beat, then I spend 20 seconds tweaking or another minute putting a new trans into it.
you my friend are master tuner :)

it looks really cool I didn't mean to post it I wanted to see if I could make it sorry guys

_____M U S T A N G_____
[] [] []
_____O_____[] [] []
____o______
_____o____

That's what I do all the time. Usually about 95% of the time I'm pretty close to @wraith of horus, on a 5 minute tune.

I've only found a select few LM55's that run with mine sans my horrific tree.

When I was running Hydro way back when we used to do training drills called 2 minute tunes. We'd time you with a stop watch. You had 2 minutes to make a tune and run it on a car you'd never tune before and it had to be competitive. Myself, KT and others had it down and could do it with pretty much any drivetrain and spank most people doing it.

In fact we used to use them as baseline starting points for base tunes when we started posting those for beginners. We'd be in a lobby and bring a car out and say "oh this only has a a 2 minute tune on it".

When I was running Hydro way back when we used to do training drills called 2 minute tunes. We'd time you with a stop watch. You had 2 minutes to make a tune and run it on a car you'd never tune before and it had to be competitive. Myself, KT and others had it down and could do it with pretty much any drivetrain and spank most people doing it.

In fact we used to use them as baseline starting points for base tunes when we started posting those for beginners. We'd be in a lobby and bring a car out and say "oh this only has a a 2 minute tune on it".
That is what we call dedication right there

Haha oh man I remember those. I had some nasty tunes come outta those man haha! And trust me hat, it wasn't easy. We used to put on the parts we couldn't access in the tuning menu, and do an oil change after a break in. So we never had the full stats until we threw the parts on in those 2 minutes. And in that time we also had to decide on the final gear and power band etc. and plus the rest of your team is doing it too and you have to be competitive with them, who at the time were some of the fastest names out there. Soooooo yeah. Pressure pressure pressure, but it helped out a ton.

Not to hate on anyone but I'm pretty sure most people who know what they're doing can slap a tune on a car in 30 seconds and have it be competitive. Not hatin' on y'all I know you two can tune top notch. Just sayin'
You have to remember that back on GT5 each car had its own preference for ride height, spring rates, toe angles, weird shift points not in the powerband, and so on. To make a competitive tune that was within a car length of top tunes wasn't necessarily an easy thing when only having limited time to do it. Only had time for 1 flip and 1 suspension setup in that amount of time.

Back