Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
Allow me to quote myself.

Just remember, Lego is a lot like sheep, apart from the wool, and bleating in a field part.

Also sheep don't work if you take apart and reassemble them.

Lego doesn't keep you warm on a cold winter day.

Maybe stupid question but is Lego solely for children?

Maybe stupid question but is Lego solely for children?

WHkrPEb.jpg

Allow me to quote myself.

Just remember, Lego is a lot like sheep, apart from the wool, and bleating in a field part.

I always thought that Lego was treated like Oreo, where the " 's " is used. I've been wrong for over 30 years?

Who said Lego sets were for kids?? Get over here so I can smack you with my cane.

No. The worst thing Lego do is put an upper age limit on the box.

Well, the advanced sets are "aged" +16. So if those are, everything else must be the same. So every other box must be misprinted.

Saying LEGOS is comparable to saying ''clip''' to a firearm magazine. People will hunt you down and crucify you for those sins.

As well the members of the Church of John Garand should do. Now repent and say your Hail Garand.

Interesting. Never knew Lego's stance on it. (Did I do that right?)

Well, I'll do what I can to be proper. But I'm going to slip up a few times in the process. It's a 30 year old habit to break.

Anyone else out there getting into the habit of buying more sets than they have time to build?

I seem to be falling into that trap lately.

Right now my pile consists of:
75912 - Lego Speed Champions Porsche 911 Finish Line
10246 - Creator Detectives Office
76060 - Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum
70916 - Batwing
75102 - Poe's X-Wing

I have a few polybags that I received sitting around too that I haven't touched.

I've also got Megaconstruct's Atheon set in the pile too. Clearanced at $4 it was hard to pass up.

Anyone else out there getting into the habit of buying more sets than they have time to build?

I seem to be falling into that trap lately.

I have about 6 sets and lots of polybags I haven't built but it's not for lack of time, I just don't get round to them!

Try not to buy any new sets when I have so many not even opened but with Black Friday round the corner hopefully I won't cave.

Try not to buy any new sets when I have so many not even opened but with Black Friday round the corner hopefully I won't cave.

Black Friday can get stuffed. Brickset's discount tracker is where it's at.

This information probably doesn't help your wallet, I admit.

In other news, having missed out previously because I didn't realise it was limited, I have a Saturn V rocket on its way to me (and another to my sister for our dad's Christmas present). Here's the link if anyone else is after one (but not you, Robin!).

Got the bricks, built my model. Turned out really nice, I love it when something I designed in the computer becomes physical reality. Its a bit like real world magic.

I hope you freaking Legoheads like my entry for the 1973 F1 LEGO world championship. See you on the track! :D
That looks amazing @Michael88, I'd love to see that, or something similar, as a real LEGO set someday.
Roo
In other news, having missed out previously because I didn't realise it was limited, I have a Saturn V rocket on its way to me (and another to my sister for our dad's Christmas present). Here's the link if anyone else is after one (but not you, Robin!).
My favorite build, so many interesting features and fun building steps along the way. I hope you have the room to display it. Once I finished it, I had to move around every other set to give it the best possible spot in my collection.

Got the bricks, built my model. Turned out really nice, I love it when something I designed in the computer becomes physical reality. Its a bit like real world magic.

I hope you freaking Legoheads like my entry for the 1973 F1 LEGO world championship. See you on the track! :D

X8Rp9IZ.jpg

WIM206D.jpg

dbnStms.jpg

aP40yrf.jpg
Make another with a Chevrolet small block in it. Not a shoddy Cosworth DFV...:sly:

That looks amazing @Michael88, I'd love to see that, or something similar, as a real LEGO set someday.
Thanks!
I wish they made lots of models in that scale, with all the new parts and the interest in racing and car models it would be a wonderful idea.
Like Ferrari F40 ''lite'' models.

Make another with a Chevrolet small block in it. Not a shoddy Cosworth DFV...:sly:

Go away, I'm European! Cosworth it is! :P

Besides, there is a big Block in my Can-Am model.

Scored an interesting set this weekend.

I was wandering around a little shop my wife wanted to go to this weekend when I saw one of these sitting on the self ... clearanced.
img_1253.jpg

It was priced about the same as the second version that was released. (which I already own) so it was hard to pass up.

Now I just have to figure out where to put it once its built. :ill::confused:

Back