Kaz Announcements Coming (Supposedly Today 1/25)

• Thread starter pakiman740
  • 107 comments
It would be a great philosophy if they had all the processing and man power in the world. Unfortunately these are things they don't have.
PS4

We all know it's going to be easier and Kaz has stated that the time it takes to complete content is quicker than it is with the PS3 (the features that can't or aren't available to be used on the PS3 but can be used on the PS4 make it so). Adaptive tessellation, PD obviously were thinking ahead of time. That's just one example and my only example since there is so much that we don't technically know about PD's development ways. The one person, one car is now moot with the PS4. They'll be able to do everything quicker without making sacrifices which may or may not include hiring more car modelers.

As far as we know, they've said that X2014 standard events will be unlocked in january (and this is why they edited 1st january to just january). So, why they are telling now "DLC in february with new track and X2014"!? This is the last week in this month so if they want to deliver these redbull challanges on time, this is the last chance... and again, what! february...

As far as we know, they've said that X2014 standard events will be unlocked in january (and this is why they edited 1st january to just january). So, why they are telling now "DLC in february with new track and X2014"!? This is the last week in this month so if they want to deliver these redbull challanges on time, this is the last chance... and again, what! february...
thats PD for ya

there's actually supposed to be two large ones but it's the end of the month almost we haven't even got one of them I really want to give up on this game but I love it so much that I really can't this is the only game that I would take all this shortcomings from any other game of Madden doing this out of a job as polyphony hi and I would never touch that game For 5 years with a ten foot broomI have always defended the game against all the fanboys critics and everything but I feel like I'm starting to lose my passion and there's no way in with the game at its current stage I'm going to pay for A dlc rant over

Edit

Haha, and there it is. I knew it.

So many people were saying it like they KNEW PD had 10-20 modellers doing each car and it was 6 months of MAN HOURS, not a REAL TIME duration. Time after time I asked for a quote and no one could provide it but people still insisted it were true.

Well there's the slap to the face to everyone who assumed they had any idea of what was really going on and passed it on like it were a fact. Shame on you.
First of all, I thought the same as you after reading/hearing from people associated with PD that it's only one person per car, or to say it another way, it isn't "man hours". I posted that once before in a HUGE post that didn't get noticed, because the (my) thread was slaughtered by people figuring that I'm a complete apologist on behalf of anything that can have a reason for not being what it should be or should have been when PD/Kaz "screw" things up. It can only be their fault, nothing else (technology, programming/coding doesn't apply to their logic).

3D scanning of the cars where more than 10 people would fly over to another country to capture a certain amount of cars (thousands of photos of tiny parts and from hundreds of different angles), not including the work needed to tweak the cars through the physics system as it isn't perfect, meaning that simply plugging in some numbers into the system will not make the car handle like it should (the MR cars are just one example), then there's the gear ratio work that needs to be done.

In a sense, it takes more than one person to get one car into the game... surprisingly. Either way (your speculation and other people's speculation), about how many people MODEL each car doesn't matter since there will be employees "wasting" their time on one car to complete in six months or there will be employees wasting their time modeling (though not recreating entirely) one car at a time.

Like what Tenacious D pointed out:

I don't get why some of you stumble over this so badly. ironman44321 said it pretty well:

I think what he's saying is that if you have 50 people dedicated to making cars, and it takes 6 man months to make a car than it doesn't matter if you have 50 cars being made by one person each or teams of 5 making 10 cars. You end up with the same number of cars over the same period of time either way.

1 person = 1 car every 6 months

5 person group = 5 cars every 6 months

50 people = 100 cars a year

10 groups of 5 = 100 cars a year
And they aren't going to dump everything they make for GT7 into GT6. It's just going to be a trickle, as it was with GT5, so GT7 will have most of the new content.

Personally, I prefer and think it's better that it's one modeler per car for the consistency, regardless of the quality of the car (which should go without saying). If only it were a perfect world. I also thought that there were people that had separate jobs on modeling the cars; one person for the bodywork/wheels/chassis, one for the interior. But then there's the person/s responsible for vehicle behavior like body roll and such things. That's a different story though and I get we're talking about the visual (not graphical) characteristics of the car being relied upon "one person".

I have to point out that I EDITED the hell out of this post.

AND another edit/addition to my post:
I share Vspectra's point-of-view, as well.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-supposedly-today-1-25.300744/#post-9264080

Last edited:
Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.

Wait. RB x2014 will come as DLC? He can shove it up his tight behind, if that's the case.

Could be this track an example of what the track editor could do?

I really don't get it. If they really have only one man per car, then that one must do both interior and exterior, textures, models, scanning, everything by himself!? If that's the case, then modellers really are extremely talented artists. At the same time one has to wonder if this means that there is a lot of time thrown out the window. Could the same job be done much faster with the same results if the work was better optimised and delegated.

there's actually supposed to be two large ones but it's the end of the month almost we haven't even got one of them I really want to give up on this game but I love it so much that I really can't this is the only game that I would take all this shortcomings from any other game of Madden doing this out of a job as polyphony hi and I would never touch that game For 5 years with a ten foot broomI have always defended the game against all the fanboys critics and everything but I feel like I'm starting to lose my passion and there's no way in with the game at its current stage I'm going to pay for A dlc rant over

Edit
Actually it was said that there would be a large one in January maybe 2 so there it is in error to say or think that there were supposed to be two. There were two large ones in December btw. The actual comment from Kaz said something to the effect that there were going to be a large update in December and in January maybe two. We did get two very large updates in Dec and we got a 99 meg update so far in Jan which to some could be considered a large update.

I personally do not care about the size of the updates but would like to know when some of the features will be available. Community features should be very soon and the course maker and GPS will likely be farther down the road. I would also like some idea as to when we will get the data logger tool

Actually it was said that there would be a large one in January maybe 2 so there it is in error to say or think that there were supposed to be two. There were two large ones in December btw. The actual comment from Kaz said something to the effect that there were going to be a large update in December and in January maybe two. We did get two very large updates in Dec and we got a 99 meg update so far in Jan which to some could be considered a large update.

I personally do not care about the size of the updates but would like to know when some of the features will be available. Community features should be very soon and the course maker and GPS will likely be farther down the road. I would also like some idea as to when we will get the data logger tool
I get you but he really needs to make up his mind and said some updates were to come but that first one this month clearly wasn't large They need to set deadlines if not don't give up quotes like that but I also am with you the community features are going to be exciting as they will vastly increase online play

Last edited:
I get you but he really needs to make up his mind and said some updates were to come but that first one this month clearly wasn't large They need to set deadlines if not don't give up quotes like that but I also am with you the community features are going to be exciting as they will vastly increase online play
Well you have to keep in mind people are begging these guys for info left and right. They can either say no comment to every question or do the best they can with the info they have. I don't think "might get 2" in Jan and only getting one is that bad.
A lot of the community begs for info as early as they can have it then complains when the rough estimates are a bit off.
I'm glad these game designers still tell us anything. No telling what could bump ya behind schedule a tad.

^^ Beat me to it.

Keep your eye on The News Thread For updates.

On a side note I find the OPs user name quite derogatory. Am I the only one?

Not really, if it was a white themed race name you would not blink an eye. Eg. If I called myself "AussieDude" being from Australia, would you find that offensive? Or Britguy from England?, well, Pakiman is exactly the same.......

Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.

Wait. RB x2014 will come as DLC? He can shove it up his tight behind, if that's the case.
Haha true, but think about it. All of the content we received for free were DLC. Logically, we aren't going to need to pay for the Red Bull cars. No new tracks, so it can be a sure thing that people will need to pay for the new track. But the RB events are in-game already and like certain past events (an example would be the GT5 GT Academy where we had to download it and wait a month for the next test), these events will probably be time-released. Illogically and quite stupidly, they'll have us pay for the Red Bull collaborated cars to play those RB events that are IN THE DAMN game already. Having already been told that we'll need to wait (time-released) for the events to be unlocked and since we already have the non-ultra Red Bull car and RB kart, I don't see how they'll make us pay for the cars to play the events. And as a reminder, in GT5 they started out by using packaged paid DLC, then transitioned to individual paid DLC whilst being given free cars (time-released as well, but we ended up having to buy the last car of the trio, the BRZ).

The bright-side, we still haven't had to pay for any other the new content/cars or the kart and we won't have to pay for the Vision GT cars (which hopefully get their interior modeled or I'll feel pretty disappointed).

Read my reply above.

And not all DLC is PAID DLC. I think all of the future DLC tracks will need to be paid for, but in counteraction to that, we know for sure (not including the Vision GT cars) that there's a great chance for some future cars to be free.

Funny, that's how we got the M4, Hudson Hornet and Toyota FT1 yet no one complained. DLC doesn't necessarily equal paying for it.
👍

Well, I couldn't care less for concepts, so they mean nothing for me. I see BWM and Toyota as advertisements, so that again is nothing for free. As for RB events, I always thought they were always meant to be present. We had them, as we had Mercedes challenges, in GT5 from the start. We got nothing in place of Merc challenges and we got incomplete RB event as free DLC. So that's still leaving plenty of free DLCs to get us where we were at launch of GT5 content wise. When we get there. I'll have no problem with them releasing paid DLCs.

It would probably be best to wait for official confirmation of any DLC, before getting worked up about what may be free or fee based extra content.
Person who PD sent out for the discussion as a replacement for Kaz confirmed we are getting a track in February. That is official.

As official as the RedBull challenge will arrive in January.
O wait, it's now official to be postponed to February.
Maybe next month it will be official to arrive even later while other good things as track maker, online improvements and other things will still be delayed because "we do not hit our standards right now".

Seems they haven't met their standards lately. :(

Myself, I was just happy that GT6 actually came out when it was supposed to as I seem to recall GT5 took forever to actually come out?

Myself, I was just happy that GT6 actually came out when it was supposed to as I seem to recall GT5 took forever to actually come out?

With all focus shifting towards the PS4 , they couldn't afford to delay it this time around. Finished or not, they had to release something which is what we are seeing right now. An alpha requiring at least 6 months to a year of work before resembling what a 1.0 game should look like.

With all focus shifting towards the PS4 , they couldn't afford to delay it this time around. Finished or not, they had to release something which is what we are seeing right now. An alpha requiring at least 6 months to a year of work before resembling what a 1.0 game should look like.

I agree with you on this as these updates seem to take forever to arrive and when we do get them it not always what we was expecting to get. As for course maker why not have it in game when released instead of hyping about it all the time as that would've give everybody something to play with while wait for rest updates at least ;):)

I agree with you on this as these updates seem to take forever to arrive and when we do get them it not always what we was expecting to get. As for course maker why not have it in game when released instead of hyping about it all the time as that would've give everybody something to play with while wait for rest updates at least ;):)

Probably because they're not done creating all the tools and coding for the course maker. ;)

Ok this has got to be said, forget adding new cars, start adding on to what you have built, Kaz and that bunch are silly for not busting ass getting these road cars from GT4 made premium. Is the cars a bigger leap from GT2 to GT3 or GT4 to GT6. I would have to say GT2 to GT3 graphics are more impressive. IMO PD needs some motivation. Something needs to be done in there management department for quality control.

Now for the bright side i love GT6, my brother just noticed up close the doors are welded shut with MS paint. I had to explain to him yeah bubbah, they kind of half assed it this time around.

Edit: if you 'like' this post then click like here. All I did was quote Yui-san and I feel like I'm stealing his likes.

Taken from a post by @Yui-san in another thread:

I am rather shocked to see that there are almost no reports from the Taiwanese media on the GT6 event today at TpGS, considering the fact that Gran Turismo is a rather popular franchise in Taiwan (I still remember lining up with hundreds (nearly a thousand) of fans at the GT5 launch event in Taipei just to get the collector's edition). In fact, most links I see posted here are from People's Republic of China's media (hence the simplified Chinese)...so it's rather strange. It's most unfortunate that I am not living in Taiwan at the moment, or else I could've reported everything from the show...However, I did manage to find a few articles regarding Kaz's presentation, and after here is everything you need to know, in English (note that I've excluded information that we already know about):
  • Kaz promises to introduce 35 new vehicles through the Vision GT project
  • 5 M-B Vision Gran Turismos (-moes?) will be reproduced in real life, with them being based on the 2014 SLS AMG GT (Kaz says he is very "touched" by this).
  • Kaz says that he insists on the "One person, one car" policy, in which every single car (premium, I suppose) must be modeled by one person only, from top to bottom, so that each staff member can reflect the qualities of Shokunins (職人), which is closely defined as "Craftsman" or "artisan" in English (Now we know why they can't make every standard into premiums...they should just hire more people, I think).
  • Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.
  • When asked about future developments, Kaz said that while development for GT7 was already underway, PD is still putting their main focus on constantly updating GT6 with new content.
  • A future announcement will be coming soon, though it's not made clear whether this is referring to GT7 or the new track that was mentioned earlier.
Also, at the end of the presentation, Kaz answered three fan questions (which were VERY inane):

1.) "Can we add nitrous to our cars in GT6?" Kaz: That feature is included in the game; simply visit the tuning shop.

2.) "When will GT7 be released? Will it be on the PS4" Kaz: Please be patient and do look forward to it.

3.) "How many cars in Gran Turismo do you own in real life?" Kaz: Five.

Additionally, U-car, an automotive website from Taiwan, said in an earlier report today that they would soon get an "exclusive" interview with Kaz at TpGS, claiming that they would "bring exciting news" from the interview. Who knows, maybe we'll be getting more out of TpGS later this weekend.

Sources (Taiwanese media): gamerhotline.tw udn.tw
Ha Ha, them questions!

They made those up themselves.

Latest Posts

Back