Lemons 100 Miles: Championship Sign Up's & Qualifier

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 104 comments
  • 5,775 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said it started at 8:00 so the room opened early and most people did some driving practice and then it started at 8:00. That was your fault. I for one didn't know you said you were going to be late so that's between you an stormtrooper but when something is scheduled to start I usually expect it to start.
Still, if you WANT a series/league to take off or be successful with participation, ESPECIALLY given that this was the FIRST gathering of potential contenders/comrades, then you would think that it being a 'one lap only' qualifier race (which, i for one, think is stupid anyways... Yeah, its a very long track, indeed... But c'mon), then MAYBE you would think to possibly linger around an extra 20-30min AFTER the said event, to see if any late ones pop up, etc... Again, ESPECIALLY if you were hoping for larger numbers of participants...

I mean, really... You send out invites for a practice room an hour before this said event, THE DAY OF... And to NOT post, say, or anything even of the sort prior to the actual DAY OF THE RACE. Just a last minute, "room invite, riiiight now right now at 7:xx pm everybody" on their PSN... I mean come on.

So really, WHO was to know there was a practice room open, from 7pm-8pm, without logging onto your PSN, say at 8:00 just to see a message, from an hour earlier notifying you of that...... Lol, I'm sorry but thats just ridiculous.

At least post the damn thing on here or something. That way, you know, people with normal lives outside of their PSN account, can possibly get a push notification in their e-mail, saying 'Stormtrooper replied to thread such and such'... You pull out your phone at work, or on the drive home from dinner, or what have you, see the little blinking light, check your email, and go.. Ohhh, well that's good to know NOW, instead of when I get home and turn on my Playstation, ON-Time for the event, only to see a message, from an hour earlier. Lol, I would have been aware of that...... How?

Stupid, IMO and poor organization.
 
This. I did want the race to begin with everybody and so I started at 'round 8:10, a few minutes after the schedule. Somehow, also, each race somehow gets delayed for a while. First race was waiting for a friend (Which he arrived about 10 minutes after the scheduled time, shorter than 25 minutes). Next race a few connection issues as alot of guys got a Black Screen of Death. This race was waiting for a few more friends, and an accidental early start. You can still race, but you'll just be in Group B.

So wait, since we didn't qualify, we no longer can even compete? You can't just throw us into the back of the pack by default?

What?
 
So wait, since we didn't qualify, we no longer can even compete? You can just throw us into the back of the pack by default?

What?

PRECISELY 👍

Refer to my post, right above his.... You'll see EXACTLY what my point is :)
 
(we also stated that we would like to participate in Group A, in addition. NOT ONE, OR THE OTHER.)

But having one racer in two groups wouldn't be fair as this would result in less people being able to race, and, if there were more sign up's then you'd see something like this:

SEASON STANDINGS:
Group A.
1. Dude1
2. Dude2
3. Dude3
Group B.
1. Dude1
2. Dude2.
3. Dude4.

See what I mean? And then...

Quote: Dude5: Dang I wish I could sign up.
 
So wait, since we didn't qualify, we no longer can even compete? You can't just throw us into the back of the pack by default?

What?

You can compete, just in Group B. I changed that rule yesterday.

There is a reason they call them qualifiers. So now you race, just in Group B. All of this just because you (Weavity1) arrived too late?
 
Last edited:
(we also stated that we would like to participate in Group A, in addition. NOT ONE, OR THE OTHER.)

But having one racer in two groups wouldn't be fair as this would result in less people being able to race, and, if there were more sign up's then you'd see something like this:

SEASON STANDINGS:
Group A.
1. Dude1
2. Dude2
3. Dude3
Group B.
1. Dude1
2. Dude2.
3. Dude4.

See what I mean? And then...

Quote: Dude5: Dang I wish I could sign up.

OF COURSE, IT WOULD BE... I have done so before, for YEARS, when I raced RC off road. I ran in FOUR different classes, using FOUR different trucks/buggies all at ONE event... In ONE DAY.

Do yourself a favor kid, and use google, prior (or even duuuuuuring) to organizing such a 'series'. You would have learned ALOT about groups/classes/divisions/etc., had you done so. Therefore, THIS disorganization, would not be occurring at the moment ;)
 
You can compete, just in Group B. I changed that rule yesterday.

I didn't sign up for group B, I signed up for group A. The rules at the time said nothing along the lines of "should a participant of group A fail to qualify, they shall then be placed in group B."

I bought cars for group A, not B.
Group B is a totally different class altogether...

I don't even remember qualifying to be a requirement.
 
You can compete, just in Group B. I changed that rule yesterday.

There is a reason they call them qualifiers. So now you race, just in Group B. All of this just because you arrived too late?

Have you ever heard of the saying 'You can't have your cake and eat it, too'?

If not, google THAT while you're at it 👍
 
OF COURSE, IT WOULD BE... I have done so before, for YEARS, when I raced RC off road. I ran in FOUR different classes, using FOUR different trucks/buggies all at ONE event... In ONE DAY.

Do yourself a favor kid, and use google, prior (or even duuuuuuring) to organizing such a 'series'. You would have learned ALOT about groups/classes/divisions/etc., had you done so. Therefore, THIS disorganization, would not be occurring at the moment ;)

I'd rather have 14 different people then just 7. NASCAR is even criticised for "Buschwackers", so they are implying a rule which they don't score points. I mean, this is my league, and I reminded everybody when the lounge opened. Let's see... if somebody wins a race in both groups, then they would get more winnings (credits) than normal, anyways.
 
I'm outta here. Sorry, but this is ridiculous.

GUYS, I'm making my own damn series. Same cars, so no worries if you've done and built yourself up one (or TWO) already 👍
 
I didn't sign up for group B, I signed up for group A. The rules at the time said nothing along the lines of "should a participant of group A fail to qualify, they shall then be placed in group B."

I bought cars for group A, not B.
Group B is a totally different class altogether...

I don't even remember qualifying to be a requirement.

I know you did, but read my post with the, "Bump". You don't need to say that rules can be changed without notice for them to indeed change. It's a piece of cake to know that.

Now i'm done arguing.
 
RULES:
1. No strong language.
2. No intentional crashing.
3. Car must be 150 horsepower or under for Group A. 98 horsepower for Group B.
4. Must use a different car every race.
5. Cash for each car+tuning options are limited to 15k in Group A, and 12k in Group B.
6. For every broken rule, racer will be forced to make a mandatory pitting. If not, the racer will be DQ.
7. Comfort hard tires only.

You know, what with you not updating the first post, I totally missed the part about Group A people that fail to qualify being pushed back to Group B.

By the rules above, still the most recent updated version I have broken nothing, yet I'm not in a different car class than what I signed up for. Actually, I don't even have a car for group B.

Yeah... you can count me out altogether at this point.
Sorry.
 
May I bring this $hit show back up? I didn;t have a problem and fully raced 76 laps of madrid mini in a tiburon (UGLY!!) for 3rd Tired but it was bloody awesome being such a tight race, especially with chads CRX on the last 2 laps. I think Trooper is running it just fine and its only a lemon race no need to get worked up about it your throwin around chump change hahaha.
 
Meh, this thread doesn't need further discussion. Season 1 is almost over and everybody seems to enjoy it.

Closed...
 
Thread closed at starter's request.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back