La Gallerie De La Vie," Revival : That's A Drift, American Style ".

  • Thread starter Thread starter Div is back
  • 1,095 comments
  • 52,716 views
Div is back
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

I spent about 10 minutes on each, when you get it right you don't need to spend much more time.

Thanks for the compliments.
Holy friggin' crap.

With pics as good as yours I would've thought you had CS2... but Elements 2.0? You're the king of photo editing, let's all admit it.
 
I don't understand...what's so tough about Elements?...
 
Very sweet updates dude, I love the 2 mines skyline pics, they look very cool, and I like the action and reflections. I would have liked a shot of the front of the Z, but its cool too.
 
The last picture looks washed out...but the first, second and third looks friggin' sexyy dude. I gotta talk to you about PS Div
 
Very nice! that Callaway looks sweet! I like the shine you've created, makes the car look super glossy. Awsome update dude. Keep 'em coming! :dopey:
 
very nice callaway man. #1,2 and 3 are just great man. that car is soo sweet:)👍


stop by gallery and check my callaway update.
 
Your shots are just awesome, excellent job on the four shots. :drool:👍

The pics are so clean, great angles and great editing. Deserves a 9.5/10. You should have removed tthe copyright in 2 last pictures.
 
That Callaway looks awesome!!! :drool: I love it!!! The best pics (in my opinion) are the 2nd and the 4th. I like these colours best! Good work!!! 👍
 
Again very good very really enjoyed your last few updates 👍
 
I love the yellow tinted ones, they look really awesome.
 
Those Callaway shots are great Div!👍 Did you try the cut and paste wheel method? And I have a question about the blur filters in Elements. Are they any different fromthe ones in CS2? Because that Callaway shot is great! I was thinking, and the Adobe guys should come up with a blur filter that allows you to adjust the lines of the blur. Like bending the direction of a motion blur to fit the profile of a certain picture, like bending a path with handles and stuff. You could do some cool stuff with a tool like that.
 
I used the cut and past method, works like a charm.

I don't know about the blurs, I never used CS2.
 
It's great to see another person on here with pics of the C12.
I think I was one of the 1st to post pics though mine has gone back to stock.

But this car is such a blast and sounds mean. Excellent shots of this beauty.👍
 
Brilliant work with the Callaway, Div. In my opinion, the side shots are better than the front shots, but thats just because there is alittle fuzziness around the edge of the car in the first two shots. However, this is easily fixed, so its a 👍 from me :D
 
Does anybody know how to cleanly select cars?

Everytime I apply the blur, I get unblurred parts.

It sucks to clean all that up.


I usually just create a layer for the background, and a layer for the cars, I
apply the blur to the background, and I get unblurred parts around the cars.

Any tips?
 
I have no idea how to select the cars, but the shot is very good 👍
 
Not your best, Div, but still good.
 
Ask PERFECT BALANCE...he knows. I do too but I don't want to explain it :indiff: I see your faults in this pic. Defineately not your best work
 
Those 2 sets were taken at New York, a track on which I never achieved much.

They are overdone, it's the first time that I took more than 10 min on a pic, it's a bad sign.
 
I don't get you MKthree... Those shots are amazing. The first one with the tvr is genius. It could be cleaner around the blur, but I think it has got a very nice touch of darkness to it.

The viper shots are great as well. The red jumps out right in the face. The yellow tinted one is slightly too dark for me. 👍
 
Div is back
Does anybody know how to cleanly select cars?

Everytime I apply the blur, I get unblurred parts.

It sucks to clean all that up.


I usually just create a layer for the background, and a layer for the cars, I
apply the blur to the background, and I get unblurred parts around the cars.

Any tips?

I know! I beleive you have seen my tutorial in my thread. If you have not, check it out sometime. But I have tweaked it in a bit from the time I created that, so I will give you a little update.

First, just try to get as close to the car edge as you can. Zoom in to 600%, 700%, whatever it takes. DO NOT FEATHER THE EDGE! NO SELECTION FEATHER! I don't know if you do or not, but you get much better results when you do not. Than once you have selected the car, copy the car selection, and paste it on a new layer. Than duplicate the original layer 3 times. Use your car selection to cut the car out of 2 of the 3 original layer duplicates. (Just save the selection when you first select it. Than load the selection on the layer and press delete on your keyboard, in case you are wondering how to do that.) Make sure the 2 that you cut the car out of are on top of the one with the car still in tact. (And of course, make sure your layer with just the car is on top of all of them.) Motion or Radial blur the first one to the desired amount. Than Motion or Radial blur the second one to half the amount you did the first one. Than on the third one with the car still in tact, gausian blur that one to around 3. If that sounds too confusing, let me know. I may make another tutorial because it needs to be updated anyway. This method really works like a charm. Just check this out:



Try it out, you will get good results.
 
Back