let's see those desktops (rev 2.0)

• Thread starter space
  • 6,010 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Linspire Linux right now. I don't seem to be able to find a MSN type of program other than AIM though.

sUn
I'm on Linspire Linux right now. I don't seem to be able to find a MSN type of program other than AIM though.
so it doesn't have any of the following apps?
gaim
kopete
miranda
amsn

Back on topic, sorry to everyone!

snapshot4.png

How's Linspire Sunny? I've got the iso but I need to burn it...and a hard drive to install it. Does anyone know if there is an option to partition the drive during the Linspire install?

:D Is she not gorgeous?
emvancampbg1.jpg

Integra Type R
How's Linspire Sunny? I've got the iso but I need to burn it...and a hard drive to install it. Does anyone know if there is an option to partition the drive during the Linspire install?
Yes, (most) any Linux install cn partition the drive. To resize a FAT/FAT32/NTFS partition to make free space for linux, check out PAUD: http://paud.sourceforge.net/ and use the parted utility.

And you will get a much "fuller" Linux experience using Fedora, and it's not hard to set up at all.

Is Fedora good for a beginner? Does Fedora screw up windows partitions? I read a few places of that happening on Fedora Core 2. I've still got Mandrake 9.2 on another partition. 10 didnt seem to like my system. :odd:

Just like Smallville I got sucked into Everwood too... sorry this isn't the right forum but does anyone know who the chick was that answered the door for madison when efrons father went over there... (I think madisons sister or roommate?)

Ok, here's a backround of my bike with my new rims just so it's a worth while post...

nrs.jpg

skip0110
Yes, (most) any Linux install cn partition the drive. To resize a FAT/FAT32/NTFS partition to make free space for linux, check out PAUD: http://paud.sourceforge.net/ and use the parted utility.

And you will get a much "fuller" Linux experience using Fedora, and it's not hard to set up at all.

👍 Thanks! I'll deffinately check that out!

ViperManiac: Well, when I installed FC2, It reformatted both my drives when I specifically said only to format the one drive. That was well over 3000 songs totalling around 25GB and about 2GB of pictures. :mad:

Integra Type R
👍 Thanks! I'll deffinately check that out!

ViperManiac: Well, when I installed FC2, It reformatted both my drives when I specifically said only to format the one drive. That was well over 3000 songs totalling around 25GB and about 2GB of pictures. :mad:
We should all discuss this in the
thread I made so we dont derail this one. And yes, I have no first hand experience of this, but there is a problem with FC2 and Windows, see the thread I made.

Well, I got Linux up and running again! I'd like to send a shout out to Rjensen11 for telling me that I need Linux set to a Primary Partition and I am aslo running the ext3 filesystem. I will have pics as soon as I can get my Network configured... (no problems last time....)

btw, rjensen, I was running Windowmaker lasr time I could run linux (so ugly 👎 ) and I am now running GMONE, so much better looking than KDE...

Howdy's

If any of you have any Linux questions, just try to hit me up on AIM, I don't like MSN. Even though I have an account, I'd rather use AIM, just because I find it more convenient (no need for permissions of putting others on buddy lists, etc)

Anywho, here's my latest screeny: downsized from 1600x1200 to 1024x768 for you small-screenies out there:

Screenshot.jpg

Event Horizon
Seen that one, rjen

Ah yes, but not with a transparent background for gnome-terminal!

I'm tempted to try x.org's X11 6.8.1, but I hear that the (true, like the transparency of the cursor, but instead of just the cursor, it's for everything, like terminals, etc) transparency settings are resource hogs and are still pretty unstable. I guess I'll just wait until I see it packaged and listed on Slackware's site.

Click it. I have no Idea what I am doing in linux. I can't even install XMMS! I can't install themes, either... get on AIM, rjen!

at least I got my resolution above 1024x768! :dopey: took me a while!

I'm on my dormmate's computer right now, but the desktop I'd been using solid for half the summer is on my DA page:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9102953/

The only difference is that shortly after that screen capture, I changed the original Nano theme out for the dark gray taskbar version. Much nicer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back