Kaz Announcements Coming (Supposedly Today 1/25)

• Thread starter pakiman740
  • 107 comments
I have seen the video too.
And while it is indeed a track round the hills it lacks anything the makes a track challenging: bumpiness of the road surface, changing corner radiuses, changes in track with etc,. etc..

I might change my opinion once i can get a drive on it but i highly doubt it.
Ever since GT 2 the track "roughness" has given up to a smooth track surface without any bumps. :(
We havent seen the whole track yet.

fact: GT5 on release day, was a hell of a lot worse of a game, than GT6 on release day.
fact: GT5 took over a year to get SPEC 2.0 update, to finally match it's physics to its fabulous looks.
fact: GT6 isn't finished, because this is more than just a game to PD , these people don't sit 9 hours a day in the office like the average NorthAmerican working for the yes man.
there are still press junkets and GT Academy, and sponsorships, and meetings happening, while they collect game data/inputs/feedbacks from our seasonal runs. (This is why online is a must for seasonals btw)

fact: I played Forza 5 Demo at EB Games, on a pad mind you, and I was weeping because I wanted to go home right away to play GT6.
fact: the next GT game for PS4 will be phenomenal
fact: we might never get proper car sounds, not even for GT7. are you ok with that?

I'll side with you Lambob. After all what is a fact? It was once a fact that the earth was flat, but now we think of things differently. Todays facts very well may be dissproven tomorrow. Just like ol' Ben said "Many of the truths we cling to rely heavily upon our own point of view". I may not have said things the way you did but I agree with your point all the same.

Vision GT cars: I couldn't care less. Made up, non-existent concept cars have no place in the "real driving simulator". It's marketing. That's all.

I kind of understand the feeling, but all cars are made up, and concept cars are a big part of what the auto industry does so I think Vision GT makes sense. Not to mention the fact that the Merc is being built in real life.

Last edited:
If they had every single car/concept car ever made in game and most games had over 1000 cars it would be a good selling point, but neither is true, so i still prefer real life cars than made up, cranked up to 11( who can tell how they would drive?) cars...

Judging by the "racing" in the game, I'm inclined to disagree. It's like someone intentionally tried to steer the game as far from racing as possible. Or maybe Kaz also likes to hunt rabbits in his spare time and got a little confused.

It's a marked improvement from GT5. Dude's gotta start somewhere, right?

That same leader would also completely stop accelerating if you are near them and passing. At least here they try to murder you.

Which is a plus I guess depending on one's opinion.

Vision GT cars: I couldn't care less. Made up, non-existent concept cars have no place in the "real driving simulator". It's marketing. That's all.
Gran turismo is a celebration of REAL cars, and it's working with REAL manufactures to make REAL concept cars like REAL designers do in REAL life. What isn't REAL about it???? So far gt's partnerships with car manufacturers has turned out nothing but good.

Not to mention both the Citroen and Mercedes have been produced in REAL life, and I suppose they are non existent too?

Gran turismo is a celebration of REAL cars, and it's working with REAL manufactures to make REAL concept cars like REAL designers do in REAL life. What isn't REAL about it???? So far gt's partnerships with car manufacturers has turned out nothing but good.

Not to mention both the Citroen and Mercedes have been produced in REAL life, and I suppose they are non existent too?
Weren't the Merc and the Citroen GT made (made up) in Gran Turismo before their real life manufacture? i.e. they weren't existent when they were made in GT.

Made up, non-existent concept cars have no place in the "real driving simulator". It's marketing. That's all.
They've existed since the first one. So they do have a place, they very well do. Just about as creditable as the imaginary tracks. Which are timeless and wonderful additions.

An imagination is usually what starts the design of the automobile. It's also a video game. They sit in a good place in reality.

That's a bit harsh IMO. I don't see it as marketing as I (and many others i'm sure) would have still bought GT6 without the VGT inclusion.

In my eyes, VGT can only be a good thing. It's the beginning of a closer relationship / partnership between PD and many well established vehicle manufacturers. Also, the unique exclusiveness of the VGT cars is a large 1up on rival console based racing games.

VGT can only push vehicle vision, production and GT-PD forward. 5 VGT Mercs actually being produced is a big deal, i'm not surprised that Kaz is honoured / touched by its happening.

I think we really need to stop complaining about the AI in the game, I have had some very good races against them. They are not perfect, but they are certainly better than GT5. I think there are some far more important issues to address in the game instead of AI at the moment.
While I wouldn't say to stop complaining about the A.I., as the bots really do need some tweaking, I also agree with you. When you get up in ranks, say to the i-B and i-A level, the bots do get quite competitive. Until you get more than a half second lead on them, then they give up. :P

But I have had a LOT of good races against the bots, and the leaders most certainly did NOT give up and let me win in a large number of them. I've saved dozens of replays because the racing was so good, and in about 2/3 of them, the leaders fought me to the finish and won.

Now as to the topic, The RP Moogle is right. Add to everything in his great post the fact that PD is trying to do some very ambitious things on antiquated hardware, and their job is looking pretty tough. They want to give us a Course Maker II which covers an area of 50 x 50 kilometers, and that's a challenge on PCs loaded with ram, never mind an old PS3 with a mere 256MB of system ram. And the OS and game eat up some of that.

The online part is much simpler than what we expected. But look what PD wants to do with it, add on an Event Maker so we can create events possibly including a small racing "season." As well as club and league building tools. And suppose an improved Race Mod along with some kind of Livery Editor, even if it's templates, are going to be included to support the new online leagues.

And I've mentioned a few more things in the News and Discussion thread. Everything they want to do seems like it would fit much better in PS4, so it's more work to squeeze it into the game. And work right, without the bugs no one wants to see. I want all my goodies all at once too, along with smarter, more competitive bots and replay cams that manage to GET OFF THE GROUND AND INTO THE AIR SO I CAN SEE THE RACE, thank you. Ahem. ;)

Patience, young ones. Christmas will come, eventually.

In my eyes, VGT can only be a good thing. It's the beginning of a closer relationship / partnership between PD and many well established vehicle manufacturers. Also, the unique exclusiveness of the VGT cars is a large 1up on rival console based racing games.

This right here.

I personally don't like the VGT cars, but I recongnize and appreciate the concept @Nurburgthing points out. Whatever strategies bring PD closer with manufacturers (especially certain German manufacturers :)) is a good thing.

Do you sometimes read what you type?
You do not want to tell us that the "japanese way" has done a real quality input above the "games made in North America and in Europe tend to be made quickly and without good quality in some cases due to our fast-paced life style".

The answer above directly pointed at GT 6 game quality out of the box is an insult to anybody working on his profession.

If it wasn't too true and sad i could find the time to smile about your ignorance of what a customer can expect from a professional game developer.
Well I'm sorry for ticking you off.

Back