let's see those desktops (rev 2.0)

• Thread starter space
  • 6,010 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
skip0110
Man, what are you looking in the background for? Thats clearly not the point of that picture.

While we're at it, why is she holding 6 cards?

I'm telling you, it's 7 card stud, she just hasn't gotten the last card yet!

Clicky

the wallpaper is available on my deviantart. I had to do some levels adjustment in order to make my rainlendar and sysmetrix properly show up

edit:
can someone find me a sysmetrix and a rainlendar skin that'd work well here?

emad

Clicky

the wallpaper is available on my deviantart. I had to do some levels adjustment in order to make my rainlendar and sysmetrix properly show up

edit:
can someone find me a sysmetrix and a rainlendar skin that'd work well here?

EDIT: Well if you have a anit-virus program you're ok, if you don't I suggest not because i've done a ton of tweaks but now i'm doing a virus scan and so far, not even half way done, I have 23 viruses.

www.wincustomize.com has tons of rainlenders and sysmetrix applications. 15 pages of them to be exact. Everything that's on my desktop is from WinCustomize.

EDIT: Well if you have a anit-virus program you're ok, if you don't I suggest not because i've done a ton of tweaks but now i'm doing a virus scan and so far, not even half way done, I have 23 viruses.

:lol:

Wow, you have either the crappiest of firewall's, or you have no idea what you're doing. Getting a Virus from deviantart, or wincustomize for that matter, is just shy of impossible.

I'm computer illiterate. So I totally deleted all the files I downloaded from wincustomize.

I had a total of 54 viruses at the end.:nervous::(

Bud, look at the Windows Tweaklist link in my sig, and see if you can't find out some nifty things for your pc. I'll bet that you download a nice firewall after taking a look at the list.

:lol:
Ahh, Windows, at least it does something right....

I'm telling you man she has 7 cards! Want me to show you?
Please, I'm dieing to see it!

Edit:
Here's a new desktop for me, I'm tempted to have it go random wallpaper hourly or something, just for the hell of it. Anywho, here's the image:
beach.jpg

It should be at 1600x1200, but I guess they downshrunk the image, oh well

I'm computer illiterate. So I totally deleted all the files I downloaded from wincustomize.

I had a total of 54 viruses at the end.:nervous::(

I'm a frequent user of WinCustomize, tweaking XP and everything you name it, I encounter spyware frequently, which I delete everyday, I haven't had a virus for over 3 months the last and first virus I've ever had was the Blaster Worm, which I deleted about 3 hours from getting it.

Have you started using the computer in school yet?

sUn
I'm a frequent user of WinCustomize, tweaking XP and everything you name it, I encounter spyware frequently, which I delete everyday, I haven't had a virus for over 3 months the last and first virus I've ever had was the Blaster Worm, which I deleted about 3 hours from getting it.

Have you started using the computer in school yet?

Yeah, I have yet to get a virus under Linux, Windows I didn't have too many because of ZoneAlarm, Norton, and my hardware firewall, but I still got them occasionally, eventually had to do a reformat of C:\ and my programs partition.

Dude, if you like tweaking, try Linux, they make it much more accessable

sUn
From what I've heard Linux is hard to install?
only if you use something like Debian or Gentoo. Distros like Fedora, Mandrake, Suse, etc are rediculously easy to install. Many of them are even easier to install than WinXP

My latest. This guy is a very awesome renderer. 👍

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 14
emad
only if you use something like Debian or Gentoo. Distros like Fedora, Mandrake, Suse, etc are rediculously easy to install. Many of them are even easier to install than WinXP

I've got a 18GB partition on my 37GB harddrive, so maybe I should try Linux. Anyplace you know of where I can get a free version of linux that's easy to install for a Linux newbie?

sUn
I've got a 18GB partition on my 37GB harddrive, so maybe I should try Linux. Anyplace you know of where I can get a free version of linux that's easy to install for a Linux newbie?
I strongly reccomend Fedora. It's free and easy to install
Mandrake is also awesome but you'll have a bit tougher time finding rpm packages for it (rpms software installation files for newbies - they don't require you to compile from scratch)
Linspire is the easiest of all of them for installation of most things but it costs money :(

If you have time, patience, and a willingness to learn, i'd strongly urge you to grab Gentoo (the one i prefer) or Debian since the installation process will teach you a lot about linux and how it operates

I downloaded the first 3 iso's and cancelled it between the last one. Instead I'm going to install Linspire Live 4.5. :d

you realize that linspire live isn't a proper linux experience? It's just going to run the os off the cd

Yes, I decided that I'll just run it off the CD when I want to run it, I just want to use Linux so I can have some experience. 👍

Is this how I boot it up?

Burn the iso using Nero Burning(boot) then I stick the CDR in, burn it, then I put it in my DVD-ROM, restart and boot with Linspire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back