• 817 comments
Subaru 360 コマーシャル or commercial
DSC_1858_2.JPG
36b9e1cfdfa8e8870a697afc75baddb335348c6e_l.jpg

MG_4853b.jpg
tumblr_pa3xoxQUnZ1ti77kbo4_1280.jpg
o0800060012576260520.jpg
o0800060012576264270.jpg

Do not think that mere size can keep you from that #vanlife lifestyle.
I totally want to get a Kei-van and do it up '70s style with a Boris Vallejo fantasy painting airbushed on the side and shag carpeting inside. Oh, and the diamond porthole window. Gotta have the diamond porthole window on my Subaru Sambar.

I'm quite into that six-wheeled Suzuki and the one below it with pop-out sides like a full-size RV. I feel like the Midget II possibly isn't the most serious of things because I genuinely don't think that vehicle is big enough to sleep in. Unless you're at the very top of that arrangement with your feet above the cab. Like a wheeled Tokyo capsule hotel.

There's a Midget 2 in Torquay used as an advertising vehicle. Will try and get a snap. Not seen one in the metal before.

VXR
There's a Midget 2 in Torquay used as an advertising vehicle. Will try and get a snap. Not seen one in the metal before.
There seem to be a few floating around the UK all for pretty much that purpose. Occasionally you see a clean and tidy one for sale but I suspect they all end up as mobile advertising, which is a shame.

There is one motor racing circuit somewhere in the UK that has one as a paddock vehicle or similar. Can't remember which though - possibly Castle Combe? It'd be a fun thing to find hidden away.

A Japanese trike truck would make the perfect California surfer dude car.
I know right? I could see myself knocking around Huntington Beach in one.

Not that I surf. Just a cool way of getting from apartment to beachfront. It's a shame Daihatsu never produced the Basket concept, which would serve a similar purpose I feel. Part Mira, part Mehari, part Panda.

Daihatsu_Basket_001.jpg

Daihatsu_Basket_004.jpg

Daihatsu_Basket_011.jpg

Back