Lamborghini URUS SUV Production Model Thread - Officially Revealed

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 119 comments
Nice SEAT 👍

Mitja Borkert is a lying git. It isn't like nothing else on the road. It's really quite unspectacular.
There's probably a reason for it being unspectacular.

Nothing on that bland VAG product makes it a Lamborghini.
And this is probably the reason. I don't think it was made to be a Lamborghini, but to sell like hot cakes to people who may not otherwise buy a Lamborghini and get them onto the Brand. All my assumptions of course.

Shame it's blander than the Urus concept, looks like pretty much any other coupe styled SUV out there (GLE, F-Pace), most of which are half the price.
Agree, the concept was so much better.

I like it. Looks more exciting than the other cars its based on. The performance is also mental for a big bruiser of an SUV, Model X aside.
Out of the SUVs it is probably the most interesting. Would love to see a race series with these SUVs so we can get stripped out versions of them in games. I'm sure it would be fun.

Someone I follow on Twitter was suggesting out loud that the designer lost the battle with the bean counters on where the rear door handle in particular should go. If ever there was a car that needed to hide the handle in the rear quarter glass...

Not sure that'd make much of an improvement without redesigning the rear doors, which look fine otherwise.

Flush handles all-round like on the RR Velar would have been more than adequate where the current VAG traditional door openers are.

Not sure that'd make much of an improvement without redesigning the rear doors, which look fine otherwise.

Flush handles all-round like on the RR Velar would have been more than adequate where the current VAG traditional door openers are.
Or even flush handles like the Huracan, which aren't automatic like the Velar but do at least have a sense of occasion.

Concept looked much better. and smaller. This looks too big. Anything bigger than a Macan shouldn't be called an "SSUV".

It's not the worst ever, but it's definitely got a lot to improve upon, style-wise.

Still think the Estoque should've been their route if they were after the 4-door family market, but I get that SUVs are the rage.

I was hoping for a V10 or V12 until I seen the size of it. Are they still they still thinking about releasing that Sedan they made? That thing was/is beautiful. Hopefully Ferrari doesn’t go suv or Sedan, well a sedan would be better.

I was hoping for a V10 or V12 until I seen the size of it. Are they still they still thinking about releasing that Sedan they made? That thing was/is beautiful. Hopefully Ferrari doesn’t go suv or Sedan, well a sedan would be better.

The post below that I did before is my reasoning why this wont happen:
I doubt it, Porsche has been getting away with it for a decade and a half. Is a direct competitor of Ferrari, and yet no response. To me, this is all Lambo in how off the wall it is ideally for said company. The type of thing they like, plus as noted by several not their first time dabbling with SUVs.

Ferrari has a very clear cut mentality on operations, so I would expect them to do the exact opposite. Even if their shared mechanics twin has one in this very category. That's all FCA needs is that anyways, which is another reason why Ferrari wont care.

However, this was well before the news back in October came about that Marchionne wanted to bring an exclusive production SUV from Ferrari. Which tells me the market is so great for this thing that not even the traditionalist attitude of Ferrari can pass it up. So this may be the next area of cars that is blown up like Halo Super/Hyper cars, but at higher volume.

Only now noticed the door handles. They look straight from the VW parts bin. Embarrassing on such an expensive car.

proxy.jpg

I'm liking the look of the interior. More so in this colour scheme then the black on black seen in the leaked shots. But those seats don't look all that comfortable. Given that other contemporary Lamborghini seats get slated for their comfort levels, especially over longer distance journeys, i can see this maybe being an issue. Poor seats are bad form on a £200k supercar. Inexcusable on a £200k SUV.

Doesn't look quite as bad as I expected, but I guess that's a compliment for a Lambourghini product.

The rear door handles though... what were they thinking when that got signed off :lol:

The sedan has been “shelved” since it came out. And since the styling direction has changed slightly and will conintue to, it’s a good assumption the Estoque is not happening. At least, it won’t looking like the concept did.

Hopefully Ferrari doesn’t go suv or Sedan, well a sedan would be better.
Well they made the Giulia for Alfa Romeo, which is similar to what VAG did here. Though this is hideous and doesn't make any sence. Yet Lambos generally are supposed not to, so there you go.
People will probably be most excited about a Skoda on that platform.

The interior looks like a typical VAG product. The exterior looks like a mash of shapes expected of a Lamborghini, but not at all well executed with the shape of the vehicle.

What a terrible looking SEAT.

yas
Well they made the Giulia for Alfa Romeo, which is similar to what VAG did here. Though this is hideous and doesn't make any sence. Yet Lambos generally are supposed not to, so there you go.
People will probably be most excited about a Skoda on that platform.
I wouldn’t credit Ferrari as a whole for the Guilia. From what I read, Ferrari’s technical director Krief, oversaw the development, but that may merely mean that he had a good idea of how the car should be setup. Not that he managed it as if it was a Ferrari itself underneath; the car is to far outside Ferrari’s market for him to do so.

VXR
The interior looks like a typical VAG product. The exterior looks like a mash of shapes expected of a Lamborghini, but not at all well executed with the shape of the vehicle.

What a terrible looking SEAT.

Typically I agree with you, but the interior looks ripped out of a couple Aventadors and put on a Touareg base, if that's typical VAG then I'd just settle for a Touareg or Audi equivalent.

@LMSCorvetteGT2 by that I mean the layout is very much a typical, semi slanted modern SUV fascia. Contrast that with something like the R8 or Huracan, which get more bespoke layouts and controls. You don't look at a Bentayga dashboard and think VAG product. It looks like the one in the Continental GT and other Conti variants. This kinda looks like a Passat dash with trinkets on.

That's one fast Aztec 2.0

Especially in puke yellow, and the door handles lol.

Rocket bunny will have a hell of a time modding that thing.

Hey- at least their Urus looks better than the old LM002. Is the Urus beautiful? Not really. At least in terms of recent Lamborghinis, it looks much better than the Veneno and Egoista. I'm sure this SUV will deliver the goods and be a revered performance machine (let alone a performance SUV). Not entirely sold on it, but I don't hate the Urus in any respect.

I was going to make the same statement except Porsche Macan.

distance%20view%20Volkswagen%20Atlas%20R-line%202018_0.jpg

It's broad and friendly like an Autobot, while still looking all techno. The Macan doesn't look robotic enough. More Predacon, actually.

By the way, look at that disgusted stank face she's giving the car in this photo.

Back