Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,394 comments
@Dennisch your old skool Technic collection looks fascinating, do you still know what individual sets you had or is it just all in stored together like your pictures? I must try to dig out my first Technic set.

@Dennisch your old skool Technic collection looks fascinating, do you still know what individual sets you had or is it just all in stored together like your pictures? I must try to dig out my first Technic set.

Went on a small scavenger hunt in my parents basement and found a couple of my Lego build sheets :

View attachment 286534 View attachment 286535 View attachment 286536

Top left of first photo is what I think my first Lego Technics. I think I was 4 or 5 when I got it.

I have more but that box was hidden deeper than these.

So I finally finished an old creation, the heavily armored gunship ''Mosquito'' .

Features: 16 rockets in 4 rocket pods with hatches, 2 big anti-tank rockets on each wing, an elevation-adjustable 30mm twin barrel machine cannon under the front cockpit, small cargo bay that can hold 6 minifigs, retractable landing gear, 5 turbine engines, 2 cockpits that fit two full minifigs with helmets and desert camo pattern. 1300 parts. I hope you like it! I'm planning on building it when I have some cash.

Xw4YCDm.jpg

wX3KfcJ.jpg

zUUbIb2.jpg

be3b0Q9.jpg

T30qwlb.jpg

Finally found some time to improve my vintage endurance race car model. Modified nearly everything, the side pods, added headlights, smoothened the cockpit-area, added a completely redesigned rollover-bar, a better (rounder) engine intake, added a racing stripe on the front bodywork. Couple small changes make a lot of difference.

0CkzZgr.jpg

KVV3jWI.jpg

IRSE4rl.jpg

Last edited:
Finally found some time to improve my vintage endurance race car model. Modified nearly everything, the side pods, added headlights, smoothened the cockpit-area, added a completely redesigned rollover-bar, a better (rounder) engine intake, added a racing stripe on the front bodywork. Couple small changes make a lot of difference.

0CkzZgr.jpg

KVV3jWI.jpg

IRSE4rl.jpg

She's a beaut man!

Hey anyone see and/or try this build yet?

http://www.nico71.fr/honda-nsx-type-1/ :drool: I really want him to hurry up and finish the 'pro-instructions' (assuming it comes with a part list too at that point?) so I can make one, in blue ;)

Jerome

@Dennisch Wow! I'd completely forgotten about the blue excavator. Used to dream of having that as a youngster. Do you still have it?

No, it's an idea book, I already had the last 2 editions, and these popped up so I had to snatch them up.

I will also receive 2 of these this week.

12698477574_323ba8aec9_c.jpg

The first one I ordered through EBay, and the second one because I forgot that I placed a bid on that one too. And as an added bonus thanks to miscommunication I will receive this one as well :

brickpicker_set_8853-1_2.jpg

I already have that one too. Both of them are still in their original package. And I paid 50 for it. Which was originally my bid for just the crane.

I can't wait for them to arrive.

Edit.

Completely forgot the important back story that goes with me ordering the red crane.

Back in the early 90's that crane was the thing I needed the most. And at that time there was only one shop who still had one of them in stock. Week after week I kept saving money, and checking the store if it was still there, and it was all that time. My birthday came along, I finally saved the money required and went to the store only to find that it had been sold a week earlier. Of course little old me was heartbroken.

But thanks to the Internet, an almost 25 year old wish has finally been granted. Twice. :D

Last edited:
@Dennisch

You got a bargain with the yellow loader thrown in with the red Unimog crane. Both models look awesome!
Cool back story as well (I'd be heartbroken too). 👍

It reminds me of when I was young kid. I'd always wanted the big Technic car (8860), but could never afford it. I remember entering a competition in the local newspaper to win one and was convinced that having the correct answer to the competition question, that I stood a good chance of winning (how naïve I was :lol:). Heartbroken when I didn't win. However, a few years after, my dad managed to find a second-hand set at a car boot sale and bought it me as a birthday present. The box was a bit battered but all of the pieces were still there. I was so happy! Wish I still had it now.

Working on a new project, this is still a veeeery early alpha, but the groundwork has been laid. :D
70's F1 car, with steering. Fortunately the cockpit turned out really spacious, installing a nice seat should be very easy and there is even room for pedals. I'm not too happy with the side pods yet, need to be a little smoother, the nose too. As I said, early alpha...

b2Q4c9h.jpg

oQh2OFU.jpg

Last edited:
Working on a new project, this is still a veeeery early alpha, but the groundwork has been laid. :D
70's F1 car, with steering. Fortunately the cockpit turned out really spacious, installing a nice seat should be very easy and there is even room for pedals. I'm not too happy with the side pods yet, need to be a little smoother, the nose too. As I said, early alpha...

b2Q4c9h.jpg

oQh2OFU.jpg
Can you whack a Chevrolet small block into it?

@Dennisch

Oldschool overload! I had that little front shovel excavator with the rear wheel steering. Sitting with my sister and mother under the Christmas tree and putting it together is one of my earliest memories. Almost makes me a little teary-eyed. :embarrassed: 👍

As for my recent creation I'm mostly finished. A need to add / change a few details buit its about 75% ready. Here it is in the CAD program next to my Endurance Race car which I built just a month ago I think. Can't wait to order the parts.

Without patting myself on my back, I really like the model. I think once its finished and polished and assembled with real bricks it might become my new favorite car.

K16ItOZ.jpg

twfaHAo.jpg

KoPa0ce.jpg

Last edited:
@Dennisch
I've never owned any Technic pneumatic sets, are they hard to work with/create your own model with? Wish I had a mass of Technic stuff right now, building with it looks addictive! :lol: Superb! collection of models man. 👍

@Michael88
My word! have to agree, I don't know how or why but that F1 car actually looks even better than the Can-Am/Le mans car next to it. Stunning work! can't wait to see it built in real Lego. :drool:

I've never owned any Technic pneumatic sets, are they hard to work with/create your own model with? Wish I had a mass of Technic stuff right now, building with it looks addictive! :lol: Superb! collection of models man. 👍

Well, I remember building the coolest things with it, but that was when I still had some imagination. It has been 20 years since I last touched the Lego, but I imagine that if I fiddle around long enough I can create some cool stuff again. And seeing how we now have the Interwebs for inspiration it shouldn't be too hard.

Edit.

DSC_0097.JPG

:D

Last edited:
My word! have to agree, I don't know how or why but that F1 car actually looks even better than the Can-Am/Le mans car next to it. Stunning work! can't wait to see it built in real Lego. :drool:
Thanks! :dopey: Can't wait either, I just ordered the 500 parts - which was quite a chore.

Last edited:
*Going to the attic, searching for my old lego toys*

It looks like a heap of fun, this lego thing. And probably a good stress reliever as well.

I built the GT3RS earlier this year - absolutely loved it.

I'd get more, but just have no room to store them once done.

Funny, I just started digging through my bin-o-Lego's to rebuild some of the sets from years gone by.

I just recently rebuilt my Blacktron Invader. Released in 1987, its probably been in 156 pieces since 1987.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6894_Invader
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6894_Invader
I'm actually surprised that 30 years later I still had all the pieces to rebuild it.

I also rebuilt the X1 Patrol Craft (Short 3 pieces), Space Dart 1 and my personal long time favorite the Xenon X-Craft

While I love the complexity of the new sets, there is just something about the simplicity of the older sets that keeps me rebuilding them.

Back