Lemons 100 Miles: Championship Sign Up's & Qualifier

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Bman
  • 104 comments
  • 5,775 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there :)
 
I'd like to try group B , or A if everyone goes in A.
 
I have my two qualifying cars ready for tomorrow evening! My Group A and Group B car 👍

My two cars that I've prepped..............



GROUP 'A' CAR:

Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 - [52,7xx miles]
142hp/6400rpm - 1090kg
Comfort Hard Tires - NO Aids, only ABS: 1

- Vehicle UCD Cost: Cr.9,883
- Added TOTAL: Cr.4,850
  • Oil Change: Cr.250
  • Racing Air Filter: Cr.450
  • Sports Catalytic Converter: Cr.500
  • Sports Flywheel: Cr.650
  • Fixed Sports Kit Suspension: Cr.3,000
GROUP 'A' CAR TOTAL EXPENSE(S): Cr.14,733




GROUP 'B' CAR:

Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79 - [36,2xx miles]
98hp/5600rpm - 780kg
Comfort Hard Tires - NO Aids, only ABS: 1

- Vehicle UCD Cost: Cr.9,637
- Added TOTAL: Cr.2,200
  • Oil Change: Cr.250
  • ECU Tuning: Cr.1,000
  • Racing Air Filter: Cr.450
  • Sports Catalytic Converter: Cr.500
GROUP 'A' CAR TOTAL EXPENSE(S): Cr.11,837



LMAO, talk about trial and error with these two!!!! Wheeeeew! :lol:
But, alas, I'm done with my two lemons! 👍 haha
 
Last edited:
Woo! More Group B competition! Hells yeah I'll be there, just to take that Weavty character down a peg or two. How you might ask? By bringing the exact same Group A car. Hells yeah. (No it wasn't planned like that.)

Group 'A'
'88 Silvia Q
UCD Cost = $9,011

Oil Change = $250
Racing Air Filter = $450
Hi-Flow Cat = $500
ECU = $1,000
Sports Susp. = $3,000
Awesome Wing = $500

Grand Total = $14,711
148hp/1090 kg


I'm kidding of course Tylor, I'm quite confident you're going to school me in both classes. I couldn't touch your ring time in my Group 'B' car which is...


Group 'B'
'89 Mitsubishi Minica Dangan ZZ (Kei car FTW!)
UCD Cost = $7,134

Oil Change = $250
Racing Air Filter = $450
Hi-Flow Cat = $500
ECU = $1,000
Sports Exhaust = $3,000
Awesome Wing = $500

Grand Total = $11,134
74hp/640kg


Of course both vehicles are on Comfort Hards and I'm running with all aids except ABS off. I might change my Group 'B' car, before the race but I'll update this post with my final choice before the event tonight.


Crap, did I just use FTW in a forum post? I'm going to GTP hell...
 
Hahaha, sick dude!!! :D 👍

Yeah, I bought SEVERAL Group A cars to test-n-tune with here, this week, and used the full Autumn Ring track as my 'proving grounds' for lap times. It was between an '89 Miata, a clean CRX, a modestly-tuned Honda Beat, or my Silvia Q.. All had around the same lap times, but the Silvia felt most neutral and had about a consistent .400~.500 on the others.. So the choice was obvious :p lol
 
I've been playing at my friends house a lot lately, so I haven't had much time to find cars in the UCD. That Silvia is actually the only car I've been able to find that was cheap and less than 150hp. I came across two or three RX-7s for cheap but were 200+hp.

I'd like to find a CRX or a Prelude. I love the last gen Preludes.
 
Well, i'll make it so the people who fail to qualify for Group A go to the Group B qualifier. Nice info there!
 
If the different groups run different nights, I might be interested in running both classes.
 
Well, i'll make it so the people who fail to qualify for Group A go to the Group B qualifier. Nice info there!
Great! 👍

However, they'll be pushed into Group B, IN a Group B car... correct?



If the different groups run different nights, I might be interested in running both classes.
^Yeah, what he said! :dopey: haha
Me too.. lol
 
Group A Wednesdays, and Group B Thursdays? Group A racers who fail to make the cut will be in Group B in Group B spec cars.
 
Group A Wednesdays, and Group B Thursdays? Group A racers who fail to make the cut will be in Group B in Group B spec cars.
👍

Perfect, sir!
 
Since the move of B to Thursday I'd definitely like to try for A tonight :)
Just hope I can find a car before I go to work !
 
Group A Room opens tonight. Just a quick reminder for those who don't know.
 
I will try to make tonight's qualifying time. I will need to see what I have or can put together between getting home from work and race time. This sounds fun!

If I can't make tonight with a car, I will definatelly have something ready for tomrrow.
 
Last edited:
I am going to cancel my entry, simply because I won't be able to enter any of the races after the first round because I'll be back at school.
 
^Pfft, who needs school anyway? ;)

Kids, drugs are bad.. Mmmk?
 
mr_t_stay_in_schoo.jpg
 
I am going to cancel my entry, simply because I won't be able to enter any of the races after the first round because I'll be back at school.

So the races would be a little too early?
 
Made a rule change. But, the race winner gets a 50,000 cr. maximum of their choice.
 
Got a car for group A

MX-5 SR-Limited (NA,J)'97 14, 516 CR
Oil Change 250 CR

Will look for more
 
^Niiiice man! 👍
 
Unless I find that Silvia or something better... this is my Group A car for tonight

Group 'A'
'83 City Turbo II
UCD Cost = $11,915

Oil Change = $250
Racing Air Filter = $450
Hi-Flow Cat = $500
ECU = $1,000

Grand Total = $14,115
129hp/735kg
 
Wow, so after getting in the room barely 20min late, the 'qualifier' is already over with....??? wtf. Even AFTER, I said 'I'll be running a little behind' to stormtrooper. Nice.

USUALLY, for a specified-time event/race, the race itself, typically doesn't START riiiiiiight at effing 8:00, exactly. Jesus, there's usually about a 15-20min practice session first, and THEN the said event... But I guess some people are a little more poignant with time.

Wtf ever. Great qualifier tonight guys!

Face.palm.
 
We started at around 8:10, Plus, the room was opened at 7:00, so you should have expected the race to start at 8:00 - 8:10.

Anyways, great race.
 
We started at around 8:10, Plus, the room was opened at 7:00, so you should have expected the race to start at 8:00 - 8:10.

Anyways, great race.

Got home at 7:30 then went for dinner.

Joined about halfway into the race. :(
 
Wow, so after getting in the room barely 20min late, the 'qualifier' is already over with....??? wtf. Even AFTER, I said 'I'll be running a little behind' to stormtrooper. Nice.

USUALLY, for a specified-time event/race, the race itself, typically doesn't START riiiiiiight at effing 8:00, exactly. Jesus, there's usually about a 15-20min practice session first, and THEN the said event... But I guess some people are a little more poignant with time.

Wtf ever. Great qualifier tonight guys!

Face.palm.

He said it started at 8:00 so the room opened early and most people did some driving practice and then it started at 8:00. That was your fault. I for one didn't know you said you were going to be late so that's between you an stormtrooper but when something is scheduled to start I usually expect it to start.
 
It was a good race, we had a decent amount of people show up which is good 👍 I started on pole, took off and never saw anyone else again so it wasn't exactly an exciting race for me, but I imagine everyone else had some back and forth racing at least up until we hit the old part of the track. That Stanza I was driving is a beast compared to the other cars apparently :crazy:
 
So in regards to the posted 'qualifiers' in your first page, updated post......

I thought the whole Group A and Group B deal, was that they are TWO entirely separate classes. And NOT using the Group B, as just an 'overflow' parking lot.


💡
Here's the deal.

WEDNESDAYS - Group A: 150hp max, 15k Cr. expense limit

THURSDAYS - Group B: 98hp max, 12k Cr. expense limit


You had specifically ASKED if we had wanted to run another class, being that the two groups were split into two different nights. Myself, as well as a few others, had originally WANTED to be in Group B, and once you opened up the aforementioned option, we also stated that we would like to participate in Group A, in addition. NOT ONE, OR THE OTHER.

Typically, Group A runners, would not get 'placed' into Group B, for 'just because' or what have you... THAT should only be warranted, say, if Group A had reached the maximum capacity of 16 entrants, then B would be used as an 'overflow'. However, THAT is not the case whatsoever. For whomever showed up late or didn't show up at all for their particular group, they shouldn't be placed in an entirely different class/group.. Instead, since THERE IS ROOM, they would only be put at the back of the grid, in their originally-intended class. Simple as that. Like ANY other organized race, Ie; NASCAR, IRL, SuperGT, F1, etc. It's not a no-show, no-go process.... If that was the case, nothing would have ever taken off, for any of the above mentioned organizations/series.

Sooooo, Mr. Stormtrooper, sir. Would you KINDLY revise your posts, and update per the above? Thanks 👍
 
He said it started at 8:00 so the room opened early and most people did some driving practice and then it started at 8:00. That was your fault. I for one didn't know you said you were going to be late so that's between you an stormtrooper but when something is scheduled to start I usually expect it to start.


This. I did want the race to begin with everybody and so I started at 'round 8:10, a few minutes after the schedule. Somehow, also, each race somehow gets delayed for a while. First race was waiting for a friend (Which he arrived about 10 minutes after the scheduled time, shorter than 25 minutes). Next race a few connection issues as alot of guys got a Black Screen of Death. This race was waiting for a few more friends, and an accidental early start. You can still race, but you'll just be in Group B.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back