Kazunori: Gran Turismo 5 out during 2007

• Thread starter amar212
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid Lifters
Sometimes, people ask me why I, such a huge GT fan, don't like GT4 that much. This is the reason I'll point out to them from now on.

It's so damn annoying and frustrating setting up a car for close racing against the AI. I have much more fun playing GT3 because the lack of presents of a "Rabbit" AI car. I really don't understand why PD made GT4 this way! It was a very bad move.

What's worse, you need to run heavy AMS, and other time robbing vehicle controls, because once the AI taps you in a turn or corner, you're gone! It's next to impossible getting a 200 point race completed with the AI bumping you out of the way all the time. Some races, one bump, and you lose first place. Very frustrating!

Reading this and a few other posts about getting a competitive race out of the AI, I got to wondering about having a feature in setting up a race where you could dial in exactly how many A-spec points you want to earn in that race and the game would select your opponents appropriately. The family races seem to have a similar feature now.

This could be directly related to how much money you earn for 1st place too and in essence would allow you to choose your difficulty level in playing the game.

Maven
most people were complaining that 700 cars was too much!
I sincerely doubt that. Most people haven't even been complaining about the number of Skylines. Most people also don't seem to be throwing a fit demanding car damage. We'll get it in one form or another though.

I just hope that Polyphony continues to be brilliant, and gives us dazzling graphics and gameplay, as well as a few more innovations on the order of Photo Mode. Savable replays is a great idea, and I don't see why not, as I'll be having a hard drive one way or another. Damage should be last on the list, as I really doubt any but a handful of weirdoes buy a game so they can wreck their car.

Frankly I buy a racing game to race, and win, but that's just me. :sly:

GT4 looks so good that if GT5 is marginally better looking, as long as it works well in 1080i/720p, I'd be happy with that, along with the super accurate car models, detailed reality engine, living crowds and the many game modes. But I still think that Polyphony will give us this, a seriously upgraded GT4 with many of GT5's features at the PS3 launch. If they did that, I could wait a little longer for a meticulously coded, well endowed GT5. With tons more cars and tracks. :D

live4speed
It would kick ass paying another £30-£40 quid for a game I've already played the wheels off.
Yes it would, in order to get 14 more competitors with good AI. I'm with Hun200.

Oh, and an excellent idea, Trimmer.

Hey guy, could u help me here?!
This is the thing:

There's a video about VISION GRAN TURISMO 5 in the net, right?!?
But I just found HIGH QUALITY VIDEO and I'd like a worst quality, u know?!
I don't have a VERY NICE video card here so, it's a problem for me, I can't see colors! LOL

Would someone help me with this thing?!

Sorry about the BAD ENGLISH, I'm from Brazil and learning english yet! ^^

Thank you so much! :)👍

they need to fix the physics and improve on the steerin wheel feedback, not to mention damage in the next GT
got to 60 % all gold on gt4 then bored my nuts off :P
the drifting is broken,

These are suposedly the release games that are being brought out with the PS3:

Gran Turismo 5, Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Getaway 3, Devil May Cry 4 and Warhawk Redux

I think maybe VisionGT may be a release game for PS3 as GT4 was with the PS2. VisionGT has been in development for a long time, it supposedly started at the same time as GT4. I think '07/08 is a bit too far off for Sony to gamble with, as it would be a perfect first punch for the PS3. My guess is that it would at least be one of the first games for PS3, Spring '06.

NeoKyo
they need to fix the physics and improve on the steerin wheel feedback, not to mention damage in the next GT
got to 60 % all gold on gt4 then bored my nuts off :P
the drifting is broken,

There is nothing wrong with drifting in GT4, it's not easy to do as in GT3. But it works hella fine, I drift with stock vehicles, such as the Eclipse Spyder.

-Jack-

Gran Turismo 5, Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid 4, The Getaway 3, Devil May Cry 4 and Warhawk Redux

I think maybe VisionGT may be a release game for PS3 as GT4 was with the PS2. VisionGT has been in development for a long time, it supposedly started at the same time as GT4. I think '07/08 is a bit too far off for Sony to gamble with, as it would be a perfect first punch for the PS3. My guess is that it would at least be one of the first games for PS3, Spring '06.

GT Visions was not in developement for a long time, it was tossed together to showcase PS3's projected power, besides who would believe that GT Visions was in dev that long if it's basically GT4 engine with some bells and whistles tossed in. GT5 is a totally different beast, look to be either right on the scale of PGR 3 or beyond it in visuals. With PD we know visuals will be amazing, but it's the physics and the highly fine tuned tracks, even deeper tuning features and the return of full race body outfitting.

It could be a good idea to throw in the 'Gran Turismo Vision' with the PS3 as a launch/bundle title... even if its just GT4 with 20+ cars is fine... it'll make a GT to play on the PS3 (just in case its not fully backward compatible).

-Jack-

First off do you have and proof like a link or a source for that.

Secondly there is not such game Vision GT, Vision GT is the name of a demo used to give an example of what's in store for us in the next GT game, as you may or may not have notice, they blended in a little GT5 into the last VGT demo, once the whole demo is all run from the GT5 engine it won't be a Vision GT demo anymore, it'll be a proper GT5 one.

GT5 was being worked on from early in GT4's development, I use the term worked on very loosely. They basically collected far more data when prepariong for GT4 so they could re-use it all and include all the extra stuff the PS3 can handle without having to do the whip around all over again testing all the cars all over again ect. The actaul work on the GT5 game engine I believe started roughly 1 year ago which was the time that Sony's in house dev teams all got hold of PS3 dev kits, then third party developers got them within the next couple of months.

SavageEvil
GT Visions was not in developement for a long time, it was tossed together to showcase PS3's projected power, besides who would believe that GT Visions was in dev that long if it's basically GT4 engine with some bells and whistles tossed in. GT5 is a totally different beast, look to be either right on the scale of PGR 3 or beyond it in visuals. With PD we know visuals will be amazing, but it's the physics and the highly fine tuned tracks, even deeper tuning features and the return of full race body outfitting.

I read a while ago about another GT while the 4th was in development, with a Sony representative saying another was in development so soon because they wanted a new GT released the same time as the launch of the PS3.
I'm fairly sure the game developers at PD were told of the PS3 much longer before anyone on the outside did, and therfor had the opertunity to take advantage of its technology early. Thats what makes sense to me. Releasing GT5 years after the hype of a release of a new console is a wasted opertunity.

PD got the PS3 dev kits at the same time as every other inhouse developer from Sony, this time last year no sooner. Theres been rumours of two, sorry three other GT games besides GT5, GT mobile (the much delayed PSP one), GT for kids, but thats just a rumour started by Kaz saying he'd like to make a GT game for kids, he never said he WAS planning on making it or not, just that he'd like to. And finally GT4 online, which from the looks of things is a no show too. None of these were rumoured to be PS3 games o better yet, PS3 launch titles, the PSP one was well PSP, the kids one is a nothing as far as things are at the moment, and the online one was for the PS2 but from the look of things was probably more of a ploy to keep people interested in GT4 after learning it wouldn't have online gameplay.

live4speed
First off do you have and proof like a link or a source for that.

Secondly there is not such game Vision GT, Vision GT is the name of a demo used to give an example of what's in store for us in the next GT game, as you may or may not have notice, they blended in a little GT5 into the last VGT demo, once the whole demo is all run from the GT5 engine it won't be a Vision GT demo anymore, it'll be a proper GT5 one.

GT5 was being worked on from early in GT4's development, I use the term worked on very loosely. They basically collected far more data when prepariong for GT4 so they could re-use it all and include all the extra stuff the PS3 can handle without having to do the whip around all over again testing all the cars all over again ect. The actaul work on the GT5 game engine I believe started roughly 1 year ago which was the time that Sony's in house dev teams all got hold of PS3 dev kits, then third party developers got them within the next couple of months.

Yea I have the names of 'GTVision' and 'GT5' a little mixed up.

And I don't have proof of my point, as it was in a magazine. The point i'm trying to make is that Sony, with the PS2, requested developers to make sequals to certain games so that they could be released with the new console. And i can't see this changing with the PS3, and Gran Turismo is a prime candidate to be the flagship game, as its known for its remarkable blend of graphics and realism. GT3 was hardly seen until right upto its release. PD need to make profits like any organisation, and being the leading title of a new console (and also very little competition) it will make a huge ammount of revenue.

If nothing new of the GT series is being released with the new console then someone has made a bad call at PD HQ.

No Playstation has lauched with a GT title on the shelves, thats something that I expect to carry on as it has done. PD are in this prime position of knowing that whenever they launch the game x ammoungt of people will buy it. What they need to do, and I do mean NEED is to make sure GT5 pleases the long time fans of the GT series, becasue GT4 didn't do that to the desired level. If GT5 doesn't, then they could be looking at lower GT6 sales, but as it is, GT5's a certified hit no matter when it's released.

This may seem kind of ackward, but since I saw post discussing about playing Vision GT which is unofficially known as a HI-RES version of GT4. Anyways I was wondering of perhaps remaking GT,GT2 to be playable on the PS3 or PS2 whichever, kind of a Resident Evil remakes, because if I remember correct, GT2 had some awesome cars, I'd at least like to play looking great. The Cerumo One Supra GT, GT90, and etc.

Also, has anyone heard any news on GT5, cause this site has been dead since the release of GT4. So dead!

GILLET
This may seem kind of ackward, but since I saw post discussing about playing Vision GT which is unofficially known as a HI-RES version of GT4. Anyways I was wondering of perhaps remaking GT,GT2 to be playable on the PS3 or PS2 whichever, kind of a Resident Evil remakes, because if I remember correct, GT2 had some awesome cars, I'd at least like to play looking great. The Cerumo One Supra GT, GT90, and etc.

Also, has anyone heard any news on GT5, cause this site has been dead since the release of GT4. So dead!
Unlike Resident Evil, there isn't a story or scenario to remake. All you would do is lose all the features added in GT3 and GT4. What's the point in that? If almost every car in GT2 is added in GT5, and it has everything we've been asking for since its anouncement (better AI, physics, graphics, damage, weather, etc.), wouldn't that be a thousand times better than a remake?

VIPFREAK
I'll say 2020...
eek13.gif

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat im not waiting that long, Geeeez
I think playstation would have been well and truly phazed out by then. LOL
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

BTW 100.000 cars and every track around the world would be nice but we'd never get around to completing the game, let alone trying to drift/race on every track.

Hapul
If I wait 2+ years and they don't have Bathurst, I'd be very annoyed.

Don't set yourself up for dissapointment mate. KY/PD don't know or don't seem to be interested in what we want. I'd like to see Bathurst in GT5 too but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I hope by 2007 there will be a GT5 that will satisfy me. I have a small list of things I'd like in GT5 and although I've wanted them in since GT1 and haven't gotten them, I've kept buying the GT games. Yes it's nice to get what you ask for in terms of features and content in games but in the end if the game's good I'll buy it. I bought GT4 and now I've stopped playing it and sold it, less than 6 months later. I've gone back to GT3, which I've played for more than 3 years, because of better 2 player features. One thing I can guarantee is that if the next GT game has poor multiplayer support it will not be a success.

63AvantiR3
2007 huh? That's on par with the time between previous versions, excluding GT4. In the time that passed between GT3 & GT4, there could have been releases of two games if P.D. could have kept on the "one game every 2 years" plan. When was the first one, 1997 right? Then GT2 was out in 1999 and GT3 was 2001 correct? There should have been a release sometime around 2003, but that was bypassed and we got GT4 this year. I do hold my reservations about GT5's schedule, but who knows, maybe Kaz gets it right and we're back on the two-year plan again?

"Sometime in 2007" leaves a lot of time for rendering cars. A) I hope the Camaro makes a return for model year 2007. B) 'A' must happen first, but I hope that the 2007 Camaro makes it into GT5. Future versions of GT need less "cloned" cars and more variation of cars.

"100 times more detailed" could mean more than just detailed graphically. Kaz could mean that he's adding more detail to the tuning engine. Remember, there's really only so much detail that a television can show; but tuning, ah the details that could be added to the tuning side of the game.

Regarding your criticism of the schedule. I'm not going to pretend I know everything about everything, but there is one point I'd like to make.

They've done more research for GT4 than any other game in the entire series. They really mapped a lot of stuff out and gathered a LOT of data. This is all data they can use for GT5, so I'm pretty confident this time around that they can do some pretty amazing things given the timeframe, as they won't have to re-research everything.

At least, we can hope anyway. :)

I do remember KY saying b4 that when they made GT4, they made all the content higher detail than PS2 could handle and they just notched it all down to what the Ps2 could do, this was to save time on cars and tracks for GT5 since they already have high detail stuff. So basically you can say all of GT4 is already guaranteed if this holds true.
So realy pd has had since gt4 left for production to work on 5.
I'm crossin my fingers that 07 is the release year.
Also hoping to see the big 3 in this one...
I don't mean Ford, Chevy and Dodge either.
I also hope the PS3's power is well taken advantage of.
From what some devs are saying, the demos shown to date aren't even using one of the 7 SPE's that the PS3's cell proc has.
MGS4's team has said that the actual game will look better than current video and images from the demos.
The thought of what the devs are going to be able to do is simply nuts.

I never once say Kazunori use thoes words and read a lot of interviews with him. I did here that being bashed around forums but I think it's just something soeones made up. Theres no way KY would gamble on making PS3 spec cars 2 years before any info on the PS3 is released, if the models arn't good enough or they;re too good, they have to start again. It's like this reducing them to work on the PS2, no-one would do that, it'd be quicker and easier to just make two seperate models. I mean textures, yeah, you can do that with textures quite easilly I guess, but polygon models, not a chance they'd do that.

I think the problem with GT4's release date was that it was too ambitious. It was set for Q4 2003, but the game was so large in terms of content that it ended up being released over a year late. And the final product didn't really live up to the hype (gameplay wise, at least).

For GT5 to be released in 2007, PD has to remember that quality comes before quantity. They should have a target of 450 cars or less and they should add only a few (probably 10) more tracks (old GT tracks(eg. Grindewald, Red Rock Valley) and real world tracks (eg. Spa, Donington)) and photo mode locales.
Their main focus should be the gameplay aspect of GT (the GT mode and AI).

I know what western audiences want, but I don't know what Japanese audiences want. So that may prove to be a problem if the two audiences have different expectations of what GT5 should be.

ArtaNSX
its gonna need ferraris, mclarens, and lambos this time around.

Now were talkin'!

In my humble driving career thru the ages of time I expect the following:

Christmas 2007 release date

EA Sports will probably NOT let KY have some licensing to use a Lambo etc...

I think we need to include more REAL LIFE tracks, and include EVERY TRACK from previous GT games like the pikes peak hill climb

GT will never be launched with a console

100x is just an expression, but it may blow a fuse in my TV as well ;)

They started work on the GT4 engine while making GT3 so they might be doing the same here which leads me to believe late 2007

They NEED, like Duke and many others said, RE-VAMP THE AI!!!! Make them worthy to be in my presence!!!

Damage should be an OPTION at the VERY LEAST

More Involved Career mode

AND.....My Personal Fav....Stricter License Gold Times!

My 2 cents on all this GT5 stuff....late'

jump_ace

jump_ace
EA Sports will probably NOT let KY have some licensing to use a Lambo etc...

And since when exactly does EA Sports own Lamborghini?

Their exclusive license is olny for PS2, don't even know if it still isn't expired anyway. At this point it isn't known whether any car company's license is exclusively held by any game developing company. So it's possible PD can get a hold of Lambo (or any other company), but it's just as possible they can't.

I'd say it isn't that important, and we'll see when the time comes. Nothing to worry about.

Nattefrost
And since when exactly does EA Sports own Lamborghini?

Their exclusive license is olny for PS2, don't even know if it still isn't expired anyway. At this point it isn't known whether any car company's license is exclusively held by any game developing company. So it's possible PD can get a hold of Lambo (or any other company), but it's just as possible they can't.

I'd say it isn't that important, and we'll see when the time comes. Nothing to worry about.

Given Lambo's prior history with EA Sports, they will probably keep doing business together, odds are but hey anything can happen.

jump_ace

I'm a bit confused concerning LAmbo tho... didn't GT3 PAL had a Lambo? or something like that? was an unlockable car of sort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back