Kei Central

  • Thread starter Thread starter 05XR8
  • 938 comments
  • 167,164 views
The TsumuTsumu would be a great delivery truck, and the WakuWaku would be a great weekender car.
I think maybe minus a few gimmicks these two do at least preview production models. They aren't that over the top, especially for Japanese concept cars :D
 
I really like the WakuWaku rooftop storage, it's a neat little gimmick that isn't too terrible since you aren't losing headroom.

Edit: On second inspection I didn't realise those are folded down rear seats, so now I wonder if there's enough headroom.
 
Last edited:
I really like the WakuWaku rooftop storage, it's a neat little gimmick that isn't too terrible since you aren't losing headroom.

Edit: On second inspection I didn't realise those are folded down rear seats, so now I wonder if there's enough headroom.

You can see a rear seat in its regular position in this picture:

2019-daihatsu-wakuwaku-concept.jpg


Looks good to me headroom-wise.
 
The Tsumu Tsumu is the one. Awesome little truck. Would be my choice for daily driver. Towing my GR Copen as track day monster. :lol:
 
Showed my wife the TsumuTsumu, she said, "I WANT ONE! WHat colors do they come in?! Orange!! I want Orange! Maybe hot pink!" :lol:

Oh... and the little trailer above. She says*eyes wide open again* I can just get that to set myself up at the markets!!!! I did want a van anyway."
 
Showed my wife the TsumuTsumu, she said, "I WANT ONE! WHat colors do they come in?! Orange!! I want Orange! Maybe hot pink!" :lol:

Oh... and the little trailer above. She says*eyes wide open again* I can just get that to set myself up at the markets!!!! I did want a van anyway."

Apparently you have scored a fantastic partner for life, congratulations :cheers:

To be honest I'd be a little bit worried about weight with the trailer setup though. When I imagine my Daihatsu Move with like double its weight it would become a bit of a road hazard :nervous:
 




Honda N 360 "Super Tuner", powered by a Honda VFR 800cc V4 motorcycle engine driving the rear wheels on a Mazda Miata suspension system.

edd92814653b45996641696054c5dae0ca3441e0.jpg


fde3b1ef601f6c1a038ccbd210d0850dc5286e5a.jpg


2d7ff1bbb1787c5f94a73d864d62d42c11de6ea6.jpg

The first set of picture once again makes me long for simplicity in today's cars...

That N360 appears to be a super clean build, I like it!
 
Ok, the yellow Camel City is possibly the best Kei of all.
 
So many good cars in that set, but this is far and away my favorite. Not sure if that's a Sambar under the VW bay-window Type 2 nose but it's Cal-look perfection.
 
I'll take two of those Type 2 please. One for day and one for night. :)
 
It makes me sad that all Midgets in the UK seem to be mobile advertising boards. I really want to find a regular Midget with all the original parts, original colour etc. Sub-£2.5k-ish I'd be very tempted indeed. They're usually a bit more than that when they come up though.
 
Is that yours or "just" a spot? I wonder how it drives with a trailer and therefore extra weight attached.

Just a spot.
 
I wonder how it drives with a trailer and therefore extra weight attached.
I doubt that trailer and sign combined weigh more than 100lbs/45kg. I suspect they don't affect the driving much at all.
 
I doubt that trailer and sign combined weigh more than 100lbs/45kg. I suspect they don't affect the driving much at all.

It's more of a general interest ever since we had the pictures of various trailers a few posts back
 
Pretty awesome how the Z is on five-stud hubs!
 
VXR
Pretty awesome how the Z is on five-stud hubs!
It seems like overkill, but then for its size the Z is really quite heavy - up to 970kg according to Wiki. A brand new Jimny kei car is 1030kg, and a conventional modern kei, like the Honda N One, is no more than 920kg with four-wheel drive (and from 830kg without).
 
The new Swift base model, is about 860kg.

Love those optional extras.
 
I believe @05XR8 was adding context to how heavy the Z is by comparison from the smaller Kei class.
 
Back