United States
United States
http://www.autoblog.com/2016/06/13/kia-gt-spy-shots/

kia-gt-stinger-07-1.jpg

kia-gt-stinger-02-1.jpg

Looks like an Optima to me

Sportier version ?

Optima GT like the Honda CroosTour or the BMW 3GT

Or is it more like BMW 4GC and Audi A5 Sport Coupe?

Looks like an Optima to me

Sportier version ?

Optima GT like the Honda CroosTour or the BMW 3GT

Or is it more like BMW 4GC and Audi A5 Sport Coupe?

Personally it sounds more like a competitor to the A5 Sportback and such. With potentially bigger engines than, let's say, the european cars.

Is this the basis for the rumored Supercar entry?

At a guess, I'd say it is.
I don't know if the K8 is the Stinger GT. Plus, we'll need to find out if its a 2.0T or the 3.3 V6TT.

Edit:http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1107500_2018-kia-gt-stinger-leaked
Kia’s rear-wheel-drive sport sedan based on the GT concept car that we first saw at the 2011 Frankfurt auto show has been outed.

We've already spied prototypes but now a leaked shot courtesy of the Kia-World blog reveals what’s likely to be a pre-production model. While there are clear influences from the concept, it appears most of the lines have been toned down for production.

It’s still not clear what the car will be called but for most markets it’s expected to be labeled a Stinger. In Kia’s home market of Korea it will be labeled a K8, signifying its positioning between the K7 (Cadenza) and K9 (K900).
Under the skin the car is a twin with the Genesis G70 that's also in the works. The platform is believed to be a shortened version of the design found in the Genesis G80 and G90. Peak output of 365 horsepower should come from a turbocharged V-6 in range-topping trim, with drive going to the rear wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission. An inline-4 and possibly a hybrid option should also be on offer.

I'm pretty excited for this thing. The spy shots (and the original GT concept) suggest it'll look pretty good, and Kias are getting better to drive all the time. Will be interesting to see how it's priced - the company has more respect now than it used to, but I'm still not sure they can charge big money for it given the badge.

Maybe they can exact a premium. The Optima looks high class. That Pro C'eed Scirocco-look a like, looked the business too.

Appears this will be sportier than the Genesis sedan. Much sportier than a Mazda6. The GT could steal some past Holden drivers as well.

That Pro C'eed Scirocco-look a like, looked the business too.
I've been running one for a year!

14564911_263232640737806_7708311336664432640_n.jpg

Not quite Scirocco-like though, more like a regular 3-door hatch with a rising beltline than a low-slung coupe. Costs about £23k over here which is less than something like a Golf GTI (which is nearer £26k-27k), but then it's less powerful too. This one doesn't feel "premium" as such either so Kia wouldn't have been able to justify charging more (as it is, you rarely see them), but it's a good indication that Kia's engineers know their stuff when it comes to making something handle.

True, I don't see as many on the streets as Velosters, but it looks sportier than a Veloster. Plus, I can't remember a big sales push for the Pro C'eed. Did make stand up when I saw them at the dealership.

Stinger, ay?
KIA has set its alarm clock to January 8, counting down its attack on the exclusively European sports-sedan market with a high-performance luxury model known as the Stinger.

The new top-end model from the ambitious Korean car-maker, based on Kia’s 2011 GT Concept shown at the Frankfurt motor show, has been teased through a series of The Curve Ahead videos and detail photographs.

On January 8, at the Detroit motor show, the four-door has its debut to end the hype and potentially put Kia on the road as a competitor to fastback rivals including the Audi A5, BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe and Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class.

More importantly for Australia, the five-seat, rear-drive Stinger could also seen as a successor to the Commodore SS and Falcon XR6 Turbo.

The Stinger is on track for a launch here in the third quarter of this year with pricing expected to start around the low $40,000 mark.

Though a new entrant in Kia’s model range, the Stinger was actually one of the first sketches made by the company’s design boss, Peter Schreyer.

Mr Schreyer, subsequently promoted to the president and chief design officer of Hyundai-Kia Motors, also penned a small, MX-5-sized roadster – seen in 2014 as the GT4 Stinger concept – that is still awaiting the green light.

In a statement, Mr Schreyer said: “This new vehicle is going to fundamentally change the global image of Kia”.

“It will revolutionise the way people think about the brand and propel us upwards into a different era. You cannot believe how excited I am about this car.”

The Stinger, also dubbed GT by industry watchers, is built on the Genesis G70 rear-drive platform but has unique drivetrain and suspension tuning.

It is possible the car will get the Hyundai/Kia 310kW 5.0-litre V8 – as fitted to the Genesis G90 – though a more likely starter for the Australian market will be a bi-turbo 272kW/509Nm 3.3-litre V6, also from the G90.

It is likely a less-expensive version will get a 202kW 2.0-litre turbo-petrol four-cylinder here, and European markets could potentially have a diesel-powered variant. All engines mate to an eight-speed automatic and there is no manual transmission on offer.

Reports from Europe claim the V6 Stinger will have a 0-100km/h sprint time of only 5.1 seconds and a top speed of 245km/h, making it Kia’s fastest production model.

Kia has trickled news of the Stinger including blurred video sequences of it performing on the Nurburgring track to emphasis its sports-sedan direction.

The teaser shots also reveal a flowing body shape similar to the lines of the Porsche Panamera, thin LED headlights and daytime running lights, gills behind the front wheels, and bonnet vents.

In launching the videos, Kia’s statement said: “The curve ahead is all about potential. The potential to clip every apex, and consume every straight. To take on each twist and turn with agility, speed, and progressive design.”

kia_gt_large.jpg

Back