Kei Central

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 817 comments
I really like the WakuWaku rooftop storage, it's a neat little gimmick that isn't too terrible since you aren't losing headroom.

Edit: On second inspection I didn't realise those are folded down rear seats, so now I wonder if there's enough headroom.

Last edited:
I really like the WakuWaku rooftop storage, it's a neat little gimmick that isn't too terrible since you aren't losing headroom.

Edit: On second inspection I didn't realise those are folded down rear seats, so now I wonder if there's enough headroom.

You can see a rear seat in its regular position in this picture:

2019-daihatsu-wakuwaku-concept.jpg

Looks good to me headroom-wise.

Showed my wife the TsumuTsumu, she said, "I WANT ONE! WHat colors do they come in?! Orange!! I want Orange! Maybe hot pink!" :lol:

Oh... and the little trailer above. She says*eyes wide open again* I can just get that to set myself up at the markets!!!! I did want a van anyway."

Showed my wife the TsumuTsumu, she said, "I WANT ONE! WHat colors do they come in?! Orange!! I want Orange! Maybe hot pink!" :lol:

Oh... and the little trailer above. She says*eyes wide open again* I can just get that to set myself up at the markets!!!! I did want a van anyway."

Apparently you have scored a fantastic partner for life, congratulations :cheers:

To be honest I'd be a little bit worried about weight with the trailer setup though. When I imagine my Daihatsu Move with like double its weight it would become a bit of a road hazard :nervous:

Honda N 360 "Super Tuner", powered by a Honda VFR 800cc V4 motorcycle engine driving the rear wheels on a Mazda Miata suspension system.

edd92814653b45996641696054c5dae0ca3441e0.jpg

fde3b1ef601f6c1a038ccbd210d0850dc5286e5a.jpg

2d7ff1bbb1787c5f94a73d864d62d42c11de6ea6.jpg

The first set of picture once again makes me long for simplicity in today's cars...

That N360 appears to be a super clean build, I like it!

It makes me sad that all Midgets in the UK seem to be mobile advertising boards. I really want to find a regular Midget with all the original parts, original colour etc. Sub-£2.5k-ish I'd be very tempted indeed. They're usually a bit more than that when they come up though.

I wonder how it drives with a trailer and therefore extra weight attached.
I doubt that trailer and sign combined weigh more than 100lbs/45kg. I suspect they don't affect the driving much at all.

VXR
Pretty awesome how the Z is on five-stud hubs!
It seems like overkill, but then for its size the Z is really quite heavy - up to 970kg according to Wiki. A brand new Jimny kei car is 1030kg, and a conventional modern kei, like the Honda N One, is no more than 920kg with four-wheel drive (and from 830kg without).

Back