Kazunori Yamauchi Has 'No Intention of Stopping' GT Sport's Free Updates

The number of GTS players, who pay for PSN+ and own no other games is going to be incredibly small. So small as to make no significant difference at all to the profit line for PS+.

You only have to look at the difference in player numbers for a single FPS in comparison to GTS to see that's the case, and that's without the fact that only around a third of GTS players have even used Sports mode.

GTS is used as one of the titles Sony like to promote products with because it looks good when doing so, the average TV buyer isn't making that buying choice based on GTS being used, but on how good the product looks.

As it stands right now FIFA and COD players have a massively better argument (using your logic) that they should get free stuff given that they are bringing far more revenue to Sony via PS+ regardless of who publishes them.
Well as those games make a huge amount of money, I guess Gran Turismo can afford to provide free updates. Sony don't need the money from PS Plus users who play GT Sport.

Im pretty sure Sony gives some of the Ps+ cut to Pd for making new content. So Updates are only free if you arent subscribed to Ps+. Otherwise always some of the money you gave will go to Gran turismo content. Even if you dont have the game.

There is no other way Pd can get enough budget. Microtransaction alone will never be enough for a monthly update.

Not really how it works. They are Sony employees. They get a salary. Their money doesn't come from PS+ specifically but a small part of all Sony revenue.

You might assume that they are all working together, but I would imagine PS Plus have nothing to do with GTS when it comes to the balance books, but Sony will know exactly how many subscriptions are as a result of GTS only, and how many for GTS and other games.

Typically internal departments are often discreet and competitive, not always collaborative and Sony are no exception - e.g in recent news it was revealed Sony's Alpha camera division didn't want Xperia mobile phones to have access to their technology because it would mean a phone has what their £3k cameras have, even though Sony is struggling in the phone market and a top camera is a big selling point.

Guess we'll truly reach the nearly 500 cars goal. Noone factored in Super Formula. Even if people felt the Formula GT cars should be in, they don't quite replace them. When guessing what the next cars could be, considerations should be made for unsuspecting race series.

Just because they're not present at launch, doesn't mean they're "deceased."

By that logic, the Skyline R32-R34, FD RX-7, Supra and every other DLC car in this game is "deceased".

Well, cars such as R32-4, FD3S, Supra, Miata NA, FC3S, BRZ, 300ZX, E92, 350Z are alive.

Can someone elaborate? Did the beta have this car or something?

Nah, the guy ranted and raved on the GT subreddit about how cars were "axed" every time a car he wanted wasn't a part of the monthly silhouette teasers that Kaz posts. Just about everyone there got annoyed with it to the point that the mods banned him from the place.

"No Intention." If I remember correctly, there was also no intention of micro-transactions.

Keith.
"No Intention" and "Will Not Feature" are different though.

But even then, microtransactions in the game aren't intrusive enough to be annoying and at the same time still doesn't remove the very grindy aspect of the game hence we still got peeps here complaining about the credit limit for buying cars with microtransactions.

Well, cars such as R32-4, FD3S, Supra, Miata NA, FC3S, BRZ, 300ZX, E92, 350Z are alive.

I believe you have missed my point. Stating that a car is "dead" or "axed" implies Polyphony and Kaz have decided to stop updating the game, which the title of this thread and news article has clearly disproven.

They will still add your precious Nissan Silvia, Mercedes Gullwing or whatever "axed" car you'll whinge about in due time, just learn to be patient and be grateful for what we have now.

The deceased cars are GT5/6 Premiums, because they were removed at launch. For example, the 1954 Gullwing.

I never played GT5 or GT6 as I had a Xbox 360 over a PS3.

So the GT5 and GT6 cars coming back is a welcome for me.

I also hope we get more new ones we have been getting new ones in the updates I just hope they put more that we have not seen in the GT series.

I have a suspicion that GT7 would likely be pushed back for the PS5, if the updates of GT Sport will be long-term even far beyond the PS4's lifetime.

True, I thought they already stated that there will be no gt7

GT7 has been known about in various interviews. From an older one.

https://www.dualshockers.com/kazunori-yamauchi-gran-turismo-7-sport/

Asked whether there are already concrete plans for the next GT, he mentioned that he cannot say anything specific, but “from the moment he releases a Gran Turismo, he has started creating the next Gran Turismo.” About whether it’ll be called Gran Turismo 7 or not, he mentioned that he doesn’t know yet.
More recent interviews he mentions the next GT will be more like previous ones, but Sport online mode will continue on.

Increasing "the capacity of the team", to look after the Daily Races, is a must. I guess just use a spreadsheet for the combos instead of just coming with one on the fly. Maybe? Yes?

Even if next week uses the same classes and say, the MX-5 again, at least switch to one of the bigger tracks and increase power and tyre grip or allow suspension tuning.
One of the things about daily races being changed daily, the ability to drive the same fluffy car on different tracks across the week. I don't mind having take the fiat for a spin, but taking the fiat for a spin on the same course two weeks in a month means I won't do it as much.

Latest Posts

Back