Kia GT Sport Concept becomes the 2018 Kia Stinger

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 147 comments
FB_IMG_1484783307231.jpg

Last edited:
If you have never been excited for a Kia before, now may be a time to start with this Stinger. It's a great looking car. How it will fare against its would-be opposition remains to be seen. For now, I do think it's a great car that could make a fairly good statement. Or will it be slighted among the opposition just because it's a Kia? We'll have to see what this Kia will be capable of on the grander scale.

I'm not really sure what the Stinger is competing with at it's size, specification, and price. It seems to be a segment buster, which is....sometimes a good thing?

I really like the idea of the Stinger, but I do feel like it's a bit expensive for what it is.

The only thing I can think of is the Chevy SS at the high-end. Possibly a poor man's M5? I guess it also touches the Giulia's territory.

I'm all for sports sedans, but for the lower version I would prefer to see it go closer to the 300 HP mark. 255 HP would be nice if they had a smaller, lighter car.

The only thing I can think of is the Chevy SS at the high-end. Possibly a poor man's M5? I guess it also touches the Giulia's territory.

I'm all for sports sedans, but for the lower version I would prefer to see it go closer to the 300 HP mark. 255 HP would be nice if they had a smaller, lighter car.

Was going to say the same thing, it seems to slot in where the SS left off. Which if the case...is a land you do not want to be in.

I'm waiting for the verdict on that turbo v6. Kinda worried about blow-by.

The Stinger takes over, where the Falcon XR6 & XR6T and Commodore SV6 & SS end.
We'll see how receptive the public are to the ZB Commodore(or maybe the Supercars racing program helps with sales).

The Kia should do well, with their market reputation, for making good cars.

I fear for the Commodore, simply because seeing the Insignia in person leaves me feeling totally nonplussed. It's a very flat, bland design, looks too long in a visual balance way and nowhere near as shapely as the outgoing car.

I'm waiting for the verdict on that turbo v6. Kinda worried about blow-by.

They engineered a catch can into the new engine...
5:20

Last edited:
The Stinger is *very* high on my list of first new cars within the next few years. Very high. But it's still a few years away so I'll have to see what changes.

Kia goes wild with Stinger

Inspired by the racing GT cars of the 1970s, the GT wide body boasts beefier wheel arch fenders and wider offset tyres, while the 21-inch Keen forged wheels fit snugly with the suspensionlowered 35mm at the front and 30mm at rear.

Further visual cues include a carbon-fibre aero kit and rear diffuser, and quad-port exhaust tips.

Inside, the GT wide body gets custom blue leather seat piping to match the exterior paint scheme, hand-stitched grey leather dash panel, Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and gloss black centre console trim.
1767a92a219f08b328a398446d6338dde5f54edd.jpg

Stinger-iii.jpg

bc4c7b3aa6408d002f00a7baac25706e.jpg

I liked it until the orange side pic.

Looks like is was cheaply dropped.

And I just realized how slim the tires.

All they need to do is change the camber and its pre-stanced from the factory.

**** this thing.

GT Federation:
Painted in an eye-catching custom creamy orange paint colour, the GT Federation gets a rear spoiler, rear diffuser and redesigned hood vents by Air Design USA, along with 20-inch TSW wheels wrapped in Falken tyres.

Engine potency has been enhanced with the fitment of a K&N cold air intake and low-restriction quad-tipped Borla exhaust, which suppliers say boost power output by 11kW to 283kW.

Handling has also been improved, thanks to Eibach springs, thicker anti-roll bars and a reduced ride height.
Kia-Stinger-GT-Federation-edition-750x486.jpg

The ride height looks okay to me. Simple.

Would need smaller wheel diameter. Those are 20". I had stock 19" on my Megane. Those were 35 series sidewalls.

Not beautiful, but a very great looking car. I certainly adore the sides and rear of the car. This car almost tends to have styling cues from BMW and Audi. You can kind of see elements of both German marques in this Korean car. This may probably be the most exciting Kia yet.

My uncle went to the Kia dealer today. Said that the Stinger is incredible in person. Probably going to sell the G8 GT and replace with the Stinger.

This video makes it look fun as hell:

G70 is an understeering pig by comparison.

Also,

Just saw a Cobalt blue Stinger drive past while left Newcastle Airport. Thought it was a Tesla from the front. Looks wide and flat.

The taillights were pretty dark as well(sunny, midday). Very nice Kia. Very nice.

Back