Level 22 - German Touring Car Championship..!!

• Thread starter MJGAIR
  • 96 comments
Cheers for the ideas, bit strange you can use other cars from different Countries though ..

DTM is not a series for German touring cars only. Back then, when the M stood for "Meisterschaft", there were more manufactorers than Audi and Mercedes. GT5 does not feature any of the current DT Masters cars, except the Lexus prototype.

Alfa Romeo used to compete in the DTM aswell.... those where the days:guilty:
8604Alfa_155_DTM.jpg

Lexus was planning to compete but decided not to in the end. Sourse

I used the Opel DTM I found in the Used car lot and won it easily with nothing but an oil change. Fun car and series. 👍

yeah i i couldnt find a car in the used shop for this etheir but i bouth the lexus thinkin i had over paid but then found out it had more power,cheaper and premuim and also was realy easy to drive real torqy in second gear do but whell balanced lexus concept is yo best bet for dtm

Gah! If only I would have known I could use the Lexus...

Waited and bought an Audi for a lot more.

This is the third time ive seen a thread asking pretty much the exact same question what is the difficulty in searching for the answer :S, Just buy the Lexus and read why its eligible for entry

Annoyingly the car I actually want is a 190e 2.5-16 DTM, but its the oldest and slowest, but Im wondering if I upgrade it enough will It make enough difference?

If not Ill probably grind for the lexus..

To all those, who think it is a bad idea to buy a DTM car, it isn't really. Because later on in B-spec, you win the Lexus anyway, so there is no real need to buy it.

Annoyingly the car I actually want is a 190e 2.5-16 DTM, but its the oldest and slowest, but Im wondering if I upgrade it enough will It make enough difference?

If you're a decent player you really should be able to win with this car.

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft, or in English, German Touring Car Championship. Although primarily based in Germany, there was no rule saying the cars had to be German. In fact there's an Alfa Romeo touring car in the game which can be used.

I went with full upgraded 190e 2.5-16 DTM.. Was a walk in the park :dopey:

I bought one of them. Cost just shy of 1.5 million, gave it an oil change, a stage three turbo to bring it's power in line and unneccessarily some soft slicks. Beat the competition by miles and in style :).

i still seeing this being a BIG problem for gamers who want to simply get into a race quickly without having to search constantly. This is very frustrating and needs to be addressed.

Why aren't ALL standard cars just available in the used dealership? Do you realize how much time and frustration this would save?

i still seeing this being a BIG problem for gamers who want to simply get into a race quickly without having to search constantly. This is very frustrating and needs to be addressed.

Why aren't ALL standard cars just available in the used dealership? Do you realize how much time and frustration this would save?

To be honest I think my favorite part of the game is the completely random used car dealership. I play the game to collect and drive my favorite cars, which happen to be the group C, DTM, JGTC, and LMP cars. The thing that makes the game exciting for me (at least until/if they add some new events) is checking the used car dealership to see if something I really want is there, not to mention the stress of checking it out 3 game days after you've just blown all your cash on a car that's only halfway up your wanted list but you just couldnt resist buying.

This also keeps leveling up and earning credits fresh for me, because instead of just lapping Indy like everyone else seems to be doing, I want to race whatever is available for my new toy. Lets just hope they add a bunch more races :indiff:

If I could buy all the cars I want, whenever I want, collecting cars would just turn into a repetitive sequence of grinding until I could afford number 1 on the list, then going back to grinding for number 2.. etc

Right now I'm torn though, I need a Formula GT, but if a sauber C9 rolls around there's a good chance Im gonna drop my whole bank account. I saw both of them back around level 4 or 5, so if the list repeats itself it's either one or the other and with my lack of self control, I'll probably take whatever comes first :)

I like to use this website to easily compare cars, and to keep a list of what cars I own:

http://www.mygranturismo.net/

And to answer your question.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?start=0&set=45,44,52,53,86,527,534,775,776,16,400,1002,1003

One car is in yellow meaning it is premium meaning you can buy from the dealers.

I am a bit cautious log into some un-official websites with my PSN details, as it is link with my credit card details isn't it?

You're right to be cautious with non-Sony website asking for PSN details, one should never gives such details but on official Sony site. But the site you're talking about don't ask you this, so why do you talk about that security issue?
You can enter your PSNid, which is public info, if you want to complete your profile (that also build a link to your PSN Trophies list for your own use), nothing more.

About thread subject, Lexus is good, but you can win it later if you play bspec endurance (Nurburgring 4h at level 33).

No upgrades required to win.

No upgrades required to win.

What he said, unless you count an oil change and R3's as upgrades (well, maybe the R3's are).

Oddly enough, the Merc 190E costs about 200 thousand more than the Mercedes CLK Touring Car.

I had the same problem as the OP - had to wait forever until an 'abt Audi TT-R touring car' appeared in used cars.

Despite being fairly evenly matched, I waltzed to victory. How mundane. 👎

To be honest I think my favorite part of the game is the completely random used car dealership. I play the game to collect and drive my favorite cars...

I completely agree I had been grinding up to over a million last night, popped into the dealership to look for the A4 DTM car and ended up grabbing the Nomad which I hadn't seen before.

I had the same problem as the OP - had to wait forever until an 'abt Audi TT-R touring car' appeared in used cars.

Despite being fairly evenly matched, I waltzed to victory. How mundane. 👎

I can't remember where, but I think you win exactly this car in some event :crazy:
At least I did...

A little off topic but since someone mentioned the Camry, I love how you can use the Toyota Camry(Nascar) in the Japanese Championship:)

Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft, or in English, German Touring Car Championship. Although primarily based in Germany, there was no rule saying the cars had to be German. In fact there's an Alfa Romeo touring car in the game which can be used.

Since 2000 it means Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters ^^

I don't think you need to tune any of the eligible cars to win the series. You people do know that you can see a list of the eligible cars in the game?

An Astra Vauxhall Super Touring Car showed up in the used car section, I maxed out the tuning, and won the series easily, winning enough credits to offset the initial investment...

Back