Le Mans to Run a Virtual 24-Hour Race in Place of the Real Thing

Wonder if Eurosport will podcast this, because they actually the only free, and public source here to watch the race, and channel actually holds up this race for many years. If so, I'm in, as usual.

Decided for myself, I will do everything in every year to watch my two 24 favorite races. Big hopes there is a way and news on Nürburgring E-evernt!

rFactor 2 is not the most visually appealing to watch a 24h long race, Imo, but I'm very curious to see it. I usually follow though Eurosport as well and I hope they broadcast the event.

2020 has been a great year for sim racing and eSports so far. We'll, except live events.

I just it'll be fun to watch a PC crash, or the contenders lagging.

I think they have enough time to work on the track visually for this event, its just one track the foliage shouldn't be difficult to replace assuming the game engine can handle the additional detail.

I'm surprised this isn't going ahead without spectators like other live sports (football in europe).

Maybe Lemans isn't getting as much broadcast revenue as those other sports

Participant list:

https://t.co/3el9HKTWey?amp=1

Some notable names and pairings in there...

Max Verstappen and Lando Norris
Andre Lotterer and Neel Jani
Charles LeClerc and Antonio Giovinazzi
Fernando Alonso and Rubens Barrichello
Sebastien Buemi and Brendon Hartley
Jean-Eric Vergne and Pierre Gasly
Olivier Panis and Aurelien Panis
Jenson Button
Stoffel Vandoorne
Juan Pablo Montoya
Kamui Kobayashi
Bruno Senna
Giancarlo Fisichella

So given what's happened with NASCAR and Formula E's online events, I can't help but wonder if we should we be expecting some weird controversy that ultimately costs someone their job. It seems to be A Thing That Happens™ whenever you get something like this going.

So given what's happened with NASCAR and Formula E's online events, I can't help but wonder if we should we be expecting some weird controversy that ultimately costs someone their job. It seems to be A Thing That Happens™ whenever you get something like this going.
Well, Nelson Piquet Jr is there too...

I just it'll be fun to watch a PC crash, or the contenders lagging
Lando's PC has high chances of crashing

Participant list:

https://t.co/3el9HKTWey?amp=1

Some notable names and pairings in there...

Max Verstappen and Lando Norris
Andre Lotterer and Neel Jani
Charles LeClerc and Antonio Giovinazzi
Fernando Alonso and Rubens Barrichello
Sebastien Buemi and Brendon Hartley
Jean-Eric Vergne and Pierre Gasly
Olivier Panis and Aurelien Panis
Jenson Button
Stoffel Vandoorne
Juan Pablo Montoya
Kamui Kobayashi
Bruno Senna
Giancarlo Fisichella
And Felipe Massa

Last edited by a moderator:
rFactor 2 is not the most visually appealing to watch a 24h long race, Imo, but I'm very curious to see it. I usually follow though Eurosport as well and I hope they broadcast the event.

2020 has been a great year for sim racing and eSports so far. We'll, except live events.

Visually it's OK from my point of view, it's just that it'll take them the entire 24 hours just to load the track.

Lando's PC has high chances of crashing

This seems to be the case on F1 2019, a game he dislikes, make of that what you will

Rf2 is more comparable to Iracing so his connection should be more reliable.

Max and Norris (and their teammates) are my bets for the win. (Why no Lmp1?).

Last edited:
Time for Porsche to own it virtually this year:). Didn't expected that huge list from this even, just amazing!

Hey is Jimmy Broadbent participating?

EDIT: Oh, I found him! Mahle Racing Team. In an Aston.
EDIT2: Oh, together with Jamie Chadwick! Wow, that's a team I already sympathize with. The underdogs who just have to win the GTE class!

EDIT3: Does anyone know what this greyed-out-color means … does that mean Jimmy isn't confirmed yet or something?

Hey Jimmy B, i you're reading this: Great stuff! I recently saw your first IRL Nordschleife Lap video and also the Indy win. Hope you guys win the GTE class.
:) 👍

Last edited:
Hey is Jimmy Broadbent participating?

EDIT: Oh, I found him! Mahle Racing Team. In an Aston.
EDIT2: Oh, together with Jamie Chadwick! Wow, that's a team I already sympathize with. The underdogs who just have to win the GTE class!

EDIT3: Does anyone know what this greyed-out-color means … does that mean Jimmy isn't confirmed yet or something?

Hey Jimmy B, i you're reading this: Great stuff! I recently saw your first IRL Nordschleife Lap video and also the Indy win. Hope you guys win the GTE class.
:) 👍
Greyed out boxes probably mean sim racers. White is irl drivers

Probably one for the Brits only, but that famous-driver-intro sequence reminded me so much of this:

Every thing looks great and smooth. Hope no one will go in rage, and perform stupid stuff. Fernando, eh, disaster:). Porsche 'course number one!

Back