Kazunori Yamauchi Has 'No Intention of Stopping' GT Sport's Free Updates

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 22, 2019.

1. BrunusCL82

BrunusCL82

Kazunori Yamauchi Has 'No Intention of Stopping' GT Sport's "At No Additional Cost" Updates*

Confirmed?

2. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Well as those games make a huge amount of money, I guess Gran Turismo can afford to provide free updates. Sony don't need the money from PS Plus users who play GT Sport.

3. DavidMonoy97

DavidMonoy97 (Banned)

The deceased cars are GT5/6 Premiums, because they were removed at launch. For example, the 1954 Gullwing.

4. Magog

Magog

Not really how it works. They are Sony employees. They get a salary. Their money doesn't come from PS+ specifically but a small part of all Sony revenue.

5. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

You might assume that they are all working together, but I would imagine PS Plus have nothing to do with GTS when it comes to the balance books, but Sony will know exactly how many subscriptions are as a result of GTS only, and how many for GTS and other games.

Typically internal departments are often discreet and competitive, not always collaborative and Sony are no exception - e.g in recent news it was revealed Sony's Alpha camera division didn't want Xperia mobile phones to have access to their technology because it would mean a phone has what their £3k cameras have, even though Sony is struggling in the phone market and a top camera is a big selling point.

Pigems likes this.
  6. Sharpie

Sharpie

Sweet.

7. Stephan

Stephan Premium

Oh no not this again.

AgentBlackDog and VeeDoubleU like this.
  8. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

Just because they're not present at launch, doesn't mean they're "deceased."

By that logic, the Skyline R32-R34, FD RX-7, Supra and every other DLC car in this game is "deceased".

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Guess we'll truly reach the nearly 500 cars goal. Noone factored in Super Formula. Even if people felt the Formula GT cars should be in, they don't quite replace them. When guessing what the next cars could be, considerations should be made for unsuspecting race series.

courageC60 likes this.
  10. DavidMonoy97

DavidMonoy97 (Banned)

Well, cars such as R32-4, FD3S, Supra, Miata NA, FC3S, BRZ, 300ZX, E92, 350Z are alive.

11. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

Can someone elaborate? Did the beta have this car or something?

12. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

13. queleuleu

queleuleu

The new "Sony Direct" state of play could be a good opportunity to reveal a new trailer or some official news about the future of GT.

14. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

Nah, the guy ranted and raved on the GT subreddit about how cars were "axed" every time a car he wanted wasn't a part of the monthly silhouette teasers that Kaz posts. Just about everyone there got annoyed with it to the point that the mods banned him from the place.

15. KepleroGT

KepleroGT

AgentBlackDog and BrunusCL82 like this.
  16. Vekta

Vekta

or maybe they could announce Tourist Trophy 2...

pls PD

17. Keith2324

Keith2324

"No Intention." If I remember correctly, there was also no intention of micro-transactions.

Keith.

mynameis66 and ShiftingGears like this.
  18. Stephan

Stephan Premium

"No Intention" and "Will Not Feature" are different though.

But even then, microtransactions in the game aren't intrusive enough to be annoying and at the same time still doesn't remove the very grindy aspect of the game hence we still got peeps here complaining about the credit limit for buying cars with microtransactions.

TheNuvolari, Marcobzzcs and FoRiZon like this.
  19. LotusEvoraGTE

LotusEvoraGTE

I believe you have missed my point. Stating that a car is "dead" or "axed" implies Polyphony and Kaz have decided to stop updating the game, which the title of this thread and news article has clearly disproven.

They will still add your precious Nissan Silvia, Mercedes Gullwing or whatever "axed" car you'll whinge about in due time, just learn to be patient and be grateful for what we have now.

20. Auditore

Auditore

Some people sure love to overcomplicate something as simple as "Free aditional content"

21. Leo Thorne

Leo Thorne

Wow what a legend

22. abrahamx

abrahamx

True, I thought they already stated that there will be no gt7

23. Gamrac

Gamrac

and the final part of the interview?

ExplorerPhs likes this.
  24. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

I never played GT5 or GT6 as I had a Xbox 360 over a PS3.

So the GT5 and GT6 cars coming back is a welcome for me.

I also hope we get more new ones we have been getting new ones in the updates I just hope they put more that we have not seen in the GT series.

25. GBalao888

GBalao888

I have a suspicion that GT7 would likely be pushed back for the PS5, if the updates of GT Sport will be long-term even far beyond the PS4's lifetime.

courageC60 likes this.
  26. Gamrac

Gamrac

who told you gt7 will be for ps4?

27. mynameis66

mynameis66

Beat me to it. :lol:

28. Cerebral303

Cerebral303

To slightly misquote an old saying "The road to hell is paved with no intentions".

courageC60 likes this.
  29. Vspectra

Vspectra

GT7 has been known about in various interviews. From an older one.

https://www.dualshockers.com/kazunori-yamauchi-gran-turismo-7-sport/

Asked whether there are already concrete plans for the next GT, he mentioned that he cannot say anything specific, but “from the moment he releases a Gran Turismo, he has started creating the next Gran Turismo.” About whether it’ll be called Gran Turismo 7 or not, he mentioned that he doesn’t know yet.
    More recent interviews he mentions the next GT will be more like previous ones, but Sport online mode will continue on.

30. rdizzlator

rdizzlator

One of the things about daily races being changed daily, the ability to drive the same fluffy car on different tracks across the week. I don't mind having take the fiat for a spin, but taking the fiat for a spin on the same course two weeks in a month means I won't do it as much.