Lamborghini URUS SUV Production Model Thread - Officially Revealed

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 119 comments
I actually really like it*...

*apart from the door handles. We don't mention the door handles.

Lamborghini RATON design study: a 6x6 off-road truck that's Urus-based.

lamborghini-raton-3.jpg

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/lamborghini-raton-design-study-makes.html

Honestly, I wish it were real. The G-Class 6x6 would finally have a rival.
A little late for that; production wrapped up along with the next generation G-Wagon alone, just around the corner. :odd:

The Sixty is nothing more than a way for Devel to go, "We build stupid looking off-road stuff too!"

I can understand the I-Pace going racing, but I really struggle to see the point of a racing Urus

Because one, it's Lambo and they're bonkers. Two, people were asking for this and thus must see a way to make money. I don't see the point in any of them racing but it would be an interesting series if it did exist.

Last edited:
To be fair, it was a matter of time until SUVs started racing.

Sure they're not supposed to be sporty and fun, but small compact sedans are not also sporty and fun but people enjoy watching BTCC/WTCC, V8 Supercars, etc. They're used to help sell cars. If they race 'em, they'll probably sell more.

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I know the namesake of a Lamborghini model. After years of using very old fighting bulls they're now starting to use more recent ones. The 6x6 concept called "Ratón" (Mouse) is named after a very famous fighting bull that participated in dozens of local events during the late 2000s. They weren't proper bullfighting events but ones where anyone can jump in and run around the bulls in a bullring or just any closed area, usually a temporary bullring, a townsquare or a park. Ratón, called like this because he was rather small when young, ended up weighting over 1000lbs and had quite a fighting instinct, which resulted in him killing 3 people and injuring over 30 during his very successful career.

ABOUT THE URUS CUP:
I've always said that the 2nd NASCAR national racing series (Grand National/Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity) should use SUV-shaped stockcars, that would be all looks. I don't know if racing an actual SUV around roadcourses is gonna make for a good show... :ill:

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER I know the namesake of a Lamborghini model. After years of using very old fighting bulls they're now starting to use more recent ones. The 6x6 concept called "Ratón" (Mouse) is named after a very famous fighting bull that participated in dozens of local events during the late 2000s. They weren't proper bullfighting events but ones where anyone can jump in and run around the bulls in a bullring or just any closed area, usually a temporary bullring, a townsquare or a park. Ratón, called like this because he was rather small when young, ended up weighting over 1000lbs and had quite a fighting instinct, which resulted in him killing 3 people and injuring over 30 during his very successful career.
Well thats... awful.

Well that's... awful.
Y THO? Ratón was a very successful fighting bull, lived a long life, earned a ton of money for its owner, was so famous it became a household name for entire years... Nobody forces anyone to go run around a fighting bull that weights around 1000lbs, people do it for fun and sometimes they get the horns and Ratón was very streetwise, he could look even lazy a time but it was all his strategy.

Here are some Lamborghini cars named after either fighting bulls or bullfighting terminology:
· Miura, Urraco, Jalpa and Gallardo = fighting bull breeders.
· Jarama = the Jarama River was host to a couple of rather good fighting bull breeders. This car was not named after the racetrack.
· Islero (islander) = the Urraco-bred fighting bull that killed Manolete.
· Diablo (devil) = a ferocious Veragua-bred fighting bull that had a very famous fight.
· Murciélago (bat) = another great fighting bull that had such a great fight that its life was spared (yes, that happens in bullfighting when the bull is good enough).
· Reventón (burst) = the fighting bull that killed Mexico's Félix Guzmán
· Aventador (a machine used to winnow grain) = a fighting bull that earned the biggest prize possible.
· Veneno (venom) = yet another great fighting bull, this one killed an unknown matador in 1914 (I couldn't find much info at all).
· Huracán (hurricane) = another legendary 19th-century fighting bull.
· Espada = sword
· Estoque = the type of sword used in bullfighting to kill the bull.

You can't understand Lambos without bullfighting. ;)

Last edited:
Y THO? Ratón was a very successful fighting bull, lived a long life, earned a ton of money for its owner, was so famous it became a household name for entire years... Nobody forces anyone to go run around a fighting bull that weights around 1000lbs, people do it for fun and sometimes they get the horns and Ratón was very streetwise, he could look even lazy a time but it was all his strategy.

Here are some Lamborghini cars named after either fighting bulls or bullfighting terminology:
· Miura, Urraco, Jalpa and Gallardo = fighting bull breeders.
· Jarama = the Jarama River was host to a couple of rather good fighting bull breeders. This car was not named after the racetrack.
· Islero (islander) = the Urraco-bred fighting bull that killed Manolete.
· Diablo (devil) = a ferocious Veragua-bred fighting bull that had a very famous fight.
· Murciélago (bad) = another great fighting bull that had such a great fight that its life was spared (yes, that happens in bullfighting when the bull is good enough).
· Reventón (burst) = the fighting bull that killed Mexico's Félix Guzmán
· Aventador (a machine used to winnow grain) = a fighting bull that earned the biggest prize possible.
· Veneno (venom) = yet another great fighting bull, this one killed an unknown matador in 1914 (I couldn't find much info at all).
· Huracán (hurricane) = another legendary 19th-century fighting bull.
· Espada = sword
· Estoque = the type of sword used in bullfighting to kill the bull.

You can't understand Lambos without bullfighting. ;)
Dude, people dying is awful. Doesnt matter if they were doing something dangerous. You dont say to some poor family "well he was surfing near the rocks so he really had it coming". Or "car accidents are statistically quite common, so it was bound to happen at some point".

Dude, people dying is awful. Doesnt matter if they were doing something dangerous. You dont say to some poor family "well he was surfing near the rocks so he really had it coming". Or "car accidents are statistically quite common, so it was bound to happen at some point".
Jumping into a ring with a 1,000lb animal of solid muscle and sharp horns doesn't lead much for sympathy. Sucks 3 people died, but that's the risk they took getting near this creature.
1364327931_823667_1364328082_noticia_normal.jpg

ABOUT THE URUS CUP:
I've always said that the 2nd NASCAR national racing series (Grand National/Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity) should use SUV-shaped stockcars, that would be all looks. I don't know if racing an actual SUV around roadcourses is gonna make for a good show... :ill:

Not to be a downer, but it's not really a Lamborghini model...it's just an illustration some guy did with no affiliation to the company.

In fact, Lamborghini says the Urus has set sales records year on year and is responsible for doubling company volumes and the size of the Sant’Agata Bolognese factory. The 20,000th Urus, specified with a Viola Mithras finish in combination with black brake calipers and a panoramic roof, is destined for a customer in Azerbaijan, the firm says.

Urus Performante

1660937181988.png

1660937195270.png

1660937199850.png

The twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 has been massaged to extract an additional 16 hp for a grand total of 666 hp. As for torque, it has remained unchanged, at 850 Newton-meters (627 pound-feet).

The Urus has been put on a diet to remove 47 kilograms (104 pounds) of fat to further elevate performance. Speaking of which, the Performante shaves off three-tenths of a second from the 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) sprint, which now takes only 3.3 seconds. Flat out, the family sports car on stilts will do 190 mph (306 km/h) or just about the same as before.

Aside from gaining power and losing weight, the Lamborghini Urus Performante has had its chassis lowered by 20 millimeters (0.8 inches) while the tracks have been widened by 16 mm (0.6 in). Beefier carbon fiber wheel arches host optional 23-inch or forged 22-inch wheels featuring titanium bolts and bespoke Pirelli Trofeo R tires.

The fastest production SUV at Pikes Peak is actually 25 millimeters (almost an inch) longer than before after making changes to the front and rear bumpers. Tweaks to the roof-mounted spoiler have also been made and include carbon fiber fins derived from the Aventador SVJ to help increase rear downforce by 38 percent. Overall, downforce is up by 8 percent compared to the non-Performante spec.

As standard, the Urus Performante has an Akrapovic exhaust and numerous carbon fiber pieces, including the lower rear bumper and diffuser. There's also a new differential to help distribute torque more efficiently, along with a quicker rear-wheel-steering system. For a more direct feel, Lamborghini has also recalibrated the front-wheel steering.

Beyond the usual driving modes, the 2023 Urus adds Rally for better performance on dirt roads. The anti-roll and damping systems are reconfigured to handle tougher surfaces and enhance the SUV's versatility as signaled by the adventurous ST-X concept revealed a few years ago.

The 2023 Lamborghini Urus Performance is priced from $260,676 in the United States. Interestingly, the Chinese-market SUV will be capped at a lower 640 horsepower "for homologation reasons."

Back