just curious

• Thread starter Sharpie
  • 84 comments
Look, don't try and patronize me, don't try and play me. We all know, ALL know, the tuning in both GT5 and GT6. Tuning was more car-specific in GT5, yea, but it still wasn't precise. My statement still stands, I feel. Any of the top draggers can do that.

I said before, I ain't trying to step on toes. I've run you KT and to say you can tune is an understatement, and Slash you're an O.G. And I'm not, so it would be disrespectful to think any less of you either. I'm just saying, tuning was never too precise, especially with trees being so powerful.

Last edited:
It may not have been perfect but they were hella fast for what they were, that's for sure. It was fun, kept things different. It was a good way of telling what could potentially compete with what as the game came out.

Look, don't try and patronize me, don't try and play me. We all know, ALL know, the tuning in both GT5 and GT6. Tuning was more car-specific in GT5, yea, but it still wasn't precise. My statement still stands, I feel. Any of the top draggers can do that.

We can all say this now, but could you say that 2 or 3 years ago? Before all cars on GT5 were tuned, especially the hard ones like the GT350, not many knew the differences in suspension that are common knowledge now. I know that speed test helped many realize minor changes to make major impact in drag racing in general. We're at a point we don't need speed test but only because we've learned over the years of time between then and now.

I said before, I ain't trying to step on toes. I've run you KT and to say you can tune is an understatement, and Slash you're an O.G. And I'm not, so it would be disrespectful to think any less of you either. I'm just saying, tuning was never too precise, especially with trees being so powerful.
Appreciate the kind words bro, but you're no pushover yourself haha. You give me a tough time trust me.

My method on GT5 was to spend a lot of time tuning at Speed Test. Then if it was beat by a Online Indy drag tune i would take that tune and fine tune all parts of the cars mechanics mainly the gearbox until it was competitive

On GT6 every competitor in every car i run is always a test. The gears and the rest of the cars mechanics are always being tweaked or changed.

I usually spend anywhere from 30-60secs - 30-45 minutes online sometimes tuning a car and a couple of days to get the tunes right sometimes.

Last edited:
We used to strictly tune for Indy as that's where most of the running was going on. Shake has a point though. Back then what we know now we didn't then, or at least when 5 came out.

Can't find the same interest in gt6 at the moment. I was trying something on the audi which didn't work it needs tuning the tradional way. I guese. Won't be on for a while gta v is popular with me again

Last edited:
Can find the same interest in gt6 at the moment. I was trying something on the audi which didn't work it needs tuning the tradional way. I guese. Won't be on for a while gta v is popular with me again
Heyy wraith i was looking tru some old gt5 drag videos on youtube and you where in one of those videos racing some dude name kraiga :)

Can't find the same interest in gt6 at the moment. I was trying something on the audi which didn't work it needs tuning the tradional way. I guese. Won't be on for a while gta v is popular with me again
Hey wraith...psst here's a challenge for yee, LeMans racers ;)

Does anyone know what the s15 silvia trap and what the fastest mp4 12c trap is because some one told me their mp4 was trapping first 182 then 178 in a wheelie thank you

How long you guys spend drag tuning ?
Once you know what to look for, it shouldn't cost you any less than 10-30 minits. While you aren't going to use the same tuning from car to car, you're going to use the same philosophy and adjust accordingly. If you're superman pressed for time, you might consider sticking with a particular class/drivetrain in order to get a sense of similarity.

Once you know what to look for, it shouldn't cost you any less than 10-30 minits. While you aren't going to use the same tuning from car to car, you're going to use the same philosophy and adjust accordingly. If you're superman pressed for time, you might consider sticking with a particular class/drivetrain in order to get a sense of similarity.
30 minutes is a bit long unless you're really trying to grind every 0.001 out of it. I used to tune it to top out at 400, maybe 5 minutes tops but still run well. Most cars top out at 400m unless it's stage 2 but if you get it to top out either just after or just before you have yourself a base tune. Then it's really just tweaking in a lobby.

This is what happened today

Attachments

• 20150305_165652.jpg
    20150305_165652.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 9
Back