Kei Central

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 816 comments
images

A fun video from Japan's Best Motoring magazine archives. In 1990, they tested six Kei cars: Suzuki Alto Works RS/X, Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Limited, Subaru Rex Supercharger VX, Mazda Carol type g 4WD, Mitsubishi Minica Dangan Si, and Honda Today XTi. They tested everything from interior sound to slalom, acceleration (with driver only and with four people inside) and several other things, but the highlight is the race at Tsukuba at the end.

Saw that a while back. Amazing how quick some of them are. A few of them were definitely making more power than quoted.

I seem to recall there's a video somewhere on the BM channel of one in a race with an MX-5, and I think it might even beat it. As quick as a Cappuccino too, and those are comfortably the quickest of the kei sports cars...

Ahem. My wife sends me this and says, "perfect" "I want one" "I didn't know they existed". I'm say, "Woman! How do you not know this?! You live with MEEEEE!!!".

Don't know why the link isn't showing, but it's a black Daihatsu Midget for sale ($4000), in Queensland.

Last edited:
Ahem. My wife sends me this and says, "perfect" "I want one" "I didn't know they existed". I'm say, "Woman! How do you not know this?! You live with MEEEEE!!!".

Don't know why the link isn't showing, but it's a black Daihatsu Midget for sale ($4000), in Queensland.

Most browser ad-blockers (thankfully) filter out linked facebook content. Also I have a feeling that your PS5+TV piggybank might experience a severe set-back, albeit for a great reason :D

Most browser ad-blockers (thankfully) filter out linked facebook content. Also I have a feeling that your PS5+TV piggybank might experience a severe set-back, albeit for a great reason :D
My wife is just as bad as me. She's done a total backflip from wanting me to get a new Jimny for myself, to saying we should get the Midget and, ironically, a new MG hatch. What the what? :confused::lol:

images (3).jpeg
images (2).jpeg

Today I saw a nice retro-styled Kei Car. It could also be that it is an old model. I have been looking at the dashcam footage but can't find it anymore. :guilty:

If I find it, I'll post a screenshot.

Today I saw a nice retro-styled Kei Car. It could also be that it is an old model. I have been looking at the dashcam footage but can't find it anymore. :guilty:

If I find it, I'll post a screenshot.
Like Nissan Figaro retro? Or actual 60s / 50s vintage?

One day, we'll eventually go a page in this thread without someone thinking one of the Pike cars is a kei car. That day we will truly be blessed.
Thank you very much for the comment. I'm definitely not as smart as you when it comes to cars.
You are the man.

Back