Kei Central

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 817 comments
It's a pity importing is such an expensive business really. Both are fairly cheap cars - putting both through a currency converter the Copen starts at about £13k over here and the S660 about £14k, but you can bet that by the time each had hit the UK it'd be MX-5 money.

In Japan itself, it appears the MX-5 itself starts at about £17.5k, which is currently about £1300 less than it is in the UK. That's actually not bad given how poor the exchange rate is at the moment, and that the small increase presumably has to cover import costs too.

Anyway, more Copen:

c01_10.jpg
c01_11.jpg
c01_13.jpg
c02_06.jpg
c02_12.jpg

Dang, I would love to own that Z-Act or the N360.
I'm looking into importing a Kei to Portugal in a few years, as my personal car, since my wife will start driving our Altea XL more due to work.
I'm expecting around 5-6k€ more on legalizing expenses

I bought the new issue of Modern Classics yesterday and there's a Midget II for sale in the classifieds.

VXR
I bought the new issue of Modern Classics yesterday and there's a Midget II for sale in the classifieds.
Think you might have picked up last month's issue - there was one in there, but not in the issue I picked up a couple of days ago (with the Golf VR6 on the cover).

Think you might have picked up last month's issue - there was one in there, but not in the issue I picked up a couple of days ago (with the Golf VR6 on the cover).

Ah, you're right. I saw it on Tuesday when checking to see the on sale date for the new issue.

Back