Kaz Announcements Coming (Supposedly Today 1/25)

• Thread starter pakiman740
  • 107 comments
there's actually supposed to be two large ones but it's the end of the month almost we haven't even got one of them I really want to give up on this game but I love it so much that I really can't this is the only game that I would take all this shortcomings from any other game of Madden doing this out of a job as polyphony hi and I would never touch that game For 5 years with a ten foot broomI have always defended the game against all the fanboys critics and everything but I feel like I'm starting to lose my passion and there's no way in with the game at its current stage I'm going to pay for A dlc rant over

Edit

I think from what we got in Taipei that a January update is out of the window.

In that case, he can only show if it turns to be paid DLC.

Yea, but that one is wide, fast and fairly generic, judging by the vid. Nothing to compare to extremely detailed Nordschleife.

For normal cars, perhaps? But for Redbulls then the new track would be tight and technical at such speeds?

fact: GT5 on release day, was a hell of a lot worse of a game, than GT6 on release day.
fact: GT5 took over a year to get SPEC 2.0 update, to finally match it's physics to its fabulous looks.
fact: GT6 isn't finished, because this is more than just a game to PD , these people don't sit 9 hours a day in the office like the average NorthAmerican working for the yes man.
there are still press junkets and GT Academy, and sponsorships, and meetings happening, while they collect game data/inputs/feedbacks from our seasonal runs. (This is why online is a must for seasonals btw)

fact: I played Forza 5 Demo at EB Games, on a pad mind you, and I was weeping because I wanted to go home right away to play GT6.
fact: the next GT game for PS4 will be phenomenal
fact: we might never get proper car sounds, not even for GT7. are you ok with that?

fact: GT5 on release day, was a hell of a lot worse of a game, than GT6 on release day.
fact: GT5 took over a year to get SPEC 2.0 update, to finally match it's physics to its fabulous looks.
fact: GT6 isn't finished, because this is more than just a game to PD , these people don't sit 9 hours a day in the office like the average NorthAmerican working for the yes man.
there are still press junkets and GT Academy, and sponsorships, and meetings happening, while they collect game data/inputs/feedbacks from our seasonal runs. (This is why online is a must for seasonals btw)

fact: I played Forza 5 Demo at EB Games, on a pad mind you, and I was weeping because I wanted to go home right away to play GT6.
fact: we might never get proper car sounds, not even for GT7. are you ok with that?

You put strong point over there bud, lot people still forget about how long gt5 took to get right and gt6 will take time as well, and if not for the sponsors etc we wouldn't be get what we are getting now anyway to how pd want to do it all for us, and hopefully they will get everything spot on with this one. And the trade won't be much as you can buy most if not all cars in gt6 which we traded or borrowed in gt5 anyway ;):)

Are you Cris Formage?......
Epsilom-man.jpg

Also, remember these bits of wisdom....

Fact x Importance = News

&

Fact into doubt won't go.

I think many people don't understand the intentions of PD and their adherence to Japanese culture very much, which surprises me a bit, and yet I can understand where this surprise comes from.

We live in the here and now generation. Like Freddy Mercury sang once:

''I want it all, and I want it NOW!'' never have those words been more true than with the majority of this generation. Everything is moving faster these days. Technology is moving at breakneck speeds, and breakthroughs in certain aspects of technology are made almost daily. This is the age of the internet, this is the age of the information overflow.

Now, what I do understand is that PD workflow and organisation, holding on to old tradition in many ways, clashes directly with what we as Western consumers expect from a company. We expect games to follow in each others footsteps, with good features like a livery editor expected in every single racing game. We expect consistency in our products which is, from us as gamers, not that strange to expect. It is the norm, after all. We expect our AAA games to be perfected, refined and packaged as complete as possible, with every expected feature packed in as well.

Yet this is where PD clashes with convention. I think PD is torn apart between two sides: adhering to Japanese culture and tradition, yet at the same time wanting (and having to) keep up with the likes of Turn 10, featuring much larger workforces that create games in a very, very different way. The standards are proof of this divide. They are there to be able to, in some way or another, keep up with the ever growing expectations regarding car numbers and the like.

PD fails at this because the amount of work that needs to be done in ever limiting time schedules does not comply with the way Japanese game studios work. Japanese people are different than us. They are brilliant on some ways, yet very conservative in others.

And yet, I don't think it's up to us to decide wether the ways of their culture are right or wrong. Technological advances also brought with it in some way the downfall of culture, especially in the west. Our Queen in Holland, who hails from Argentina, did receive some bad messages when she said that the Netherlands don't really have a culture anymore. The 'Dutchman' doesn't exist anymore, so to speak. We abandoned our culture in favor of economical growth and technological advance. Yet I believe she was very right when she said this.

I believe PD's adherence to the old ways is perhaps foolish from our standpoint, but brave and bold from theirs. I respect them for it, for not selling out and not changing their ways. One member on this forum expressed this in a rather amusing poetical form as a reacting to people here saying that PD needs to change their perspective.

What we do have to accept is the fact that GT is not the game we expect. It comes from a different country with different ideas on how to create games. This is what makes GT unique and beloved to some and frustrating to others.
Those who are frustrated with GT6 will propably be with GT7 also. But be thankful that we live in a different time now. There are other options. There are other racing games that cater to different needs. Thank god for diversity!

I like PD for what they are, and what they do. I believe in Kaz vision, even now. I believe that perfection isn't achieved through copying from others. I believe perfection is achieved by staying with ones vision, even though a big part of the world doesn't agree with that. There's courage needed for that. There's courage needed to stay with what you believe in, and strength to withhold oneself from doing what the rest of the world does.

In a world where too many people look at each other for confirmation of success, I respect the man who only looks at himself and reflects on that. I respect the man who stays true to himself.

I think many people don't understand the intentions of PD and their adherence to Japanese culture very much, which surprises me a bit, and yet I can understand where this surprise comes from.

We live in the here and now generation. Like Freddy Mercury sang once:

''I want it all, and I want it NOW!'' never have those words been more true than with the majority of this generation. Everything is moving faster these days. Technology is moving at breakneck speeds, and breakthroughs in certain aspects of technology are made almost daily. This is the age of the internet, this is the age of the information overflow.

Now, what I do understand is that PD workflow and organisation, holding on to old tradition in many ways, clashes directly with what we as Western consumers expect from a company. We expect games to follow in each others footsteps, with good features like a livery editor expected in every single racing game. We expect consistency in our products which is, from us as gamers, not that strange to expect. It is the norm, after all. We expect our AAA games to be perfected, refined and packaged as complete as possible, with every expected feature packed in as well.

Yet this is where PD clashes with convention. I think PD is torn apart between two sides: adhering to Japanese culture and tradition, yet at the same time wanting (and having to) keep up with the likes of Turn 10, featuring much larger workforces that create games in a very, very different way. The standards are proof of this divide. They are there to be able to, in some way or another, keep up with the ever growing expectations regarding car numbers and the like.

PD fails at this because the amount of work that needs to be done in ever limiting time schedules does not comply with the way Japanese game studios work. Japanese people are different than us. They are brilliant on some ways, yet very conservative in others.

And yet, I don't think it's up to us to decide wether the ways of their culture are right or wrong. Technological advances also brought with it in some way the downfall of culture, especially in the west. Our Queen in Holland, who hails from Argentina, did receive some bad messages when she said that the Netherlands don't really have a culture anymore. The 'Dutchman' doesn't exist anymore, so to speak. We abandoned our culture in favor of economical growth and technological advance. Yet I believe she was very right when she said this.

I believe PD's adherence to the old ways is perhaps foolish from our standpoint, but brave and bold from theirs. I respect them for it, for not selling out and not changing their ways. One member on this forum expressed this in a rather amusing poetical form as a reacting to people here saying that PD needs to change their perspective.

What we do have to accept is the fact that GT is not the game we expect. It comes from a different country with different ideas on how to create games. This is what makes GT unique and beloved to some and frustrating to others.
Those who are frustrated with GT6 will propably be with GT7 also. But be thankful that we live in a different time now. There are other options. There are other racing games that cater to different needs. Thank god for diversity!

I like PD for what they are, and what they do. I believe in Kaz vision, even now. I believe that perfection isn't achieved through copying from others. I believe perfection is achieved by staying with ones vision, even though a big part of the world doesn't agree with that. There's courage needed for that. There's courage needed to stay with what you believe in, and strength to withhold oneself from doing what the rest of the world does.

In a world where too many people look at each other for confirmation of success, I respect the man who only looks at himself and reflects on that. I respect the man who stays true to himself.
I'm actually quite glad now that they are taking their time and sticking to their culture as it has made the quality of the games and DLC that they release very good. Some games made in North America and in Europe tend to be made quickly and without good quality in some cases due to our fast-paced life style. While in Japan it is more laid back and quality is imputed better.

Ok this has got to be said, forget adding new cars, start adding on to what you have built, Kaz and that bunch are silly for not busting ass getting these road cars from GT4 made premium. Is the cars a bigger leap from GT2 to GT3 or GT4 to GT6. I would have to say GT2 to GT3 graphics are more impressive. IMO PD needs some motivation. Something needs to be done in there management department for quality control.

Oh no, not this...

Car models in GT3/GT4 were only slightly smoother and had a bit more extra detail (air intakes, lights) compared to their PS1 counterparts. The rest of the difference in the graphics department was made up with better textures, lighting and anti-aliasing. They didn't even have the most detailed car models in that generation of racing games; Need For Speed, Forza, Project Gotham Racing and Midnight Club all featured better models.

GT5/GT6 car models feature separate body panels, far more details everywhere (practically one-to-one with the real car), very detailed 3D wheels and better materials (no more need for textures). Not to mention a full interior.

For the sake of comparison, GT/GT2 car models typically featured around 300 polygons, while GT3/GT4 models had between 2,000 and 5,000 polygons (a 16x jump). GT5/GT6 models, on the other hand, can reach up to 500,000 polygons (a hundred times more polygons). Saying that the leap from GT2 to GT3/4 was bigger than that from GT4 to GT5/6 is like saying that the performance difference between a Golf BlueMotion and a Golf R is bigger than the one between a Golf R and a Bugatti Veyron. It's only normal that the car models they're building now are going to take a helluva lot longer than the ones they did ten years ago, and people should respect that.

And can you imagine how boring GT6 would be without some of the new cars on offer? No new Viper, none of the new muscle cars, no Huayra, no M4? Just higher-detailed versions of the cars you've been driving for ten years now? Can you imagine the outrage this forum would erupt with if that were to happen? Besides, I think Polyphony actually featured a pretty good balance of new cars and updated versions of old cars this time around (I am loving the Toyota 2000GT, for example).

Also, jeez, will people stop calling Polyphony lazy? There are many adjectives you may justifiably lob at them -- mismanaged, poorly-planned, understaffed. But lazy? Not in a million years. These guys dedicate their lives to the game and work very hard to achieve their ultimate vision of this project, they just lack the resources. Their efforts are why the game turned out the way it has, for better or for worse, and people should at least recognise that much, even if there is much they don't like about this game.

Oh no, not this...

Car models in GT3/GT4 were only slightly smoother and had a bit more extra detail (air intakes, lights) compared to their PS1 counterparts. The rest of the difference in the graphics department was made up with better textures, lighting and anti-aliasing. They didn't even have the most detailed car models in that generation of racing games; Need For Speed, Forza, Project Gotham Racing and Midnight Club all featured better models.

GT5/GT6 car models feature separate body panels, far more details everywhere (practically one-to-one with the real car), very detailed 3D wheels and better materials (no more need for textures). Not to mention a full interior.

For the sake of comparison, GT/GT2 car models typically featured around 300 polygons, while GT3/GT4 models had between 2,000 and 5,000 polygons (a 16x jump). GT5/GT6 models, on the other hand, can reach up to 500,000 polygons (a hundred times more polygons). Saying that the leap from GT2 to GT3/4 was bigger than that from GT4 to GT5/6 is like saying that the performance difference between a Golf BlueMotion and a Golf R is bigger than the one between a Golf R and a Bugatti Veyron. It's only normal that the car models they're building now are going to take a helluva lot longer than the ones they did ten years ago, and people should respect that.

And can you imagine how boring GT6 would be without some of the new cars on offer? No new Viper, none of the new muscle cars, no Huayra, no M4? Just higher-detailed versions of the cars you've been driving for ten years now? Can you imagine the outrage this forum would erupt with if that were to happen? Besides, I think Polyphony actually featured a pretty good balance of new cars and updated versions of old cars this time around (I am loving the Toyota 2000GT, for example).

Also, jeez, will people stop calling Polyphony lazy? There are many adjectives you may justifiably lob at them -- mismanaged, poorly-planned, understaffed. But lazy? Not in a million years. These guys dedicate their lives to the game and work very hard to achieve their ultimate vision of this project, they just lack the resources. Their efforts are why the game turned out the way it has, for better or for worse, and people should at least recognise that much, even if there is much they don't like about this game.

I like the passion for the game and it's my favorite driving simulator/game. G27+GT6 doing live time trials with my brother is a game in itself. Now that i got that out of the way let me explain my point for that outlandish over bored post.

Now i understand the 16x jump in polygons for the premiums compared to GT4 but that's not even half the cars, i could write a book about how bad the neglected standard cars look in 1080p but i wont, for the simple fact i would be beating the hell out of a dead horse. I think we can all agree that the premiums cars in GT are the most detailed in sim racing down to the coil springs on the Nova front end. Something pd should think about is letting us pull the camera back a notch on most cars because for now all of them polygons are going to waste in cockpit view, i'm kissing the dash on 90% of premiums.

I will agree PD are not lazy they just take there time and what they can't get to they leave as is. PD don't dedicate there lives to the game KAZ likes to race in real life and that get's in the way of production of the "Game" these patches back up my claim. Cheers.

Now i understand the 16x jump in polygons for the premiums compared to GT4 but that's not even half the cars

100x jump. Creating a complete car with up to a hundred times more polygons than a GT4 car in six months (they were working at one car a month during the development of GT4) is a pretty good pace in my opinion. And I'm sure they're building as many cars as they can.

PD don't dedicate there lives to the game KAZ likes to race in real life and that get's in the way of production of the "Game" these patches back up my claim.

Oh, come on.

Kaz only races in one race a year, the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. It doesn't take that much time to prepare, and I'm sure he takes his experiences from racing into the development of the game as well. The rest of the time he doesn't spend racing he spends on the game, anyway, so I don't see how it "gets in the way" of the game's development. Heck, Akio Toyoda races at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring too, and people don't see that "getting in the way" of the development of his company's cars, do they?

In any case, I don't see how the development of the game was impacted in any way. Kaz said that there will probably (not certainly) be two big updates coming to the game in January. We already had one update, and depending on your viewpoint it could be constituted as a large update (I do, they added a new car, a whole interior to another and fixed a fair few bugs).

They don't lack the resources. In fact, I think it's safe to say that the equation between the amount of people working on GT at any time and their budget is almost second to none in the industry. They have the money to afford new staff, but they don't choose to do so. The mistake people make in this is looking at them as silly and lazy, while in fact it is their insistence on culture and craftmanship that keeps them from hiring more people. I do agree that people should stop calling PD lazy, but it's not because of a lack of resources. People should try and understand that PD work in completely different ways than most western developers. Wether people like that or not is up to them. Fact is, it's not going to change anytime soon, so those complaining better get used to it or they should start playing some other games. I for one, love this way of working and have trust in PD, even though I do not always agree. I like the fact that there are still people holding on to their ways and their beliefs in a world dominated by copycats and uninspired wasteware (this is NOT a nod to Forza, for those willing to start a war. I love Forza too, yet for completely different reasons!)

Kaz only races in one race a year, the 24 Hours of Nürburgring. It doesn't take that much time to prepare, and I'm sure he takes his experiences from racing into the development of the game as well. The rest of the time he doesn't spend racing he spends on the game, anyway, so I don't see how it "gets in the way" of the game's development. Heck, Akio Toyoda races at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring too, and people don't see that "getting in the way" of the development of his company's cars, do they?

In any case, I don't see how the development of the game was impacted in any way. Kaz said that there will probably (not certainly) be two big updates coming to the game in January. We already had one update, and depending on your viewpoint it could be constituted as a large update (I do, they added a new car, a whole interior to another and fixed a fair few bugs).

Agree. Like I said before, this is the HERE and NOW generation. We want everything completely in the open. We want direct contact with the developers, we want to be able to send in wishlists that are being processed right away. PD takes time to make changes, a lot of time. Too much for some, and they blame it on Kaz doing some side activities here and there. You know, guys, the man has a life. He has passions. What would you do if your boss started demanding you work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? That's what we're doing here. Cut the man some slack, please!

Judging by the "racing" in the game, I'm inclined to disagree. It's like someone intentionally tried to steer the game as far from racing as possible. Or maybe Kaz also likes to hunt rabbits in his spare time and got a little confused.
I think we really need to stop complaining about the AI in the game, I have had some very good races against them. They are not perfect, but they are certainly better than GT5. I think there are some far more important issues to address in the game instead of AI at the moment.

I think we really need to stop complaining about the AI in the game, I have had some very good races against them. They are not perfect, but they are certainly better than GT5. I think there are some far more important issues to address in the game instead of AI at the moment.

You start 30 seconds behind the rabbit, cars come to a halt the moment you look at them from behind, they brake if you pass them from the outside, they ignore you if you pass them from the inside, they constantly spin you out from behind in high speed corners after they gain 60+ kph from drafting. Sure, every 5 races you may end up with a decent battle (probably by accident as PD is against having fun) that can last for a couple of minutes but that doesn't make anything regarding racing any less broken.

What could be more important than fixing what 80% of the game consists of?

I'm actually quite glad now that they are taking their time and sticking to their culture as it has made the quality of the games and DLC that they release very good. Some games made in North America and in Europe tend to be made quickly and without good quality in some cases due to our fast-paced life style. While in Japan it is more laid back and quality is imputed better.
Do you sometimes read what you type?
You do not want to tell us that the "japanese way" has done a real quality input above the "games made in North America and in Europe tend to be made quickly and without good quality in some cases due to our fast-paced life style".

The answer above directly pointed at GT 6 game quality out of the box is an insult to anybody working on his profession.

If it wasn't too true and sad i could find the time to smile about your ignorance of what a customer can expect from a professional game developer.

You start 30 seconds behind the rabbit, cars come to a halt the moment you look at them from behind, they brake if you pass them from the outside, they ignore you if you pass them from the inside, they constantly spin you out from behind in high speed corners after they gain 60+ kph from drafting. Sure, every 5 races you may end up with a decent battle (probably by accident as PD is against having fun) that can last for a couple of minutes but that doesn't make anything regarding racing any less broken.

What could be more important than fixing what 80% of the game consists of?
Well to start with one thing is that they need to match the right engine sounds to the right engine type. I don't want to hear a V6 sound coming out of a V8, or a V12 coming out of a V8. I'll admit the AI isn't perfect, but I mainly race online anyway. And what do you have against PD? "PD is against having fun" that is the dumbest comment against PD I have heard in a while.

Special Stage route X is also longer than the Nordschleife, so this does not give a hint about what excitement the track can give to the player.
Theres a video of he track and its a nice windy round in the hills. Nothing like SSRX

Theres a video of he track and its a nice windy round in the hills. Nothing like SSRX
I have seen the video too.
And while it is indeed a track round the hills it lacks anything the makes a track challenging: bumpiness of the road surface, changing corner radiuses, changes in track with etc,. etc..

I might change my opinion once i can get a drive on it but i highly doubt it.
Ever since GT 2 the track "roughness" has given up to a smooth track surface without any bumps. :(

Back